What is closed in your community....?

And then COVID19 says "Hold my beer". :duck:

I genuinely hope these strategies go well. The epidemiologist in me says it probably won't. This will be a real morbid lesson learned.

j

And then COVID19 says "Hold my beer". :duck:

I genuinely hope these strategies go well. The epidemiologist in me says it probably won't. This will be a real morbid lesson learned.

j

It will be a lot of watching with equal parts fascination and trepidation (and a good bit of hoping for the best thrown in).

I would be ok if they would relax the RV part stays to allow us to get out. Though Melissa said, if we can't do much more then sit at the camper and do nothing, its not worth spending the money if everything is closed.

I feel like when we can start to feel at ease being around our closest friends without fear or unease will make the biggest change for us. We never ate out that much to begin with, so its not much of a change other then now we have no choice.

I would be ok if they would relax the RV part stays to allow us to get out. Though Melissa said, if we can't do much more then sit at the camper and do nothing, its not worth spending the money if everything is closed.

I feel like when we can start to feel at ease being around our closest friends without fear or unease will make the biggest change for us. We never ate out that much to begin with, so its not much of a change other then now we have no choice.
I feel the same. We had reservations for a stay in Destin FL, second week in May. Pretty sure the park will be open, but the fun of going to someplace while the surrounding tourist crap is closed would be negligible. Restaurants, shopping for beach and Destin related junk that you don't need but have to have. There's supposed to be a pool at the hotel across the street with a grotto and a swim up bar. We really don't drink, but that would be kind of fun. I can leave the bus in my garage for free and have the same activities, although it does need to be driven, so there's that...

Our plan was luray caverns which is still closed. The bounce pillow and play area for the kids would likely be closed, so it would be just staying in the RV somewhere other then home. So I would likely delay rather then spend money on that.

I haven't been to Luray Caverns since I was a kid. Guess it hasn't changed that much. We used to go up to Skyline Drive and stay at either Skyland or Big Meadows in the fall. We did the caverns a couple of times many years ago.

I was hoping maybe Memorial Day to use the new trailer for first time, but seems likely that (up this way) will be same... sites open, but anything else at CG's closed. So, not MUCH point of spending $250-$300 for that (although there is supporting the business....

Oh yeah... just announced for CT today... except for use by front line heroes (the doctors, nurses, etc) who are staying to avoid going home or for seasonal campers who had leases in place before the initial March 20th order, CG's will remain closed until AT LEAST May 20th (in line with the state's stay home order).

Starting to sound like any considering of starting re-opening in CT will be at least June, so I would guess anything other than the aforementioned seasonal and front line responder use of campgrounds will be our until then....

Week 2 of stay at home we had plumbing issues. I couldn’t find a place to put my camper around me if we needed it. Which, thankfully, we didn’t. Just had to really limit water use for 3 days.

I’d like together the kids out at some point, but taking a 5 and 7 y/o to a campground and telling them they can’t use the playground or pool sounds legitimately miserable.

A second grader should not be doing typing yet as they are still really learning how to WRITE. Drop that one right now for the love of your sanity LOL. plus logically, the schools can't enforce any of this except maybe touching base with parents during the week. Research has shown that waiting to do "official" grammar lessons and the like until after age 10 is more efficient anyway.
I think teachers just did what they could and sent home all they had!

Austin is about to go "stay Home" along with Dallas and Waco. Our camping to Buecher was cancelled, so we moved it to Guadalupe River SP- I hope they stay open as both Bastrop parks are closed now.

I can't figure out the TP thing either, Costco has plenty, we are in Buda so if you run out, let me know, I am only 30 minutes from ya!

Th
Lol, the typing was replaced by poetry. When they asked the kido to write in stanzas i had it. A few nice, not sarcastic, emails from me and last week they halved the work.

Our 2nd half of summer camp cancelled. We were able to get DD2 into a different camp for the second half.

Louisiana Has returned to case levels not seen since early April. I’m not optimistic about school starting normally at this point.

New Orleans itself is still managing ok, but the mayor was more cautious with reopening than the rest of the state. And given the lack of regard for masks and distancing and such...expect cases to start climbing here again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!