What is closed in your community....?

State and Federal laws make that difficult here as much of the schools funding is tied to Educational Equity. Meaning everyone should have the same access to opportunity. Like you said with MS, large areas lacking broadband, poorer students and learning disabled pretty much means this was the only route to go. I don't think distance learning is possible under the way the laws are built today.

A second grader should not be doing typing yet as they are still really learning how to WRITE. Drop that one right now for the love of your sanity LOL. plus logically, the schools can't enforce any of this except maybe touching base with parents during the week. Research has shown that waiting to do "official" grammar lessons and the like until after age 10 is more efficient anyway.
I think teachers just did what they could and sent home all they had!
Thanks for that i needed the reassurance, after day 3 of the 7 hour lessons, ive had it. We went outsode and played basketball. After i spent 1.5 hours trying to figure out and load the typing class for a 2nd grader, i gave up. This was for her technology class. I opened the mail , there was the census form, so we did that on line , typing and learned something semi useful. I told the teacher we filled out the census instead. Let them fire me! The stuff they put together is not good, or fun. In fact i hired,( and this is good) a teacher from our school district to babysit and do the work with my 2nd grader while i was at work. The teacher basicly said, way too much work for someone that age and they watched a movie in the afternoon. Next week will not entail the stuff that was sent home. Maybe a walk on the beach or something atually educational.

Bastrop area all fast food restaurants are drive thru's. A lot of sit in restaurants are closed. HEB has very little on their shelves unless you get to the store at 6AM. I can't understand this thing with everyone buying up toilet paper?? So far, Texas has not shut down all the way. Just waiting for the Governor to say stay home or get fined. So sad, but in time things will be better.
Austin is about to go "stay Home" along with Dallas and Waco. Our camping to Buecher was cancelled, so we moved it to Guadalupe River SP- I hope they stay open as both Bastrop parks are closed now.

I can't figure out the TP thing either, Costco has plenty, we are in Buda so if you run out, let me know, I am only 30 minutes from ya!

Th

As of 5 p.m. tonight Vermont is shut down except for essential personnel until April 15. Does this mean I cannot work, no. After phones calls being made back and forth to I can only assume the governors office, we where told we can still work, I am not sure to what extent. But we where also given the option to take lay-off if we wanted it, and if we didn’t feel good to stay home.

I know. Alcohol has been a tried and true illness fighter for generations and they are taking it away from us!

There is an adult beverage store literally around the corner from where I live (HEY, I live in a college town, okay? :mad:). It is still open this week (in my state).

Tiggerdad has walked past it on occasion and cast his eyes over there once or twice. (It's between my house and the football stadium). "What's that?" he says. ("Oh sure", I says :rolleyes: ). We were en famille.

If they have some peanut butter flavored w*****y, I may have to step over there tomorrow some time. This working from home stuff (while DW and college age-DD are also at home) is starting to affect me. :crazy:

Bama Ed

PS :drinking1just sip it, Ed, pour some over an ice cube - no gulping. Make it last (for 10 minutes)......

Last edited:

Guess what is NOT closed? Dog rescues!!!:)

Years and years and years ago, we adopted a retired, racing greyhound. I loved that girl with every inch of my soul, and when she died, I just didn't feel up to another dog.

Well, the other day, we received a notice that the agency needed homes to foster dogs (with the ability to then adopted if you wish). Guess who spent all day on Amazon yesterday (I forgot how much a dog can cost), ordering dog supplies.

Gues who is going to pick up a dog today?

Wish us luck.

So, just something to have a smile over in all this.

I can tell folks are following my idea as well and taking this social isolation opportunity to catch up on fishing. Tonight I treated 4 patients in the ED for fishing related injuries. Two with hooks in the finger, One with laceration after slipping on mud on the bank, and another one with a broke off fish fin stuck in his leg.

At least they are following the suggestions.

Unfortunately, I also admitted two folks that I strongly feel will be Covid 19 positive. Have to wait on results. Our positive results began coming back on yesterday so we can officially say it has arrived to our part of the country.

So, just something to have a smile over in all this.

I can tell folks are following my idea as well and taking this social isolation opportunity to catch up on fishing. Tonight I treated 4 patients in the ED for fishing related injuries. Two with hooks in the finger, One with laceration after slipping on mud on the bank, and another one with a broke off fish fin stuck in his leg.

At least they are following the suggestions.

Unfortunately, I also admitted two folks that I strongly feel will be Covid 19 positive. Have to wait on results. Our positive results began coming back on yesterday so we can officially say it has arrived to our part of the country.
Got to ask. How do you get a fin stuck in your leg?

It was a kid. Apparently he had caught a large bass and was trying to hold it up by the fishing line and you know how bass like to jump and shake. When it did it slammed into his leg.

Very hard to find. Fin is almost transparent when it breaks off.

Worst one is catfish. Seen lots of those.

My niece (8) has been staying with us since last week. Her mom, my sister, works in the hotel business dealing with the public all day. With schools closed she didn't have anyone to watch DN. My sister wanted to come back and forth everyday to pick her up and drop her off. I said we'd watch her, but my sister isn't coming back and forth everyday.

Today we got to Zoom conference with her whole class. The teacher asked what everyone was doing and several said they had been fishing. It had to be yesterday or today. The past week, until yesterday has been cold and rainy.

j

Onesie (2).JPG

Here's Onesie.
Day two of our dog fostering, which will undoubtedly lead to an adoption. We haven't had a dog in ages, and I totally forgot the logistics of dog ownership. My house has never been messier, or my bank account so quickly drained.

Our rv is at the dealership right now (the dealership's garage is allowed to be opened). Once we get it back, we plan to take a drive with Onesie, to see how she does rliding in an rv.

View attachment 483790

Here's Onesie.
Day two of our dog fostering, which will undoubtedly lead to an adoption. We haven't had a dog in ages, and I totally forgot the logistics of dog ownership. My house has never been messier, or my bank account so quickly drained.

Our rv is at the dealership right now (the dealership's garage is allowed to be opened). Once we get it back, we plan to take a drive with Onesie, to see how she does rliding in an rv.

We love our rescue lab! Looks like perhaps a retired greyhound? Good luck!

Well it happened. Got laid off at the end of the day today. Have a call back date of June 1. Not much to do with everything closed. Still plan on going out and driving around on the weekends though.

But at least Lil Medic cheered me up when I got home.

View attachment 483824

Ugh, Vince I'm horribly sorry to hear this. I'm afraid this is going to be a widening trend as long as we have to keep things closed down. Hopefully this will resolve sooner rather than later.

This is the Vt. National Guard setting up at UVM, University Medical Center in Burlington Vt. The last pic is at the Patrick gymnasium. Pics where taken Friday and today.615CCBF1-C4CD-448A-B10A-CD07D5FC76B6.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter