What is something that you are dreading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking about walking a mile in another shoes, just for one minute imagine the horror the other side is living. Innocent children in detention camps without their parents. Monsters.

It is terrible that their parents didn't think things through thoroughly before putting their children in this terrible situation. I hope others will think about the repercussions of their actions and how it can/will affect their children when planning their next step in life. it reminds me way too much of why we have our great-nephew, because it ultimately comes down to the same thing no matter what the details are....bad decisions made by two parents who didn't think the rules apply to them.

It is terrible that their parents didn't think things through thoroughly before putting their children in this terrible situation. I hope others will think about the repercussions of their actions and how it can/will affect their children when planning their next step in life. it reminds me way too much of why we have our nephew....bad decisions made by two parents who didn't think the rules apply to them.

Incarcerating innocent children for the so called "sins" of the parents? Sick and inhumane. Have you read how these children are being treated? Evil monsters.

I just set my retirement date for later this summer. I've gone back and forth on dates for the last 6 months and changed it 4 times already. No pension so kept thinking one more paycheck is good before relying on my 401k. Luckily I'm grandfathered into retiree health at work since I have several years to go before Medicare. Then I read something that said you can always make more money but you can never get back time. That made me decide on a date and plan for life in retirement. Good luck on your decision.

you sound a lot like me, I to will get health care cause like you Im way to young to Medicare, but I also will get a decent pay check, its just I really have fun at work (most the time) and just love all the personality's, but what its coming down to for me is the alarm clock , I just cant stand that thing anymore

Driving 6 hours back to hometown tomorrow to spend a month helping my mom recover from double knee replacement.

Incarcerating innocent children for the so called "sins" of the parents? Sick and inhumane. Have you read how these children are being treated? Evil monsters.

And to think...it could have all been avoided. So sad.

And yes, situation aside, I feel horrible for the kids. I cannot imagine how scared and traumatized they are right now :(

you sound a lot like me, I to will get health care cause like you Im way to young to Medicare, but I also will get a decent pay check, its just I really have fun at work (most the time) and just love all the personality's, but what its coming down to for me is the alarm clock , I just cant stand that thing anymore

You might be right. I actually love my job and enjoy most of the people I work with. My DH has been retired for many years due to a work injury and we're use to the reverse roles. In my case, my alarm goes off at 5:30am but I'm usually up before then even on the weekends so that's not my problem. The driving force for me is my commute. It was doable at 90 minutes train on one train each way when my office was still in Manhattan but my company moved to Jersey City a year ago and my commute is now 2 1/2 hours each way on 3 trains and walking between connections. We're only allowed one work at home day. If they would up that to three I would stay for another year or two but they don't want to set a precedent even though they now realize they can't easily replace me. Current plans are for them to hire two people plus have a five person requirements committee to handle the system enhancement work I did by myself. My boss also hinted about keeping me on retainer. I'm just looking forward to getting that 5 hours a day that I lose to commuting back so I can enjoy life more.

You mean the US Mexican border? If so it's awful I agree. If a person doesn't want detained don't invade the US, or don't get caught. If the people wouldn't invade. They would not have to go through what they are. But they do get room board and medical care for free. Not bad.

It is terrible that their parents didn't think things through thoroughly before putting their children in this terrible situation. I hope others will think about the repercussions of their actions and how it can/will affect their children when planning their next step in life. it reminds me way too much of why we have our great-nephew, because it ultimately comes down to the same thing no matter what the details are....bad decisions made by two parents who didn't think the rules apply to them.

Do you really think it is that simple? Perhaps this toon can help you grasp the desperation of these parents:

DfrQ7GaW0AAZNxM.jpg

Be thankful you were lucky enough to be born on the north side of the border. Maybe do some self educating on the desperate situation these people are in. Evil monsters incarcerating innocent children a situation which has been widely condemned all over the world as a major human rights violation. So sad is right.
The majority of these people are not coming "across the border". They are travelling from other countries, all the way through Mexico, and then into the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter