What is the best resort for familys

The 1st question would be how old is he? With a 17 and 8 year old to plan for in my case pools are a big issue. We normally stay moderate (FQ) but for the animals we are doing AKL and depending on the age of your son that could be a factor.

Truthfully, there is no such thing as the best resort. You might want to think about which park you will spend the most time in, and stay nearby.

If you want to spend a lot of time at resort Old Key West has a great pool and lots of activities.
We stayed there with a 5 yo and a 2 yo, because we couldn't decide where to stay and DH finally said "Well, OKW is MY favorite, so let's stay there." Turns out the kids loved it.

What is your budget? What interests does your little boy have? How much time will you be spending at the resort vs parks? Does he swim, or enjoy kids splash zones?

have a little boy. What’s the best resort
I recommend Animal Kingdom Lodge for a little boy. If you book a standard room and call Disney to request the Kudu Trail, you might get an animal view. There are two feature pools that all guests get to swim in: one at Jambo House and one at Kidani Village. The Kidani Village pool has a kids' splash area with mini-waterfall. AKL's quick service restaurant, the Mara, is nice, too.

Most of the resorts are pretty gender neutral, so I agree with a PP and decide which park(s) you want to go to most.
if
The values are fun with the giant icons throughout the resort (AoA and ASMO have plenty of Disney characters ) so if your son is young, those are always fun. AoA is a bit more interactive themed of all of them I think and they have Nemo, Lion King and Cars suites.

The mods are more to your taste for the most part - Caribbean themed, Old South Themed, Old Mexico themed. CB does have Pirate rooms in the Trinidad South building if I remember correctly. ( Disclaimer - CB is currently under construction so if that resort interests you make sure you read up on what is going on there to avoid disappointment. )

Deluxe again is more to what is your taste or location. MK resorts are Poly, CR, and GF and WL - EP are YC, BC, BWI - AK is AKL. ( I'm sure I'm missing one or two in there ). All are great locations and themes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!