What is the best tent for family of 6?

dutton

Mouseketeer
I am seriously considering taking my family camping at WDW. We have a 4 person tent from about 5 years ago and need to upgrade. Do you have any suggestions? I have 8,6,3 yr old boys and 18 mo. old daughter. What other equipment is essential? Where do you get the pads that you put under the tent?Thanks alot!

we have a family of 5, 3 children ages 9.7 and 5. We have a coleman 3 room tent. The center
room is where the door is. That is where I keep the suitcases and things like that. Then the
room on the left is where my husband and I sleep on a queensize air mattress. The room on
the right is for the 3 kids. In your case, you might have to put the youngest child with you on
the other side. It works really well. The kids don't have an air mattress. They sleep on a couple of blankets. The tent is very easy to set up and take down. I did it myself this past weekend with no help from my husband!! Have fun.

When we tent camped we had a 11x14 tent. There are 4 of us. Whatever you get make sure it's big enough. Then you can keep all your stuff in it and still have room to move. I would much rather have too big, than too small.

We also have the coleman. Not sure of the size we got it at Walmart, It is a weather Master two room tent 15x7 sleeps 6. product number 9332157
It is a wonderful tent. It can hold 3 queen size blow up mattesses. We had a mattress on both ends, Also coleman (they seem to be the best we had another brand and could never get it blown up enough) then in the middle we had small mats for the little kiddies to sleep.
This tent is the nices we have had. It is fairly water tight has four big windows plus a big door with a screen. Also has a "porch" type roof over the front door which helped to keep rain out of the door. Our past 2 camping trips this summer we were in huge down pours with flooding around us and stay pretty dry!

I have many years experience with tents and the best tent I found for durability and value is the Hilary type from Sears. They last for years and have a great warranty. You will not be disappointed with any choice from Hilary.

I have a 16x10 3 room Eddie Bauer tent, we can sleep our family of 5 (2 adults, 9,7,18 months) with plenty of room, we use a full size air mattress for the boys, a queen size for us and the baby in the pack and play, we still have room. We are looking forward to camping in Ft Wilderness in October for the first time. We usually stay in the cabins there, so this is a new experience for us. Our "trial run" went ok last weekend, and we have another later this month to prepare us for Florida. The tent was not that hard to setup for first timers. We enjoyed it. We used a tarp from Walmart to put under the tent to protect it and it worked great, it had rained at the campsite the night before, but the tarp kept the damp ground from reaching the tent.

Mike :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter