What is the longest you have ever waited in line for a ride?

45 minutes is about our limit, but at that, I try hard NOT to get in lines that are 45 minutes long. For the most part, we effectively use the first two hours in the parks, and FP+ to avoid any of the really long waits.

We waited 90 minutes for Flight of Passage last month. I'd only done it because I don't know when we'll back back to WDW and Pandora. We have no trips planned in the next few years.

20 minutes is usually my limit, as I know I'll be back and can do it another time. But when I had my Brother and his family for their once-in-a-lifetime trip we got in line for ToT with a 60 minute posted wait, because I couldn't figure out when we would fit it in if we didn't do it then. My SIL and Nephew bailed after about 30 minutes, because Neph started to freak himself out thinking about what was to come. Brother loved it so much he told them we had to do it again so they could ride, so we rearranged things later in the day.... and practically walked on with around a 10 minute wait. They loved it as well.

Almost three hours for FOP in September. We had FP+ and rode it several times on different days with that, but we wanted to see the standby queue. Got in line when it said 75 minutes -- ride started having technical difficulties and it turned into the wait from... Second-longest was two hours for Toy Story Mania on Thanksgiving several years ago when it was new.

It wasnt a ride but we "waited" 3 hours to meet Anna and Elsa in January of 2014.

Oh man, we were there January that year! This was at Epcot right? One of our days there it was HOT, and the line up seemed to stretch forever, was listed as 3 plus hours. Instead we took our girls into the gift shop and there was a little open air window through to the meeting area. We let them stand there for 1 minute and that was good enough for them thankfully!

Spring Break 14 we waited a little over 2 hours to ride Anna and Elsa at the MK princess meet and greet.

Oh man, we were there January that year! This was at Epcot right? One of our days there it was HOT, and the line up seemed to stretch forever, was listed as 3 plus hours. Instead we took our girls into the gift shop and there was a little open air window through to the meeting area. We let them stand there for 1 minute and that was good enough for them thankfully!
Yep...this is when they were meeting in Epcot.

It actually wasn't that bad. We were spectating for the marathon and waiting for a few friends of our to pass us heading to the finish line so it helped the time pass by. My daughter only waited about 20 minutes with us. We were staying at the boardwalk so I called my mother in law when we got close to the front of the line and she walked her over. We would take turns with people in line where someone would go buy like 8 cocktails and a couple snacks and bring it back to share, then it was somebody elses turn. After a few rounds of drinks things really started to ease up.

We are now all spoiled. When i was a kid, going to theme parks was practically about waiting in lines. Waiting for 60+ minutes for headliner attractions was something we would brag about the longest waits like war stories the next day at school. But we didn't care because we were with our friends and in many cases free to roam without our parents. (I don't even think I'm that old, but I sound like it!)

People aren't as patient today as they used to be. I certainly am not. I did wait 95 minutes for Flight of Passage (posted wait time was 120 minutes). I thought the queue was awesome and entertaining. It was definitely a nicer wait than the 30 minutes for Na'vi River Journey (which has a comparatively boring queue that makes the time go by so slowly).

About an hour for the Jungle Cruise, but not on purpose. The wait time was posted at 30 minutes. But it was one of those days where there seemed to be a ton of Fast Pass guests, so the standby line moved very slowly. As in we stood in place for good chunks of time.

4 hours in the late 90s for Test Track...this was during Spring Break and TT was newly opened. We were so disappointed compared to how long we waited. Luckily we had like eight days in the parks when they were open till midnight so it wasn’t as big a chunk of vacation time as it would be now that I can’t take such long trips.

I actually never rode again until this November when I booked fast passes as my husband expressed interest in the ride. I enjoyed this version of the ride much more, but I will never wait four hours for a ride again.

I waited 2.5 hours for Splash at DL about 25 years ago. This was before FP. Now we never wait more than 30 minutes for a ride.

That's easy. This past trip we waited 3 hours in a line that said 90 minutes wait time, for Navi River Journey, which lasted less than 10 mins. Never again.

Opening month at Cedar Point to ride Millennium Force. 2 hours due to rain delays.

The longest line for me was Mean Streak at Cedar Point a few weeks after it opened in 1991. About 2h15m. We made the mistake of riding something else first (Gemini ?) instead of heading right to it. After riding the estimated wait time was 4 hours!!

For Disney about 90 minutes for Space Mountain in the pre-FP era.

March 4, 1995; At Disneyland, Indiana Jones Adventure - 7 hours, 28 minutes.
May 24, 1977; At Disneyland, Space Mountain - 4 hours 45 minutes
Nov 5, 1980; At Disneyland, Big Thunder Mountain - 4 hours 22 minutes

Probably 60 minutes, though there was one time I might have been in line for Splash Mtn longer than that because of a lightning delay. DS and I eventually gave up on that one. There are few rides that I would wait more than 45 minutes for.

About 90 minutes for Soarin' way back in the day when it was new. That queue puts me on edge, I can't stand the starkness and claustrophobic feel of it. Eventually, I had an anxiety attack and passed out cold. They gave me free fastpasses to come back later.

March 4, 1995; At Disneyland, Indiana Jones Adventure - 7 hours, 28 minutes.
May 24, 1977; At Disneyland, Space Mountain - 4 hours 45 minutes
Nov 5, 1980; At Disneyland, Big Thunder Mountain - 4 hours 22 minutes
You have a fantastic memory!! I could never remember details like this! Therefore I can’t even guess the longest line I’ve waited in, probably an hour. Generally we only get into lines with a posted wait time of under 30 minutes and use fast pass for the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter