What is the most expensive house currently on sale within 5 miles of yourself?

Ran into a friend who is a Realtor and asked her. She didn't know specifically but said homes selling for $4 million or more are rarely ever listed on the MLS so you never know they were ever for sale until they are sold and it becomes public record. Those houses usually are sold by Realtor who has a list of potential buyers on hand, so no need to advertise them in public as being for sale.

I've heard that as well, so I decided to check out HAR.com (Houston Association of Realtors) and dig into the really swanky areas. If you pan out, you can search all over TX, but within the Houston area, I can see a chunk of River Oaks area listings, including one for $27.5M (several others in the $4-10M range around it). Still, I know I've seen homes for sale around me that never show up on HAR. While it may vary by state, I see that realtors here are required to register all listings with MLS if they're NAR (National Assoc. of Realtors) members. If they're not NAR members and aren't tied to a parent firm that is an MLS member, they aren't required to put listings on MLS. Not sure if this varies by state, but it's still interesting that some things show while others don't.

Two and a half million. Every time I think about moving I look at prices and am happy to stay put. No. Way.

In my little town it’s $899,999 but I’m sure there are several million+ homes within 5 miles of my house.
I know what county you live in and have to say I am shocked there's any town in your county that doesn't have at least one 1m+ house for sale. :rotfl2:

$54,000,000
It's 24,000+ sq ft on 4+ acres, with a 14,000+ sq ft garage.
It's a bit more than 5 miles away, but not much.
Way more house, lot, garage than I would want... which is a good thing since barring a huge lotto win (and I don't play, so that's not happening) there's no way I could afford it. LOL
I have worked on some big houses, they love big garages and big closets

Funny I was just looking at listings around my area last weekend.
$3 mil. 4 bedroom 6 bathrooms 7600 sq ft...way too many frickin bathrooms to clean! 😂 No thank you...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter