What is the worst injury you have ever had?

Swimming with piranhas again????
:blush: Riding one of these under-water motor scooters in Cozumel, and the fish actually looked quite a bit like this: :fish:
Mini-Sub-Underwater-Scooter_1417046369__u0Kh_4266.jpg

I partially dislocated my hip when I was 17 and have had a multitude of issues with it since. I've had two surgeries on it, underwent numerous injections and years of physical therapy. Now 12 years later, I currently have another labral tear, nerve damage, arthritis, bursitis, and still can't step up on stairs with that hip.

Fell and broke my glasses on a rock. Glasses broke across the bridge, so I got a really good gash across my nose, and two really "pretty" black eyes for a couple of weeks.

When I was young, I got a needle broken off in my foot (we had a really long wooden hallway that was a lot of fun to slide down in stocking feet). Didn't know the needle was in there, only that I couldn't move my little toe on that foot. Parents thought it was a cramp. Waited a couple of days, and then went to doctor for x-ray. It had lodged right up against the bone in my foot, so they had to do surgery to remove it. I was out of school for a week, and then on crutches for another week.

Broken Elbow in the 4th grade. We were climbing the dig tree in the yard and was almost down when I slipped and fell landing backward on my elbow joint. Broke the joint and bone popped out of skin. Only remember a small part of the ride to ER. Surgery and in traction for 3 weeks flat on my back and another surgery to take traction pin out. Awful getting back to vertical once horizontal that long. Dizzy and puking and then the “fun” of physical therapy

Broke my patella and tore the patella tendon in a fall in high school was pretty rough. But I had grease pop and hit me in the eye at work one night and I’d have to say that’s the only thing that’s ever dropped me.

Got a large puncture wound on back of left thigh from jumping over rusty fence at my grandma’s house as a teen. Ripped a foot long gash into my thigh. The worst part was going to the beach for the week with my aunt and uncle and cousins. Could not go into the ocean and had to sit on the beach all day with grandma while my sister who also went rubbed it in my face.

Line drive softball to face crushed my nose and broken cheek bone

Let's see... I've broken both arms (ice skating, 2 consecutive winters- decided it was a message to give up ice skates), broke my little toe, and broke my left pinky finger in 7 places through the joint. Still have trouble with the pinky! I ruptured a disc in my back in grad school while using a weight machine; that flares up sometimes and can be extremely painful and debilitating. I guess the worst was when I had DD; the front of my pelvis separated almost 2". That was excruciating for about a month, and then a long, slow, painful hobble for about 3 more months. Sometimes, when I do the "wrong" thing (nudge the laundry basket with my foot, for example), I can still feel a residual pain... and it's been almost 25 years (on Sunday)!

Broken collarbone in college playing flag football. Saved a touchdown on the play in a playoff game, though. My team later went on to win (without me). Hurt like heck but I didn't get it looked at until 2-3 days later.

Wasn't me, but I remember a HS classmate who I heard survived a ski impaling his head.

No broken bones yet. Playing touch football in 3rd grade someone ended up with their teeth in my forehead and I needed a few stitches.

I've never broken a bone. The most potentially serious injury would probably be my herniated disc, but in the grand scheme of things it[s pretty minor and under control. When it first happened though there was a lot of pain, and nothing specific even caused it. It just happened one day!

For an actual accidental injury, poking out my own eardrum with a q-tip probably counts. It required surgery. There was very little pain, but it sure was an experience! Also, PSA, don't put q-tips in your ears.

When I was 9 months pregnant, I turned around really fast and broke my foot in seven places. I actually heard them all snap. I sprained it very badly also. Being 9 months pregnant added to the trauma of it all.

13 years later, my feet still sort of hurt.

A girl kicked me in the knee during an indoor soccer game - torn acl, partial tear of mcl and meniscus damage. That was 22 years ago and I still have pain and other issues with my knee.

About 3 years ago I slammed my pointer and middle finger in a garage door, they went in between 2 panels as the garage door closed, so excruciatingly painful. My neighbor heard me scream and had to help get my fingers out. They were both broken and turned a horrifying black and purple color, then the nails fell off. Took a year to look normal again.

The broken shoulder was no picnic either, but in terms of shear pain, I think the fingers win.

Burns that required skin grafts on my chest and shoulders. As a toddler I pulled a mug of hot coffee off the table onto myself.

I used to get into a lot of street and bar fights (I'm not proud of it either) so I've had numerous broken fingers, my jaw 3 times, my nose a few times, and various other dumb injuries.

I was in a car accident that broke 3 ribs, a slight fracture of my skull with a really nice concussion to go with it. I also needed 6 stitches in my forehead where my face met the glass.

But my over all worse was a break-in I had. I was beaten with a beer bottle by two guys. The bottle was broken over my head and I was stabbed in both arms and a few times in my back. I had a knife and without going into details, one of them left in way worse shape than me.
Overall I needed:
-74 stitches to my wrists, fore arms, and back which I have lovely scars from
-I fractured my orbital (eye socket).
-broken jaw
-3 fingers on my right hand and 2 on my left
-3 cracked ribs
-broken nose
-a slipped lower disc from being kicked right in my spine
-a pretty severe concussion
-and enough bruises to make me look like an egg plant

Broke my left collarbone in 1972. Broke my right collarbone in 2018. The left one was way worse.

Fell in the doctor’s office going in for a nerve test on my legs (because of the fall that caused right collarbone break). Split my kip and had to have 7 stitches. No problem convincing my doctors that I had an issue with my legs not working.

I used to get into a lot of street and bar fights (I'm not proud of it either) so I've had numerous broken fingers, my jaw 3 times, my nose a few times, and various other dumb injuries.

I was in a car accident that broke 3 ribs, a slight fracture of my skull with a really nice concussion to go with it. I also needed 6 stitches in my forehead where my face met the glass.

But my over all worse was a break-in I had. I was beaten with a beer bottle by two guys. The bottle was broken over my head and I was stabbed in both arms and a few times in my back. I had a knife and without going into details, one of them left in way worse shape than me.
Overall I needed:
-74 stitches to my wrists, fore arms, and back which I have lovely scars from
-I fractured my orbital (eye socket).
-broken jaw
-3 fingers on my right hand and 2 on my left
-3 cracked ribs
-broken nose
-a slipped lower disc from being kicked right in my spine
-a pretty severe concussion
-and enough bruises to make me look like an egg plant

I'm calling it now...you "win". :crutches:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!