What is your absolute most favorite moment of being on a Disney ship?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
Mine is the magical horn, signaling the sail away from the port. I know the newer ships have more sounds, but the "simple" When You Wish Upon a Star on the Magic and Wonder just makes me giddy like a child. That moment, right there, and how I feel when I hear it is why I pay what I pay to cruise Disney. It is AWESOME.

When they announce our family name and they all clap. I always feel so welcomed and like a VIP. No other cruiseline does that.

This! Even as an adult I get choked up. In 2017 when I took my parents on the Magic, I was crying so hard Darrell (one of the activities staff) came over and was all "Oh, it's ok!!" and gave me a hug. I had to assure him it was happy tears. :)

Mine is the magical horn, signaling the sail away from the port. I know the newer ships have more sounds, but the "simple" When You Wish Upon a Star on the Magic and Wonder just makes me giddy like a child. That moment, right there, and how I feel when I hear it is why I pay what I pay to cruise Disney. It is AWESOME.

I have this as my ringtone on my phone.

It is hard to pick just one thing. For me, I don't truly relax until we sit down for dinner that first night. The first afternoon feels so hectic with checking in, eating lunch, touring the kids' clubs, muster drill, sail away party, etc. But once we sit down for that first dinner, things seem to slow down and I can finally say "Ahhhhhhh".

I have two favorite moments on embarkation day that mark the beginning of the cruise for me. The first is when I first see the ship as we are driving into the port. The second is when I sit down in Cabanas just after boarding with a big plate of jumbo shrimp.

Last edited:
Mine is hearing the horn too! I had it as a ringtone on my cellphone and it drove my kids nuts! I couldn't understand it!
I love the ringtone. People ask "what's that" and I say "The Mouse sent me an e-mail".
My favorite moment is waking up the next morning (after the excitement of embarkation day) going on the veranda, in my PJs, listening to the water splashing as the ship powers ahead and smelling the salt air. There's nothing like that here in New Mexico.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts