What is your absolute most favorite moment of being on a Disney ship?

Great question
I love seeing the ship as we drive up
Sail away party is very cool
But I think it is just after we book our next cruise at the future cruise desk that produces the most fun

Lunch up-top outside on the deck after checking in, while still parked at port. Looking at the city/area we are about to leave. With food I can not get at home.

Getting ready for dinner a little early so I can go to deck 4 to enjoy the musical act in the atrium and witness all the commotion. One of the many times on the cruise when I'm able to take it all in.

I think my favourite moment is our first dinner at MDR. I feel like this is when the cruise begins. We're all excited about what to do and the kids are making plans to go to their respective clubs. My husband and I vowing to relax....the hectic part of getting there, boarding, unpacking, and muster drill are behind us and we're ready to enjoy the cruise.

I know you didn't ask, but my least favourite moment is the morning of debarkation. It was especially sad this time because we had to say goodbye to our favourite server since we won't see her for over a year...she's in the Magic and both our cruises next year are not.

Awesome post.

Where do you get the announcement ringtones at?

My favorite is seeing Castaway Cay from my balcony when I wake up. Smelling the air, the sea, just awesome.

Joe

My favorite moments might be classed as unexpected or perhaps "pixie dust." Once Captain Hook came up behind my wife and tapped (hooked) her on the shoulder...she jumped a foot off the floor when she saw him, then laughed like crazy. On our verandah, waiting for push off from Juneau's port, a hummingbird (or Tinkerbell) flew just above the 7th deck railing, paused to look us over, then flew off...to what, we were a long way from any flowers (perhaps the drink of the day). On our WBTA there were so few babies for the Jack-Jack Diaper Dash that a dad had to step in for the finals (he lost gracefully) and the entire atrium howled with laughter. A crew/cast member who helped with the safety drill on one cruise gave the two of us a neat visual tour of an open lifeboat. Later we saw him several times in the hallways and, surprisingly, in "Tangled" one night as the Thug with the hook (I have a dream) playing the piano.

Embarkation! Once we're on board, I know that the vast majority of my worries are going to be taken care of by others for the duration of the cruise. I get to relax and look forward to the activities on and off the ship.

The first meal (lunch) on-board - we choose the nominated MDR as opposed to the buffet - seals the deal. Being waited on is a major treat for us! And ... I'm usually giddy at the thought of being able to order multiple desserts.

...when I snuggle into bed the first night and I don't set my alarm or lie in bed going through a mental checklist of to-dos for the next day. The reduced stress and rocking of the ship make for a great night's sleep!

Sitting in promenade lounge with a Citron martini or at O'gills with a cold brew and chicken wings. Least favorite moment is when my teen wakes me up at 1am. I also really enjoy my runs on deck 4, but I'm weird...most runners are.

wish I could like this more than once!

At night, with my wife (as the kids 16 / 14 are enjoying their respective clubs), siting on the veranda, enjoying the quiet, looking out into the dark nothingness of the ocean's horizon, and realizing just how small we are in the grand scheme of things.

PS - this is a great and creative thread - thank you to OP.
PPS - there are just SOOO many favorites, it's hard to pick - which makes this such a great thread.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts