What is your favorite footwear for Disney?

For years I refused to wear anything but sneakers in the parks. I knew they would give my feet the necessary support for that much walking. Of course for years I refused to wear sandals. I HATE the thing that goes between your toes and I REALLY HATE not having something to hold them on the back of your feet. Then I discovered Keen's. They are sandals, but they eliminate ALL the objections I always had about sandals. I still wore sneakers to the parks, but I had my Keens with me. I wore the Keens to dinner one night and forgot to change before going back to the park. To my pleasant surprise, they worked great. I still take sneakers with me, but I now usually wear my Keens.

Skechers GOWalk with Goga Max insoles. It's not unusual to walk 5-10 miles a day, and I have plantar fasciitis as well as heel spurs and these are what get me through. Also, I recommend wearing actual shoes with support, not sandals, but it depends on if you've got good feet or not. Also, some of the GoWalk shoes are made of mesh, so they keep your feet cool. Be sure to check them out.
Thanks for the recommendation. I am a running shoe person myself, and hadn't bought a pair of walking shoes in years. Usually I just wear my running shoes to the park (Brooks Adrenaline GTS 17s), but I was looking for something else to alternate with. I found a pair of the GoWalk4s on Amazon for less than 40 dollars and figured I'd give them a try (I also found them on several lists of the best walking shoes after reading your recommendation). I've only used them to walk 3-4 miles each day the first few days while I'm breaking them in, but they are so lightweight and very comfortable. I have suffered from plantar fasciitis in my past too (just got the go ahead a month ago to start running again from my podiatrist), so I was grateful to hear how these worked for you. I know a few miles at home isn't the same as a 10 miler day at Disney World, but I am VERY happy with the purchase so far. My ONLY complaint is the laces are kinda lousy in comparison to my running shoes and don't stay tied. I haven't had to retie my Brooks' in weeks, these need tying every 2 miles or so. Once again thanks!

For me, probably Nike or Adidas sneakers, but I also love the Sketchers Go Walks. The Go Walks aren’t bad. My feet never feel hot in them, but then again, I’ve only worn them to Disneyland and Anaheim doesn’t have the humidity. I’ve also worn Nike flip flops with the memory foam and they are very comfy, if you are open to wearing flip flops.

I just bought Skechers that are supposed to be cool and comfortable, in a color that will go with pretty much anything I'd wear. I'll be wearing them at work for a while before the next trip so I'll be able to make sure they're comfy. I found out on the last trip that my sandals are no good for a day of walking around the park after I lost some skin. :tilt:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=cobian+flip+flops+women&sprefix=cobian,aps,172&crid=16ZRQOUD3Q5XG

I read about these Cobian bounce flip flops on the boards a long time ago. They're SOOO comfy. Plenty of cushion and support so my feet are never tired or sore by the end of the day. I would try to wear them a little before the start of the trip because I've had some rubbing on the top between my toes but nothing crazy. I also recommended these to 2 friends afterward and they've loved them

What style do you wear?

I love ABEO sneakers and sandals for Disney. I started with PF about 2 years ago and found a similar thread on the DIS when I was planning our last trip.

Someone on the boards recommended going to the The Walking Company store and have a free foot scan to see what would work best. I made the 90 min trip and was so happy I did! It made a world of difference!

What style do you wear?

I've worn the braided bounce, and the bounce that doesn't have the braided strap (idk the name off the top of my head), and for my last trip I brought the slim sparkly bounce. The slim was probably my least favorite - the strap put pressure on my feet in weird areas.

I've worn the braided bounce, and the bounce that doesn't have the braided strap (idk the name off the top of my head), and for my last trip I brought the slim sparkly bounce. The slim was probably my least favorite - the strap put pressure on my feet in weird areas.

Great thanks so much! Just ordered a pair to be delivered to the resort..always looking for comfortable footwear @ Disney...

I usually wear Toms. Like, a good 99.9% of the time lol. They work well with shorts, pants, dresses/skirts, they're comfy, have arch support, and come in a variety of colours! The ONE downside is once they get wet they're gonna SMEEELLLLL. lol.

Bring a pair of sandals though! I ALWAYS forget and once I get back to the room if we have to go back to the lobby for something the LAST thing I want is to put closed toed shoes on lol

Just wanted to say thank you! I ordereded the cobians to the resort and they have been great! My feet haven't hurt at all..

Just wanted to say thank you! I ordereded the cobians to the resort and they have been great! My feet haven't hurt at all..
ok, I'm totally ordering a pair! Thanks for the recommendation! I HATE sneakers and socks. Especially in the FL heat.

I LOVE my Birks! But I also have a pair of strappy Disney Crocs that I love. Sometimes I will bring my Sketchers GoWalks too. I like to have options. I prefer sandals, but that is just my personal preference.

I love Fit Flop sandals. They come in many colors and styles. They are so cushy and have a nice arch support. I mix it up with wearing lightweight mesh type sneakers( not the all leather type).I need support. But, I can't wear sneakers every day.

Vionics ( non suede footbed)
Wear them all day/nite
Great support
Look pretty too!
Have a great trip!

Sparkly Fit-Flops. Feel like I’m bouncing my way round the parks. SO COMFY! I practically live in Fit-flops and Sketchers anyway, and I brought both but after one day in the park, I just stuck to the fit-flops.

Saw lots of people in regular flip-flops and don’t know how they did full days like that.

our trip is a month away and I'm really struggling what shoes to wear. Sneakers make the most logical sense to me but mine make my feet so hot! Would like to hear what works well for others?
I have learned over the years to wear tennis shoes and when my feet get too hot, but my flip flops on. Back to tennis shoes later if need be. My feet, legs and back feel better when I switch out during the day/night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter