What is your never-done-must-do for your next trip?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
What is something you’ve never done but look forward to trying on your next trip? (Other than Pixar Pier which is a give in)

I’ve been lucky enough to visit Disneyland about once a year for the last 5 or so years. We travel with our young toddlers these days so there’s a lot of Winnie the Pooh and naps built into our vacation. While I’m very happy to do those things, one of my favorite parts of planning the next trip is making a short list of things I haven’t done before and want to make a point to do on our next trip. Last time it was to go around rivers of America on the Mark Twain and a character meal at Plaza Inn. The canoes was on my list but I didn’t think it would be open in December. It turns out they were open and now it’s one of my favorite things in the park!

For our trip this September I would like to make it on the sailing ship Columbia, try a mint julip, and ride a main street vehicle.

What about you?

Oh golly. Hard to think of something I've never done that I want to do and that I can do. Mickey's Wheel of Death (don't think I will ever be able to call it Pal-Around) can swing on without me for all eternity, and Club33 is not something I every expect to have access to. I've never managed to make it over to Steakhouse 55 so maybe we will try it this trip. My DD 15 has emerged from several years of picky picky eating into a new phase as a steak-lover.

Splash Mountain. It was under refurbishment when DW and I were there. It is my favorite ride at WDW and I would have loved to try out DL's version to compare. There are also a few restaurants that we did not get to try and will have to next trip; Dinner at Steakhouse 55 (we did have breakfast, Delicious!), Dinner at Carthay Circle, Dinner at Cafe Orleans. Also, staying at The Grand Californian would have to be at the top of my DL bucket list.

On our last trip, I finally did the canoes. I wanted to experience them before SWL went in.
I have to say, I wish I had done them before because it's really a different experience form all the other attractions and you get to see things from a different perspective.
Riding on top of the Omni bus is much the same, which I also did for the first time last trip.

Seems like we all have something in common. We (the kids) want to do GRR and the canoes. We have gone in December the last couple of trips so GRR just was not something on our list. And the canoes were up last year but we did not have time & all the other times they were down. When we went in July 2016 GRR was packed obviously it was about 90 degrees.

This year we are going in December again the kids are 10, 15, 15,16, 17 so if they want to go on GRR so be it. Plus we are staying at DLH(which they have no idea of) so quick change of clothes.

I have never been to Tom Sawyer Island so that is on my list for October. Also never been during Halloween or been to the MHP so I am looking forward to just being there during a holiday season!

On my list are Steakhouse 55, Carthay Circle and the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. Unfortunately, my next two trips are one with DD7 then one with DD9 so I don't think I'll check any of those off with them. Maybe I'll get to do WIWF and at least one of the restaurants later in the fall with DD13.

We have never piloted the river boat or ridden in the front of the monorail so would love to get a chance to do one of those.

Club 33, definitely-and astonishingly, DH was able to wrangle us a reservation for next week. Seriously thought it would be an unfulfilled dream!

I have never done a tour and would love to do Walk in Walt’s Footsteps-contemplated it for this visit but too much else going on.

The canoes are on our list, as well! Our 4 year old is obsessed with different modes of transportation, so we are going to take the time to do all of the main street vehicles, Columbia and the Mark Twain, the monorail, and train on this trip. I can't remember if you can ride the trolley in DCA..?

I really want to do Peter Pan and the teacups at night. The teacups are usually an early morning thing for us since the wait is usually very short, but it looks so cool at night! Also, Peter Pan is just something I never had time to invest in, so I'm going to make it a priority this trip. My plan is to make it the last ride of the night about 15 minutes or so before closing.

I’ve taken care of most of my
Bucket list, Fantasmic from the balcony (former art gallery) Mark Twain wheelhouse, Lily Belle, Walt’s Apartment and Dream Suite (tour, didn’t stay). The only one that’s left is Club 33 and I’m pretty sure it’s not going to happen (I got to see the lobby on a tour).

Edit: oh wait! I haven’t seen the 1901 lounge at Carthay yet! Does anyone know if they still have that DCA tour that gets you in there? Maybe I’ll do that next trip!

Edit: oh wait! I haven’t seen the 1901 lounge at Carthay yet! Does anyone know if they still have that DCA tour that gets you in there? Maybe I’ll do that next trip!

They don't do the Walt's California Footsteps (I think it was called...can't find my pin, sorry) tour anymore. DD13 and I did that tour back in 2014 and thought it was great. Very cool to go inside 1901 too.

Mother/daughter trip planned for December '18 (a first) and we have never had a mint julep, the chicken dinner at Plaza Inn, been to Trader Sam's (although maybe that doesn't count as it's outside the parks) or ridden the monorail. At CA we did not get a chance to ride GOTG on our last trip so those are the things on our list. We have done the canoes twice and so to all those who have not, if you are there and they are running you most definately should do them, they are fun.

They don't do the Walt's California Footsteps (I think it was called...can't find my pin, sorry) tour anymore. DD13 and I did that tour back in 2014 and thought it was great. Very cool to go inside 1901 too.

Oh well. Thanks for the info :)
Glad you got to do it. I want to see that shadow :D

I've never seen a Disney cat - would like to do that but it's kinda out of our powers!

Every time I’ve seen one it’s on that path between Fantasyland and BTMR in front of the open mine shaft with the sound effects. Keep your eyes peeled around there :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter