What is your never-done-must-do for your next trip?

I have been trying to do the canoes for the last couple of trips - no one wants to go with me! This past trip we finally did some things that had been on our list for years now - Mickey and the Magic Map show, Autopia (and got my license ;)), rode on Mary Poppins horse, Hyperspace Mountain, GoTG (a once and done since DD did not enjoy it at all!), lunch at Red Rose Tavern, Mint Julep at BB. It was our longest trip so far (9 days) and we still missed a lot of stuff we (ok, maybe I) wanted to do.

Next trip I am making sure to make time for Animation Academy, Turtle Talk, Frozen, and Great Moments with Mr Lincoln.

I would like to ride in the tail of the Monorail. I have ridden in the front of the Monorail, afternoon tea at DLH, WOC dessert package, lunch or dinner @ Club 33, have the highest score for one day on TSMM and Buzz, ring in the new year at DL/DCA, draw every character offered at Animation Academy Building, remember to take photos when in the parks (once I get into the parks, I am taken back to when I am 10 years old and I have the best of time with my family, riding rides, snacking, laughing, just enjoying the atmosphere.)

It took us many trips to try the canoes. Not my fave. Usually closed when we’re there and I don’t care. Lol

Next trip I will be sans kids! I may try Mickey and the Map show If it’s there.

Not too much I haven’t done that I want to.

Last edited:
I've been doing smartpoints for months, so this next weekend trip is all about the never-done food!

Here are my never-dones for July:

PTN dining package at Carthay (never been there and never seen PTN),
beignets at Mint Julep Bar,
garlic cheese bagel twists,
fried chicken at Plaza Inn,
Jumbalaya or French Dip at French Market,
and a corn dog from the Red Wagon!

I would like to ride in the tail of the Monorail. I have ridden in the front of the Monorail, afternoon tea at DLH, WOC dessert package, lunch or dinner @ Club 33, have the highest score for one day on TSMM and Buzz, ring in the new year at DL/DCA, draw every character offered at Animation Academy Building, remember to take photos when in the parks (once I get into the parks, I am taken back to when I am 10 years old and I have the best of time with my family, riding rides, snacking, laughing, just enjoying the atmosphere.)
I rode in the tail section last time and really enjoyed it, more than being in the front! I think because I could see more looking backwards.

Sigh... On my bucket list is Club 33, of course, but that isn't going to happen any time soon; certainly not our next visit, which is only 14 days and 12 hours away!

On a more realistic scale, I'm looking forward to trying beignets (spelling??), and meeting some "muffins" (people who watch Fresh Baked Disney on youtube). We're going to try to get my grandson up to the wheelhouse (a first for me too!), and into the nose of the monorail (hubs and I did this for the first time last summer).

And, as already noted, PIXAR PIER! Grandson is just barely tall enough (49in in his shoes) for Incredicoaster, and I adore all things Pixar, so it's a must-do!
And another "muffin" here, too!

This trip I want to do the walk in Walt’s footsteps tour. I’m hoping the are allowing access to his suite and that I’m not sniffling if we get to see it lol.

Last few trips I’ve checked off some of my Disney bucket list. I got an annual pass, rode cars at dusk, seen the fireworks from big thunder mountain and went to the Carthay lounge.

I enjoyed the canoes but it’s hard to get anyone in my party to go with me.

Last edited:
I've never seen a Disney cat - would like to do that but it's kinda out of our powers!
We play spot the kitty on the tram ride going into the park and almost always see at least one, if not more. I think our record is four. We usually get there in the evenings, between 5 and 7. Look on the left hand side and you'll see them sleeping in the bushes.

I have been trying to do the canoes for the last couple of trips - no one wants to go with me! This past trip we finally did some things that had been on our list for years now - Mickey and the Magic Map show, Autopia (and got my license ;)), rode on Mary Poppins horse, Hyperspace Mountain, GoTG (a once and done since DD did not enjoy it at all!), lunch at Red Rose Tavern, Mint Julep at BB. It was our longest trip so far (9 days) and we still missed a lot of stuff we (ok, maybe I) wanted to do.

Next trip I am making sure to make time for Animation Academy, Turtle Talk, Frozen, and Great Moments with Mr Lincoln.

Canoes are an ABSOLUTE blast! Over 30+ trips to DL and I've never been on them before. in April, my daughter and i paddled our way around the Great Rivers, ended up with 8 trips by the end of our stay :) One thing that I really loved is the banter with the CMs, reminded my of the Jungle Cruise captains before they had to stick to a script.

This trip I want to do the walk in Walt’s footsteps tour. I’m hoping the are allowing access to his suite and that I’m not sniffling if we get to see it lol.

Last few trips I’ve checked off some of my Disney bucket list. I got an annual pass, rode cars at dusk, seen the fireworks from big thunder mountain and went to the Carthay lounge.
We rode BTMRR during fireworks on accident last time. It’s great. We’ve done it before as well.

I have a couple. I really want to take pictures at Minnie's house but she's never there when I go. I got pictures at Mickey's though. Walk in Walt's footsteps which we are finally going in July. I would also like to become a citizen of Disneyland. I have to work on this one...lol

Last edited:
I guess my problem is I always end up wanting to do everything when I go...( once every 5years)

But never done must do’s are definitely: riding buzz and Peter Pan ( kind of overlooked those), BB dining with Monte Cristo sandwich, tigger tails, dole whip (never thought they were worth the wait but I‘ll guess I have to try them), Mickey and the magic map and the animation academy...
and all this stuff is already planned out for the next trip! I just can’t wait to go...

Mickey and the Magical Map! I always end up not being able to make it! Doing it this time, I have 9 days so I have no excuses!!!
That was me this past trip - always missed it, making a plan to watch it, have 9 days. Easy right? DD and I just happened to be in the area when I looked at the app and it said the last show of the day would start in 15 minutes. We grabbed a pretzel and a frozen cherry lemonade and got great seats. Meant to watch it again but it never happened.

Hope to catch the Tangled or B&B show in October.

This is my favorite thread ever! I had to create a new account just to answer this question (forgot all my old log in info).

For as long as I can remember, I have always said I was going to go to Club 33 for my 33rd birthday. Every trip we take, I always think in the back of my mind that it’s ok that I haven’t been yet because I’ll just go when I’m 33. Well time has sure crept up on me because countless Disneyland trips, a husband and 3 kids later- I’m actually going to be 33 this November! And still no closer to meeting that goal than when I came up with the idea in the first place. But that’s ok! We are going at the end of June 2018 and also again this November for my birthday so the dream is still alive!

A more realistic experience I would like to try is the Chefs counter at Napa Rose. So if club 33 magic doesn’t ever happen for me, Napa Rose is not a bad consolation prize if I do say so myself!

I am so glad people said Mickey and the Magical Map. I totally forgot to add that to our plan. We have only been to DL once before and didn't get to do it. We also haven't done Alice:( We did do the canoes on that trip, and they were awesome! It's so cool to do something real in a theme park. The canoes are not attached to anything, and you are doing the paddling. However, we loves canoeing and kayaking.

I guess my problem is I always end up wanting to do everything when I go...( once every 5years)

But never done must do’s are definitely: riding buzz and Peter Pan ( kind of overlooked those), BB dining with Monte Cristo sandwich, tigger tails, dole whip (never thought they were worth the wait but I‘ll guess I have to try them), Mickey and the magic map and the animation academy...
and all this stuff is already planned out for the next trip! I just can’t wait to go...
Dole whips are not worth the wait. Most local frozen yogurt shops have it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter