What kind of car does Dollar REALLY give you?

Ted and Holly

This login is used by Ted only, please refer to Ju
Ted and I are renting an "Intermediate" car from Dollar next month. In the past, we have gotten the cheaper one and ended up with a Neon... ICK! (Ted especially hates neons because he used to own one)

The website shows a Dodge Stratus, but what else has any of you had for an Intermediate through Dollar?

P.S. When we rented from National in July, they considered a Mitsubishi Lancer an Intermediate! It was TINY and had no power....

Holly

When we went in August we got a brand new Chrylser PT Cruiser. The car was wonderful,,,clean and roomy and the service super. I know different car companies have different meanings of intermediate. When we rented from Alamo we got a small car for an intermediate. So when we booked the car, it looked like we were getting a good price, but ended up with a not so good vehicle.

We rented from Dollar last year in teh intermed and we got a neon.........UGH...My husband is 6'7" so he couldn't even sit up straight......I'd go full size....

My DH and I were just there 12/27 - 1/4, reserved a compact car and were upgraded to a PT Cruiser! I guess it just depends on what they have left in the lot.

It's true that Dollar is likely to give you a free upgrade to at PT Cruiser, and that's exactly what happened to us. Unfortunately, we hated that car. The interior was spartan and self-consiously retro, and there was almost no trunk space.

Worse, it seems every tourist in Orlando is driving one, so it's hard to find your car in the lots. One day we parked at MGM and of the five cars immediately adjascent to us, four were PT Cruisers.

If, however, you want a PT Cruiser for cheap, reserving intermediate at Dollar is a good way to go.

I guess I am in the minority here...I've nver gotten a PT Cruiser, upgraded or otherwise.

My two intermed cars from Dollars were the Mitsh galant, the Dodge Stratus and from National the Malibu.

Dodge Stratus was nice. Plenty roomy for 2 and trunk space aequate. Two weeks ago we rented a fullsize and picked out the Dodge Inrepid from National's line of fulldize Wow, big engine, big back seat, leather interior, and atrunk so HUGE, my ds had to stretch out full length in the trunk to get a grocery item that rolled in the back of the trunk, LOL.

Good luck, Holly. Have a safe trip.

Herc.

hercamore,
We also had a full size with National, and got the Dodge Intrepid. It really is a huge car! A true full size!!

Ted and Holly,
If Dollar is considering the Dodge Neon and the Lancers as an intermediates, then I would definately go with a full size.:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

We got a dodge intrepid from dollar in August 2001. Very big and roomy.

I think people are getting the Dollar car categories confused, I can't believe they would have received a Neon for an Intermediate. It goes Economy - Compact - Intermediate - Full Size. We have received a Stratus & Grand Am for Intermediates. ~:D~

We got a Galant from National last year. They said it was a full size car. I don't think so......... They said on their web site that we would get a Buick Regal or similar.... and we got a Galant. I never even heard of a Galant.

I guess its really hit or miss when it comes to cars. A Galant as a full size??? National definitely cheats! We're hoping to have better luck with Dollar, as they've been okay in the past! I think Dollar advertises their compact as a Neon, so this time I will be better informed and call them on it if they try to give us one!

Thanks for all the replies!
Holly

We've always used Dollar and we've always gone for the full size and gotten the Intrepid. Great car!

We just returned - got a free upgrade from a compact to a convertible Chrystler Seabring for free because there were no compact cars clean and ready (we were also given the option for what they called a compact minivan (?). We chose to wait, but when our receipt printed out there was the convertible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter