What kind of food would you like to see at Disney restaurants?

I would love to see like a "Katz Deli" style spot over at DHS... Big Sandwiches, a traditional NYC deli...

I would love to see them redo the restaurant in China, with something like "Ping Pang Pong" out in Vegas at the Gold Coast.. where they push the little carts and you pick what you want... We love to eat there, and always make a trip to eat there when we are in Vegas, sometimes we even get in 2 visits...

I also would enjoy a Florida themed restaurant serving Venison steak or burgers, Alligator tail, Conch from the Keys, and seafood caught off our coast, Oysters from Apalachicola .. something that has the old Florida feel. With Orange trees and other citrus trees in the landscape.

If your going to do farm to table... then maybe create a Barn and Farm house with a huge garden along with animals, and show people what farm to table is... not just the phrase "farm to table" . This might do great at Rafiki's planet watch at AK.

Just for convenience I always though they should put a UK bakery in Epcot selling stuff like:

Sausage rolls
Cornish Pasties
Stake bakes
Scotch Eggs.

As they are really portable foods and definitely can be eaten on the go - although I don't know how nice a sausage roll will taste in 100 degree heat hmm.

As some of you have mention before, I love Greek food so something like that would definitely get my vote - have it by the water somewhere theme it just right and you could think you'r on Kos.

Yes this. DD15 has been vegan two years now. I feel so, so bad for her when we eat in restaurants, she is limited to side vegetables or appetizers. However, Boma is very accommodating. Jiko used to have a vegan menu, but I don't think they have it anymore. Wish Disney would offer a vegan & vegetarian menu in most of their restaurants. Also on a side note, DD has influenced our eating habits tremendously -- we are eating more vegetarian and vegan meals now, though the family is not vegetarian/vegan.

Vegan here, and I too would like to see more vegan options at WDW. There are actually fewer QS vegan options, especially at MK, than there were a few years ago. I write to WDW at least once a year about this, and just wrote to them again a couple of months ago when the Lighthouse Sandwich, which could be made vegan, disappeared from the CHH menu.

AncientSoul: For your DD--there's a great site that lists vegan dishes at WDW: https://vegandisneyworld.com/
Lots of great suggestions there. And make sure to have a meal at Tusker House in DAK--vegan paradise!

I'm also a fan of Blaze Pizza at DS, which makes a really good vegan pizza.

Just for convenience I always though they should put a UK bakery in Epcot selling stuff like:

Sausage rolls
Cornish Pasties
Stake bakes
Scotch Eggs.

Yes! My family has a pasty recipe handed down for at least a couple generations via the Michigan coal mining community with U.K. roots. I had scotch eggs for the first time at Uni. It would be great to see some more U.K. foods in the U.K. pavilion. Various savory pies (or is that mainly an Australian thing) would be portable and tasty.

I would like to see more stereotypical kid food options at the CS places in Epcot WS. So many sound good to us but with such limited kids choices we can’t try them. Sunshine Seasons is nice but I’d really like to branch out.

I'm all for being adventuresome in dining, but reading so many threads about picky eaters and not adventuresome eaters concerning the restaurant offerings already at Disney, I can about imagine how many of the above suggestions would go over with the general public!!
A lot of things suggested would only appeal to a small niche, not the general public that is "Disney"! Like injera - how many people are going to want a restaurant that touts sopping your food with flat breads? There are many kinds of flat breads available at Disney, tho' maybe not what the poster suggested.

As for desiring dishes that aren't so mass produced - again, this is Disney, where many, many meals are served every day - it has to be mass produced to be efficient.

Actually, to be honest, I have no issues with most of the meals we've eaten, and will return to, at Disney. We have our own favorite places to dine at home where we may have greater expectations, but will continue to enjoy our Disney favorites with few complaints. I do know - to each their own! :)

We always try to eat healthy at home, eating lots of fruit and vegetables, keeping our processed and red meat consumption to a minimum, with the occasional 'naughty' treats on special occasions. That's not to say we don't like lots of the unhealthy foods, we just try to make good choices on a daily basis. However, when we go to Disney we eat lots of processed and red meat, sweet treats, and of course more calories than normal. We buy lots of fresh fruit from Publix and eat a healthy breakfast most days, then indulge for the rest of the day in Disney fare. 16 days until the gluttony begins again :)

I'd like to see a good fried burger place. Not microwave, not premade. I want a hot, greasy burger. Can't get that a Beaches and Cream. Can't get that at any of the restaurants (all are premade and microwaved). With homemade fries. I guess I want Five Guys at WDW.

How about a real American restaurant in Epcot. BBQ chicken ribs pulled pork.

I would really appreciate more variety in quick service at MK and DHS. While I enjoy the offerings at AK and Epcot, I really don’t like the options at the other two. I’m not a big table service fan due to the need for ADRs so quick service is my go to.

Indian and Korean would be my top choices. I would also like to see a Greek restaurant since Kouzzina is no more. A Chinese option in either park would also be a welcome addition to me.

An organic restaurant, please...please...I'm begging you WDW!

1) For WDW to even consider, there needs to be a BIG, BIG, BIG demand.
2) WDW deals in volume.
3) So, their question will be
. . . who is willing to pay the extra for specialty foods?
. . . how many are willing?
. . . how much profit can we make?
. . . will the non-specialty guests pay the extra for such foods?
. . . hoew many guests will still just go for volume versus specialty? *
4) SHOW THIS, and you might get a shot at specialty eateries.

* Most guests at WDW want to "pig out" at eateries, regardless of food quality. How do you get them to pay extra for specialty foods at higher prices ???

I'd like to see an artisan/farm-to-table concept at Disney. I think they could do it really, really well if they wanted to - give it signature status, bring in a chef really committed to the concept, and go wild. Seriously, if indie farm-to-table places can succeed even in Detroit, Disney should be able to do it well and make big bucks in the process.

A BBQ joint would be nice too, maybe as a TS addition to the America pavilion at Epcot. Smoked meats, collard greens, cornbread, just plain good American BBQ with a selection of sauce options that reflect regional variations. It would fit the theme and should be popular with meat-and-potatoes guests, though probably not the easiest place to work good vegetarian options into the menu and theme.

1) For WDW to even consider, there needs to be a BIG, BIG, BIG demand.
2) WDW deals in volume.
3) So, their question will be
. . . who is willing to pay the extra for specialty foods?
. . . how many are willing?
. . . how much profit can we make?
. . . will the non-specialty guests pay the extra for such foods?
. . . hoew many guests will still just go for volume versus specialty? *
4) SHOW THIS, and you might get a shot at specialty eateries.

* Most guests at WDW want to "pig out" at eateries, regardless of food quality. How do you get them to pay extra for specialty foods at higher prices ???
Okay, how about a 100% non GMO restaurant? That can be done much more affordably than organic. If WDW can't/won't do this then they should allow chains such as Elevation Burger, Annie's, or Chipotle onsite. Honestly, they need to offer healthier options all around. As you can tell, we are not a "pig out" family lol!

Yup, nothing like a greasy hamburger to clog up the arteries. If you don't get a heart attack from the prices at WDW then eating
greasy hamburgers might get you there sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter