What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

On the news tonight, Cuomo is stationing the NY National Guard at NY airports to assist with the enforcement of the mandatory travel quarantines. NY state is out of control. What will be the next thing the guard is asked to do?

So we're going Nov 10-14 from NY and flying SW. I understand I need to quarantine for 14 days when we get back, at least as of right now, but what I don't understand is do they check? Like how will anyone know if I'm actually home all 14 days? Is it honor system? I'm not planning on breaking it, but I have 3 kids, and there's a chance I might need to leave the house to take them somewhere or go to a store or something.

The quarantine order means no leaving the house. No “taking kids somewhere, going to a store or something”. Essential workers are exempt, as in you go to work & quarantine when not at work. If your kids are going to Florida with you, they need to quarantine & shouldn’t be leaving the house either. If you need something from outside the house, you have to get delivery or have someone drop it off to you. About the only place you are allowed to go is to get medical care that can’t be delayed.

My SIL is doing it now. She needs to record take her temperature & note any symptoms. Someone contacts her every day, but they do not show up in person. So I guess it is the honor system as to where you are when they call. But there is a fine if you are caught breaking it, up to $10,000 & 15 days in jail. I doubt they would fine immediately, but if other cases get traced back to someone who should have been quarantining, they could. There is also a hotline for the public to report those breaking quarantine. I don’t know how common that is, but a neighbor or acquaintance could report you if they see you breaking quarantine.

Last edited:
On the news tonight, Cuomo is stationing the NY National Guard at NY airports to assist with the enforcement of the mandatory travel quarantines. NY state is out of control. What will be the next thing the guard is asked to do?
This is just crazy!! I live in Upstate NY and up here we feel Cuomo has lost his mind. Off to check the news because I didn't hear about that today.

I'm curious if there is anyone from CT on here who took a PCR test once they got home and submitted to the state to end their quarantine? I may be going down to WDW alone in mid-November and am thinking of pre-ordering an at-home PCR test to take when I get home. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this? I'm hoping FL is off our restriction list by then, but I want to prepared just in case.

I'm visiting family in NY and have read the Albany Times Union and The Post online and have not seen any mention of this.

Apparently only 1 person has been caught and punished in NYC for breaking quarantine.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/17/florida-man-only-traveler-busted-in-nyc-for-breaking-quarantine/
That does leave out the rest of the state, but NYC has roughly half of the NYS population, and probably at least a similar proportion of out of state visitors. The article also notes that preliminary enforcement in airports and train stations is aggressive and intimidating, but it does not sound like the follow through for the next weeks is there (or compliance is surprisingly high).

I'm curious if there is anyone from CT on here who took a PCR test once they got home and submitted to the state to end their quarantine? I may be going down to WDW alone in mid-November and am thinking of pre-ordering an at-home PCR test to take when I get home. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this? I'm hoping FL is off our restriction list by then, but I want to prepared just in case.
My DD just flew in from Florida for a visit and got a test before she left Florida. She filled out paperwork at Bradley ( and you can test right there). Her test results came in the next day & she emailed them to the address provided. Never heard from anyone about it, I assume, because she provided a negative test taken within the 72 hrs prior to arrival.

My DD just flew in from Florida for a visit and got a test before she left Florida. She filled out paperwork at Bradley ( and you can test right there). Her test results came in the next day & she emailed them to the address provided. Never heard from anyone about it, I assume, because she provided a negative test taken within the 72 hrs prior to arrival.

This is great info, thank you! I wish Bradley wasn't so far from me (I'm in the southern part of CT). I will be flying in and out of a NY airport. I'll fill out the paperwork online when I arrive and will do an at-home test. It seems JetBlue has partnered with Vault and they offer a discount - maybe I will try that! Thanks again for your response.

Anyone wanna bet if CT will be added to the travel ban list now that their numbers exceed the limits?

I'm not sure what you mean. CT's positivity rate is far below 10%.

No doubt CT is getting close to quarantining itself! In reading today’s Hartford Courant, I get the feeling we will soon be requiring a negative test or quarantine from ANYONE coming from ANYWHERE. It was one thing when 6-7 states were on the list, now it’s almost all of them!

This is great info, thank you! I wish Bradley wasn't so far from me (I'm in the southern part of CT). I will be flying in and out of a NY airport. I'll fill out the paperwork online when I arrive and will do an at-home test. It seems JetBlue has partnered with Vault and they offer a discount - maybe I will try that! Thanks again for your response.

I'm not sure what you mean. CT's positivity rate is far below 10%.

It's the daily cases per 100K that exceeds the limit, not the positivity rate. (snip is from covidactnow.org)

Does anyone have any idea of how long the cases need to NOT exceed for it to drop off? How many days in a row? or Weeks?

I'm in PA - there is no guideline written out. Just the list of forbidden states.

I'm assuming they are using the less than 10 cases per 100,000 people metric - but I don't know how many days in a row it must hit that number for it to drop off the list. I think they are reviewing the state metrics every Friday (based on the website update date) - just curious if anyone else in the Tri State area knew of their state's guideline?

Does anyone have any idea of how long the cases need to NOT exceed for it to drop off? How many days in a row? or Weeks?

I'm in PA - there is no guideline written out. Just the list of forbidden states.

I'm assuming they are using the less than 10 cases per 100,000 people metric - but I don't know how many days in a row it must hit that number for it to drop off the list. I think they are reviewing the state metrics every Friday (based on the website update date) - just curious if anyone else in the Tri State area knew of their state's guideline?
Upstate NY here, and nope. I love Cuomo & am all for safety, but this is a lot. Already cancelled 3 trips because I simply can't quarantine for 2 weeks.

Upstate NY here, and nope. I love Cuomo & am all for safety, but this is a lot. Already cancelled 3 trips because I simply can't quarantine for 2 weeks.

Yeah - we are 34 days out from our thanksgiving trip and we dug our heels in on this one. We are able to quarantine upon return which is fine - but I just want a window into the logic of the list - i don't know why they can't just say "this is what we use - this is exactly how it's determined".

Yeah - we are 34 days out from our thanksgiving trip and we dug our heels in on this one. We are able to quarantine upon return which is fine - but I just want a window into the logic of the list - i don't know why they can't just say "this is what we use - this is exactly how it's determined".
Totally. I'd go if I could quarantine, and was booked for thanksgiving week, but I don't see the problem with going to Disney. Masks are required, so why not? It is very weird and almost like they pick and choose. For example, Colorado has had high cases for a long time and just got added. There are more places we can't go than places we can.

In CT they use a rolling 7 day average to come up with the restricted state list every Tuesday.

Interesting to see what NY will announce today as three neighboring states are all over the requirement this week and should be put on the list for quarantine. That would be NJ, Penn, and Conn. NY says that they wont be able to quarantine anyone from the neighboring states and to expect an update today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter