What kind of numbers does Florida need to come off of the quarantine list?

Does anyone know of a place near Disney (or in NY) where asymptomatic people can get a rapid test? We are driving and would love to get tested when we leave Fl and again when we get back to NY.

If the test is covered by your insurance, if not $125 on a credit card

Has anyone used the Maingate covid testing site near Disney to get a test before returning home? Do you need to make an appointment or just drive/walk up? Do they test out of state tourists? I plan on going to WDW next month and would like to get a test within 72 hours of returning home per state regulations. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully NJ follows suit. I think they might since the tri-state area has coordinated on travel policies so far.

Me too. I've been watching FL numbers for so long and it's so discouraging. We live in NJ but I work in PA and dh works in NJ so we need both states to drop FL off their quarantine lists. The ironic/moronic part is that NJ waives the rules for healthcare workers. This means I can go anywhere in the country and not quarantine when I return. If I worked in a NJ hospital, I could return directly to work and potentially infect all of my patients, and that's ok with Murphy. :rolleyes:
PA doesn't have that rule and dh doesn't work in healthcare.

The whole thing is such a headache that I have lost all motivation to travel. :sad1:

ETA: I just re-read the webpage for NJ and it waives all "critical infrastructure" jobs. Dh would qualify for that, wastewater treatment, but still I'd have to follow PA's list of quarantined states to keep my employer happy. No trip is worth burning another 10 vacation days to quarantine. This is a huge perk for the Work From Home crowd.

Last edited:

Has anyone used the Maingate covid testing site near Disney to get a test before returning home? Do you need to make an appointment or just drive/walk up? Do they test out of state tourists? I plan on going to WDW next month and would like to get a test within 72 hours of returning home per state regulations. Thanks in advance.

We used it earlier this month before driving back to MA and it was great. We just drove up, no appointment, and there were only two cars ahead of us. Not even a line, there were enough people to do all three cars at once. It's free, it was fast, and they gave each of us a five pack of reusable cloth masks (the kind infused with copper and silver).

Only one complaint - they told us we'd be texted and emailed when the results were ready, but neither of us got either. We were tested on Thursday and I eventually went online on Monday to see if it was ready. The report was dated Saturday.

And where is this testing site? Maybe I can get tested before leaving Florida.

@Moliphino Thanks for the info. If we go we will definitely stop by there a couple of days before we leave. We will have a rental car and it is only 10 minutes from our hotel.

Is that right by Disney's audition studio? and any idea of hours of operation?

Thanks and is it on the street where the audition studio is? A left at the light before you get to AKL?

Thanks and is it on the street where the audition studio is? A left at the light before you get to AKL?

I don't know where the audition studio is, so I can't answer your question directly, but coming from I-4 on 192, once you pass the Disney entrance at World Drive, you will drive for a little ways, and see a Bob Evans and a Rodeway Inn on your right. Maingate Lane is a RIGHT turn in between the Knights Inn and the IHOP, at least according to Google Maps.

This is correct... the street is windy & curvy It is on left (same side as Audition Studio ) and does have a sign to enter into the parking lot.
You would arrive before 192 in Kissimee ... I have never seen any lines so you probably won’t have to wait.

Looked on google map & that’s what it looked like. My DD has been to the studio many times!

Does anyone know of a place near Disney (or in NY) where asymptomatic people can get a rapid test? We are driving and would love to get tested when we leave Fl and again when we get back to NY.

Not sure which part of NY you are asking about (probably the city?!), but we are in WNY and we have rapid testing all around us. Dates, times, and locations are posted weekly. Appointments are needed. Cost is free.

Any onsite testing locations at WDW? Cuomo’s new mandates require a test 3 days prior to travel and then again 3 days after return to NY.

“NEW: @NYGovCuomo announces NYS is shifting from a quarantine list to a testing policy.

Get a negative test within 3 days BEFORE arriving in NYS.

Once you arrive in NYS, wait 3 days and then take a test on the 4th day (or after).

If both are negative, no quarantine.”

Any onsite testing locations at WDW? Cuomo’s new mandates require a test 3 days prior to travel and then again 3 days after return to NY.

“NEW: @NYGovCuomo announces NYS is shifting from a quarantine list to a testing policy.

Once you arrive in NYS, wait 3 days and then take a test on the 4th day (or after).

BUT, those 3 days that you are waiting to take the second test must be quarantine days in NY. You can’t go about your regular life once you’re back waiting to take the second test.

So for NY Disney travelers, you would need to find a testing location in Florida to have a test done before you travel back to NY, then quarantine for 3 days and on the 4th day, get another test. You then have to wait for the negative result before you can end your quarantine, so if your testing location takes 3-5 days to get you the result, you must quarantine for those additional 3-5 days.

Just came on to ask the same question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter