What Parks perks/discounts do Disney Store employees get?

Didn’t mean to sound rude, but I worked there for 18 years and we were not allowed to discuss our discounts. I will say they are very good, but I worked there for my love of Disney. It is hard work and the hours can be long and time off is difficult, especially around the holidays.

Didn’t mean to sound rude, but I worked there for 18 years and we were not allowed to discuss our discounts. I will say they are very good, but I worked there for my love of Disney. It is hard work and the hours can be long and time off is difficult, especially around the holidays.
So I’ve heard. It sounds like you are not willing to share the details?

So I’ve heard. It sounds like you are not willing to share the details?
No, I am not going to share what the discounts are. Just not ethical, in my opinion. Someone else might come along and tell you, but I would hope not.

No, I am not going to share what the discounts are. Just not ethical, in my opinion. Someone else might come along and tell you, but I would hope not.

Search the forums .... the info is in here.

Disney will always protect their $. The employee discount equates to a ‘cost plus’ model. Thus they really don’t want it distributed.

I used to work at a branch of the Disney Store in my hometown of Edmonton, Canada a couple years ago. I worked there for 3 years and enjoyed a great trip to WDW with my perks after I graduated university and before I got an office job! (It was my grad gift to myself).

I have a strong belief in ethics however I don’t personally see what’s so wrong with sharing info about the perks myself.

These were the discounts I had at the time (April/May 2017):

2 park hopper passes twice a year (so 4 per year). They expired after 2 years. (You also received more if you had dependents).

20% off most store purchases (this discount goes up to 35% if you’ve been with the company for 3 years I believe... I missed that discount on my trip by several months!) The 20% off worked on SOME dining locations but not very many, mostly quick dining locations.

Finally, my favourite discount was 50% off Disney resort stays!! That really helped lower the cost.

Now I believe Disney store cast members also receive cards which grant them (and a couple guests) access to the parks, an unlimited amount I believe. I don’t know the details on that part as it started past my time and I’ve only seen/heard of the cards in passing from friends who still work there.

I hope this helped your curiosity! :)

This just in -- shares of Disney plummeted after disclosure of employee perks became public knowledge on the disboards! 1000s have been laid off. Star wars land has been cancelled!
I don't care, I'm leaving the company in few weeks anyway, but it wasn't me, and I'm throwing Ninjamanda under the bus, it was her, there is proof.

I don't care, I'm leaving the company in few weeks anyway, but it wasn't me, and I'm throwing Ninjamanda under the bus, it was her, there is proof.
It just irritates me when people ask about the discounts not the job! People don’t realize it can be hard work and not all fun. Yes, I enjoyed my discounts, and as a retiree I still have them, but I worked for them and sacrificed holiday time off with family, long hours and horribly rude guests. I also had the privilege of working with some of the best people ever and made life long friends. I worked part time, was also a school teacher, but my love of the company and product outweighed the other stuff. We had guest ask about our benefits all the time. They would apply for jobs, then quit because it wasn’t what they expected. Seasonal help did not receive the perks other cast members got so they were mad if they didn’t get kept on.

I think everyone realizes it’s not an easy job. Any job in a service industry or retail is difficult and trying and you have to deal with a lot of rude customers, difficult hours, etc.

The best part about the job is that despite all this, it was Disney which makes it all worth it. The people who stuck around the longest (and actually got to therefore use the benefits of the perks) were the people who love Disney.

Every retail job has perks (50% off clothes in some clothing stores, free movies if you work in a movie theatre, etc) but the ones for the Disney store are particularly unique (and awesome). But despite me “giving away” the secret, I don’t think it will matter much or cause an influx of individuals using the job to get free stuff. Only the brave who love Disney can handle it and reap the rewards anyways.

It just irritates me when people ask about the discounts not the job! People don’t realize it can be hard work and not all fun. Yes, I enjoyed my discounts, and as a retiree I still have them, but I worked for them and sacrificed holiday time off with family, long hours and horribly rude guests. I also had the privilege of working with some of the best people ever and made life long friends. I worked part time, was also a school teacher, but my love of the company and product outweighed the other stuff. We had guest ask about our benefits all the time. They would apply for jobs, then quit because it wasn’t what they expected. Seasonal help did not receive the perks other cast members got so they were mad if they didn’t get kept on.
so you weren’t worried about violating your 30 page non-disclosure agreement?

It was just being annoyed posers might apply for a coveted job?

Last edited:
We had guest ask about our benefits all the time. They would apply for jobs, then quit because it wasn’t what they expected.

Yeah, that happens a lot with retail jobs.

If the discounts are good, I'd think WDW would want to spread the word... My University has an awesome benefits package for faculty. And when we recruit new faculty, it's almost always the first thing we tell them. Benefits are there for a reason: to make the job attractive (especially in competitive markets/fields) and to make people stick around. Making them super secret seems counterintuitive to recruiting the best employees.

so you weren’t worried about violating your 30 page non-disclosure agreement?
Why would employee benefits fall under a non disclosure agreement? They're out there for anyone interested.
Making them super secret seems counterintuitive to recruiting the best employees.
It's not a super secret. People who apply for a job are informed of all the benefits.

https://parksjobs.disneycareers.com...c1xtqOWMSMgv53ZDrtlg9MbFM_Hvy8CIaApX-EALw_wcB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!