What restaurants do you not want to go back to?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
I have a few restaurants that I have decided I do not want to go back to.

Cinderella's Royal Table dinner- Our food was just not good. My steak was over cooked, tough, and dry, the cake we had for dessert was like it was stale and a few days old. Neither of us liked the food. We won't go back for dinner, maybe breakfast.

Skippers Canteen - We only finished half of our food because we did not like it. Maybe it is just the seasonings I don't know, but I do know a lot of people rave about it.

Satu'li Canteen- I had the hamburger pods which were dough wrapped around hamburger yuck! They came with vegetable chips which were bland. My granddaughter had the cheese quesadillas and she let me sample them. They actually were kind of good and she liked them. If we ever go back I will maybe get those.

Ohana- We have eaten here 3 different times for dinner over the past years. I have always loved it. This past trip I think was my last at least for a long time. There were a couple reasons. The main reason was the sweet sauce that smothers everything was just to much for me this time. I don't know if they changed their sauce or what? The steak was under cooked and pink. I only ate around the edges that were not pink. The chicken was a little over cooked. The banana bread pudding was still delicious though, the best part of the meal!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t do the Spirit of Aloha again and not because it was bad. Just more one-and-done. If I heard that they seriously upgraded the food or significantly changed the show, I might go back.

My worst ever dining experience at Disney was at Big River Grille, but they were so nice about it, I wouldn’t shun the place. I might not order a meal there again, but I’d def consider going there for drinks and snacks.

Chef Mickey. The kids were so excited about it. We were finally seated 90 minutes after out ADR. (Good thing the had no park planned that day) It was just not clean at all and I don't usually notice those things. The food was meh. The characters came through the room. 2 of them didn't stop at our table and they gave me attitude about them coming over. Just not a fun experience. The kids did enjoy it at least. that was the only saving grace.

If it were up to me, Crystal Palace. Slow service, long waits for characters, bland food. But my kids love the Pooh characters so we’ve gone every trip. :rolleyes:

I'll second this. This used to be our go-to character meal experience, but the last time even the breakfast lasagna was blah. Last year we did Tusker House instead, and DW says she would rather go there now.

Another place is Earl of Sandwich at DS. They got rid of DW's favorite a couple years back, but I was never crazy about their offerings.

And finally, Via Napoli in EPCOT. We can get better Italian food, and especially better brick-oven-fired pizza, at a fraction of the prices listed.

Last edited:
Coral Reef. There was nothing really wrong, but portions were on the small side, we felt rushed, and it wasn't really magical. Also expensive. The fish were cool, but we had a much better experience at Sharks Underwater Grill a few years prior to that.

We were also underwhelmed by Big River Grille. Once again not awful, but uneven and not very magical.

Chef Mickey. The kids were so excited about it. We were finally seated 90 minutes after out ADR. (Good thing the had no park planned that day) It was just not clean at all and I don't usually notice those things. The food was meh. The characters came through the room. 2 of them didn't stop at our table and they gave me attitude about them coming over. Just not a fun experience. The kids did enjoy it at least. that was the only saving grace.
I have heard a lot of bad reviews about Chef Mickey. Mainly about it not being clean and the food.

I'll second this. This used to be our go-to character meal experience, but the last time even the breakfast lasagna was blah. Last year we did Tusker House instead, and DW says she would rather go there now.

Another place is Earl of Sandwich at DS. They got rid of DW's favorite a couple years back, but I was never crazy about their offerings.

And finally, Via Napoli in EPCOT. We can get better Italian food, and especially better brick-oven-fired pizza, at a fraction of the prices listed.
Oh I forgot to mention Via Napoli. Our crust was to doughy the last time we went, just not as good as our first time we were there. Not that we won't go back, it may be a few years before we do.

This is why we have not tried Hollywood and Vine, to many bad reviews.
Even breakfast was bad, and I think it’s hard to screw up a breakfast buffet. However, my daughter loved the characters so we did it on two different trips. We are done with that place.

CRT- The only good thing was that it was in the castle. Our food wasn't very good, and it was so loud and chaotic. Once and done for us.

Mama Melrose- Such a long wait for our table, grumpy server and terrible food. I actually felt sick the rest of the night after eating there. Never again.

'Ohana breakfast- The food was so dry like it had been sitting under the warming lights forever. Character interactions were really rushed as well. We are going to give it another chance and try dinner on our next trip, mostly for the bread pudding!

Chef Mickeys breakfast. They have a good selection, but everything was only just warm, and I mean only just. I'm so glad we don't have to go anymore.

Via Napoli - waited over an hour for daughter's undercooked runny pizza. Rude, uncaring staff. It is also very loud.
CRT - Shoved in a corner and food was not good. We ate at breakfast and the meals were so small we had to eat again within an hour. My daughter who was 9 at the time was very disappointed in the experience.
Deluxe Burger - I was so excited to try this after all the great reviews. We had tasteless, grease burgers with limp fries. I do not get the love for this place.

This is why we have not tried Hollywood and Vine, to many bad reviews.

Maybe we caught H&V on a good day, but I actually thought it wasn’t bad during our May trip. Granted, I had zero expectations but I though the food was fresher and better choices than Chef Mickeys.

Narcoossee's, Citrico's, Ravello, V&A. Also, Kona Cafe used to be a big favorite but I don't care for their new menu and may not go back again unless they improve it.

I have a few restaurants that I have decided I do not want to go back to.

Cinderella's Royal Table dinner- Our food was just not good. My steak was over cooked, tough, and dry, the cake we had for dessert was like it was stale and a few days old. Neither of us liked the food. We won't go back for dinner, maybe breakfast.

Skippers Canteen - We only finished half of our food because we did not like it. Maybe it is just the seasonings I don't know, but I do know a lot of people rave about it.

Satu'li Canteen- I had the hamburger pods which were dough wrapped around hamburger yuck! They came with vegetable chips which were bland. My granddaughter had the cheese quesadillas and she let me sample them. They actually were kind of good and she liked them. If we ever go back I will maybe get those.

Ohana- We have eaten here 3 different times for dinner over the past years. I have always loved it. This past trip I think was my last at least for a long time. There were a couple reasons. The main reason was the sweet sauce that smothers everything was just to much for me this time. I don't know if they changed their sauce or what? The steak was under cooked and pink. I only ate around the edges that were not pink. The chicken was a little over cooked. The banana bread pudding was still delicious though, the best part of the meal!
Le Cellier. They served me a burnt steak (it was supposed to be medium well), the atmosphere wasn't great with small & tightly packed tables, and that not-so-great dinner for two cost about $150.

Narcoossee's, Citrico's, Ravello, V&A. Also, Kona Cafe used to be a big favorite but I don't care for their new menu and may not go back again unless they improve it.
Kona for us as well. Used to be a favorite especially for lunch with the Teriyaki Steak. But after our trip in 2014: Menu change, the careless staff, the rude chef(came out for my allergies), us both ending up ill from the meal there:sick:, we have no desire to go back. :sad2:

Thats unfortunate to happen on vacation and prices paid for meals you should get a decent meal. I hope everbody made a complaint to manager and Disney as well and get compensated as well.

Only way a real change could happen is if they get empty tables and revenue descreases but not likely as restaurants are always full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts