What restaurants do you not want to go back to?

T-Rex, Biergarten, Coral Reef

But, to be honest, I've seen most restaurants mentioned at least once on these type threads. Everyone should experience a restaurant for themselves, not just write it off because others may have had a bad experience. We all have our likes/dislikes/and level of expectations.

1900 park for dinner- the food was okay and the characters were fun, but it wasn't worth leaving the park for. If it was in a park then it would have rated higher. Crystal Palace has similar food and quality, but I love that I don't have to leave the park. If you have a Cinderella fan and aren't having a park day I would say it would be a good choice.
Cosmic rays- I know it's not a table service but I loath eating there yet every trip the kids get in a mood and we end up there just to get them fed and happy.

Paddlefish-terrible food, horrible service & way too crowded for my taste, crazy expensive too.
Casey's Corner-ate here 2x & both times the food was cold. It's called a HOT dog, not a COLD dog.

'Ohana
We went for dinner (myself and two of my children, ages 10 and 17 at the time.) My 10 year old loved it. I found it stressful. The server came to our table with the meat skewers way too quickly after we were served the appetizer. I felt rushed. I wasn't a fan of the yuekele singer roaming the restaurant. Just not my style. I know it's a very popular, hard to get reservation, so I guess the fact that I won't be reserving it means it will be easier for others :)

I was also disappointed in Le Cellier. Everything was so salty! We got the poutine and filet; I could tell it was well cooked, but just everything tasted so salty. Not worth that $$$

I am sorry you had this experience, but I am also so glad it's not just me! My food at Le Cellier was way over salted. The steak was cooked as I asked, but it was not a very good cut and they seemed to be covering up the lack of flavor in the meat itself by drowning it in salt. It is the one place I will never return to. The cost versus quality just is not there.

Surprisingly, for me Be Our Guest. We did lunch and dinner. Lunch was ok, but very noisy, and my braised pork was so salty I could barely eat half of it. And dinner, my steak was sooo tough I had to saw at it with the butter knife. The Master's Cupcake was good, but the Grey Stuff dessert wasn't my favorite-didn't like the white chocolate creme/mousse. If I was bringing someone on their first visit to WDW I would consider getting a breakfast/lunch reservation and only getting the cupcake, saving the meal for something better!

I was also disappointed in Le Cellier. Everything was so salty! We got the poutine and filet; I could tell it was well cooked, but just everything tasted so salty. Not worth that $$$

And the Sunshine Season's french toast bread pudding had a really bad aftertaste. I would prefer a simple pastry, then an earlier lunch.
I thought Le Cellier was just ok, not worth 2 credits that's for sure. My steak was good but my dessert tasted freezer burnt, not good at all. It looked really pretty but must of been in the freezer to long :crazy2:

'Ohana
We went for dinner (myself and two of my children, ages 10 and 17 at the time.) My 10 year old loved it. I found it stressful. The server came to our table with the meat skewers way too quickly after we were served the appetizer. I felt rushed. I wasn't a fan of the yuekele singer roaming the restaurant. Just not my style. I know it's a very popular, hard to get reservation, so I guess the fact that I won't be reserving it means it will be easier for others :)
I agree about Ohana, they need to slow down on their serving. They kept bringing food and we had hardly finished what we had. I felt rushed and guilty for not eating all the food they brought to the table. I always think about all the food they are wasting but they say they use the left overs for compost or something.It still seems wrong.

Isn't that what the "Bavarian-style Pot Roast" on the dinner menu is? I think it's labeled as sauerbraten on the actual buffet.
Correct! Food was very good and very authentic last time we were there.
We did not sit next to strangers; try off peak hours?

Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Chef Mickey's dinner, and while a shocker for some...Via Napoli. Our pizzas were soggy messes with very little in the way of toppings.

This is exactly how I feel. We have had less than stellar food a couple times, but an off night in the kitchen doesn’t make me vow to never return. I would have to go somewhere several times and it be bad for me to write it off.
The thing is when you are paying just about $200 for a buffet you don't want to take a chance and take that hit again. I would rather try something else.

1900 Park Fare - The characters were great. The food was easily the worst buffet food we've ever had.

Crystal Palace - hot food cold, cold food hot. Just not good.

CRT - the food was ok. The characters were ok. Problem is, that's a lot of money to put out for just ok.

Garden Grill dinner... food was just not good and the Living with the Land smell was very off putting to me. The characters were great but still would not return.

I'll never step foot in Hollywood and Vine again. Hands down, it's the worst dining experience I've had at Disney World.

The only Restaurant in all of WDW I will never return to is H & V. Nasty food, rude servers, filthy buffet. Never Again

Why does anyone feel they should be compensated because they didn't like the food they ordered in a restaurant. Really.

Pefect example did you talk to manager and voice your concerns and should have offered you something or if not
should have brought it up.Any business should be held accountable especially company like Disney who pride themselves on customer service.

If everybody made their concerns known changes would be made.

Garden Grill dinner... food was just not good and the Living with the Land smell was very off putting to me. The characters were great but still would not return.

Agree! The characters were the best, but the food was very bland, and my 7yo complained of a stomach ache a few hours after eating then woke up vomiting in the middle of the night. Sure it could have been a virus or a fluke and not the food, but it's ruined for me now.

Also the dog barking from LWTL through the meal drove me batty. The 2yo loved it though :rolleyes:

And we enjoyed H&V last year - went with extremely low expectations but found the food hot and fresh and tasty with lots of variety. It was the holiday dine, and the characters were outstanding. We had a reservation within 30 min of dinner opening though, so maybe the early time made the difference. We are doing the same thing this year :)

San Angel Inn.... it's been years since I've been there and I have no desire to return....:crazy2: Ohana dinner is another..... I can't even really say why, but I just disliked the experience,and the food wasn't anything I'd return for. ABC commisary in the studios...we tried it a few times over the years and it remains the only qs place on property where I just tossed the food in the garbage..... won't even try it anymore. other than that, most places are ok and we've been to wdw a ridiculous number of times over the years...so that's not a bad list:rotfl:

Hollywood and Vine - food wasn't good, characters took forever to make the rounds. A manager actually asked us to leave twice because we had been there so long but hadn't seen Jake or Doc yet. We offered to move off to the side or wait in the area where they were currently visiting, but she wouldn't let us do that and she was obviously annoyed that we would leave before meeting the characters.

Turf Club - food was fine, but not worth the price
when that has happened to us in the past, and a server asked if we needed anything else (trying to get us out of the table) we politely told them we'd leave when the characters visited our kids. suddenly the characters had time to visit! that table needs to be turned over,and they won't get a turnover till the kids meet the characters we're paying to see. All very politely of course. works every time. we phrased it like "Oh, we're all done eating thanks! now we're just waiting to see Mickey,and then we can head out!" (big smiles)

when that has happened to us in the past, and a server asked if we needed anything else (trying to get us out of the table) we politely told them we'd leave when the characters visited our kids. suddenly the characters had time to visit! that table needs to be turned over,and they won't get a turnover till the kids meet the characters we're paying to see. All very politely of course. works every time. we phrased it like "Oh, we're all done eating thanks! now we're just waiting to see Mickey,and then we can head out!" (big smiles)
That's exactly what we did, and it has never been a problem at another character meal. But this manager wasn't happy with that. We'd already been done awhile and waiting for 2 more characters when she came by to "check" on us and when we said we were done but waiting for Jake and Doc she asked if we would be leaving soon because there were people waiting to come in for their reservation time. We explained that we didn't want to miss Jake and Doc but we'd be happy to clear the table and wait off to the side of the area Jake was currently in. She said no, she couldn't do that but that they would be by soon. All good! I don't know how much more time passes, but the characters both passed up but didn't stop in our section. The manager comes back and says if we're done eating she really needs to ask us to leave because the people outside have waited way past their reservation time. And I very politely said we would leave the minute we had met the characters, the kids have been waiting all this time. She was angry, the only time I've ever seen a CM be rude, and actually stomped away. We were a very big group and my sisters' mil was about to jump our of her chair but I stepped in front to make sure it stayed polite. Jake and Doc did visit very quickly after that.

I'm sure it was a fluke but even if had gone perfectly, the experience wouldn't have been worth the wait and the price for my group to go back

That's exactly what we did, and it has never been a problem at another character meal. But this manager wasn't happy with that. We'd already been done awhile and waiting for 2 more characters when she came by to "check" on us and when we said we were done but waiting for Jake and Doc she asked if we would be leaving soon because there were people waiting to come in for their reservation time. We explained that we didn't want to miss Jake and Doc but we'd be happy to clear the table and wait off to the side of the area Jake was currently in. She said no, she couldn't do that but that they would be by soon. All good! I don't know how much more time passes, but the characters both passed up but didn't stop in our section. The manager comes back and says if we're done eating she really needs to ask us to leave because the people outside have waited way past their reservation time. And I very politely said we would leave the minute we had met the characters, the kids have been waiting all this time. She was angry, the only time I've ever seen a CM be rude, and actually stomped away. We were a very big group and my sisters' mil was about to jump our of her chair but I stepped in front to make sure it stayed polite. Jake and Doc did visit very quickly after that.

I'm sure it was a fluke but even if had gone perfectly, the experience wouldn't have been worth the wait and the price for my group to go back
Sounds to me they should be angry with the characters not you for waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter