What restaurants do you not want to go back to?

Via Napoli. Somehow the server or system had the wrong count for our dining credits. The waitress informed me that we didn't have enough credits for our party of 4. This was only half way through our trip and I planned out all of our meals and credits so I knew this not to be true. But, of course I freaked out and spent the whole meal stressing and re-calculating all of our meals.

At the end of the meal the manager came over and told us that our account had been fixed. No apology and the waitress was not friendly. The food was ok but I was so stressed to enjoy it.

For the longest time I refused to go back to Coral Reef. We had a horrible experience with the service (the worst I have had anywhere, not just WDW), and I vowed never to go back. After about 7 years, we went again with another family that wanted to go (they had never been and I didn't want to nix the few requests they had). Turns out the waiter was extremely nice, so I am glad I went - took some of my hatred for the place away. I haven't been back, but I have taken it off of my "never go back" list.

Tony's - terrible meal there. I could make better food in my kitchen.

I also had a bad experience at Tokyo Dining several years ago. Service was very slow and the food was bland.

Several years ago, we had a bad meal at Sci Fi. A few years later we tried it again and it was great. We've been back many times since and have always had good food and service.

We also had bad food and service at Tonys. Gave it another try several years later. Still bad food and bad service. We won't ever go back there.

V&A? How disappointing! Especially for the cost! I wonder if you hit an off night. It was one of the best meals I've ever had.
I was curious to try it, but it turns out this style of dining is just not my thing. The menu was a bit too bizarre for my taste, so I had to call ahead and arrange for items that I would like. I much appreciate that they did this and I did enjoy the customized items, but with no preparation I can just show up at places like Boma and Tusker House and find lots of foods that I like. Plus I'd rather dine at places where I can wear whatever clothes and shoes I choose, instead of having to dress as formally as at V&A. V&A is probably great for the style of dining that it is, but my experience there confirmed to me that I'm more of a down-home, unpretentious type of gal. So my not wanting to go there again is a reflection of my preferences, and not a negative on them. YMMV.

Via Napoli: Ad us to what seems like a long list in this thread who were underwhelmed by this place. It's raved about by many on DIS, but we found it to be very overated. Food was just ok and service was below average.

Yachtsman Stealhouse: Food was ok, but not at the level that gets preached here on DIS. We like Le Cellier much better and found this place to be very overrated as well. Didn't care for our server here either. His smiles and service seemed very fake and forced.

Neither of these places were "disgusting" but with so many places to eat at WDW there is no reason we would ever go back.

Counter Serve:
ABC Commissary. Went there the first time and it was terrible. Willing to say they may have had a bad day and tried it again; even worse. I hear it is now improved but for me fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me... Never again.

Table Serve:
Chef Mickey. Absolutely filthy food station. Unable to keep it replenished. Noisy. Kids grabbing food with their hands (not kidding) while parents just watch. And flat out horrible food, even by buffet standards.

Signature:
LeCellier. Dark. Noisy. Cramped. As for the food, very average and may actually make Outback seem like a Ruth's Chris or Mortons. Nothing signature about this place other than the price... I'll admit the pretzel bread and cheese soup was pretty good though. LOL

Last edited:
There are two that I wouldn't go to again unless they made a spectacular turnaround, Tony's Town Square and Biergarten, and it's purely because the food was disgusting at both.

The staff were great at Tony's, and the theming of both the restaurants is nice, but the "German" food is of very poor quality and Tony's has the most disgusting spaghetti bolognese I've ever had the misfortune to encounter. The DIS Unplugged review was spot on in that you can still taste the tin it came out of.

It's a shame really as the lack of quality control over the food at both venues turns what could be two very nice restaurants into places that are not worth the table credits and certainly not the cash amount.

Il Mulino was the most disappointing meal we had on property. It was several years ago and I've heard that the restaurant has improved since then.

I've been to Nine Dragons numerous times and I've thought it was mediocre every single time.

I was curious to try it, but it turns out this style of dining is just not my thing. The menu was a bit too bizarre for my taste, so I had to call ahead and arrange for items that I would like. I much appreciate that they did this and I did enjoy the customized items, but with no preparation I can just show up at places like Boma and Tusker House and find lots of foods that I like. Plus I'd rather dine at places where I can wear whatever clothes and shoes I choose, instead of having to dress as formally as at V&A. V&A is probably great for the style of dining that it is, but my experience there confirmed to me that I'm more of a down-home, unpretentious type of gal. So my not wanting to go there again is a reflection of my preferences, and not a negative on them. YMMV.
This really sums up why we won't ever be trying V&A unless someone were to invite us alone (which is extremely unlikely to ever happen, knowing the people I know who would ever go to Disney)
It's not even a cost thing, it could be the same price as say, Citricos and we'd pass. It's the formality combined with the menu. Even knowing how far they go to find something you like.
I'm slightly curious to see inside but know I would never be comfortable and DH even less. The man doesn't like to wear pants! Even in the winter it has to be in single digits before he wears pants if it's not to work. We are small Southern town folk and formal dining is just not something we do. We accept this. ESPN Club is our idea of a perfect venue, lots of beer choices, loud with lots of TVs to watch sports on. Probably as far from V&A as one can be.

Le Cellier. They served me a burnt steak (it was supposed to be medium well), the atmosphere wasn't great with small & tightly packed tables, and that not-so-great dinner for two cost about $150.

I've had three mediocre meals there and I'm done with the place. The wait staff has also been consistently rude.

This really sums up why we won't ever be trying V&A unless someone were to invite us alone (which is extremely unlikely to ever happen, knowing the people I know who would ever go to Disney)
It's not even a cost thing, it could be the same price as say, Citricos and we'd pass. It's the formality combined with the menu. Even knowing how far they go to find something you like.
I'm slightly curious to see inside but know I would never be comfortable and DH even less. The man doesn't like to wear pants! Even in the winter it has to be in single digits before he wears pants if it's not to work. We are small Southern town folk and formal dining is just not something we do. We accept this. ESPN Club is our idea of a perfect venue, lots of beer choices, loud with lots of TVs to watch sports on. Probably as far from V&A as one can be.

We're not from a small town, but I wear dress clothes everyday and have no desire to do so on vacation. We are usually at Disney for 2 full weeks and have zero desire to try to cram dress clothes into the already full suitcase.

The whole stuffy restaurant thing just isn't for us anyway, I'm happier at ESPN club to...lol.

Akershus. It's the only place we ate that I would not want to go back to. I liked the cold appetizer buffet pretty well since there was a really good variety, but the main course and desserts were definitely not our taste. They were not bad or gross, just not our style. I got the meat balls, which were great, but they put a fruit sauce of some sort on them and it absolutely ruined it for me. The desserts were also odd for us. Guess we just don't like northern European food?

Akershus. It's the only place we ate that I would not want to go back to. I liked the cold appetizer buffet pretty well since there was a really good variety, but the main course and desserts were definitely not our taste. They were not bad or gross, just not our style. I got the meat balls, which were great, but they put a fruit sauce of some sort on them and it absolutely ruined it for me. The desserts were also odd for us. Guess we just don't like northern European food?
Was it lingonberry sauce? That is the traditional accompaniment to meatballs in Scandinavia (at least Sweden, and I know that Epcot Norway is not too precious to mix them together)

Was it lingonberry sauce? That is the traditional accompaniment to meatballs in Scandinavia (at least Sweden, and I know that Epcot Norway is not too precious to mix them together)
Probably. Like I said, it wasn't bad, just not my taste. I didn't like the flavors together. If one likes traditional Scandinavian meatballs, it will probably suit them well since the flavors were good individually.

Rain Forest. No having a fake storm doesn't hide the fact that they have no service

They are like this at the restaurant near us too. Servers disappear, kitchen is slow. The kids love the fake storm but I cringe. Thankfully we don’t need to go at Disney since we can be ignored at home (doesn’t stop the kids from asking though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter