What restaurants have your younger kids enjoyed? (under 8 years old)

MeridaMerida

Mouseketeer
I know mood can be everything that day, but what are your kids' favorite restaurants at Disney?
Could be for food or atmosphere.

Last edited:
Honestly at that age you can’t go wrong most places. If your kid is a picky eater just look at the menus to see if they have something they like. My kids are picky - and on vacation in Disney world of all places is not the place I want to get upset my kids won’t eat their food.

My daughter is not too impressed with any restaurant... she is a picky eater that wants plain pasta 95% of the time. From an experience perspective though, she really enjoyed Skipper Canteen, Beaches and Cream, and Restaurant Marrakesh on most recent visit. She is 6 BTW.

(She also told me that the green beans at Flying Fish were the best green beans she had ever had - but not sure thats a good reason to visit a restaurant lol)

My son really loves a lot of Disney dining. He's now 10 and we've been going yearly since he was 4. The ones he asks for every year are:

Garden Grill
Sci-Fi
Coral Reef
Beaches & Cream
Biergarten
Whispering Canyon
Ohana (breakfast)
Crystal Palace
and the last couple of years his #1 choice is Yachtsman because he loves steak.

DD7:
CRT (dinner)
Bon Voyage Breakfast
TRex
HDD
Raglan Road
Garden Grill (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
SciFi (although she paid NO attention to the movie clips and just colored, she claims she loved it there)

My DD6 is very picky, but she and DS 2 both enjoyed:

CRT (breakfast and lunch)
Bon Voyage breakfast
50s PTC
Via Napoli
1900 Park Fare (breakfast and dinner)
BOG (all meals, but especially dinner)
Coral Reef

In no particular order --- they really don't complain about many places in Disney, but faves are:

Sci Fi, Beaches and Cream , BoG, The Wave, Via Napoli -- and they are now obsessed with Blaze !

DD8’s favorites are Garden Grill breakfast, Sci-fi, Whispering Canyon, Via Napoli, California Grill, Yachtsman and Be Our Guest. She has enjoyed everywhere we’ve eaten at Disney but these are what she listed as the best.

DD8 (now 9) loved Jiko’s, Tusker House (B), Garden Grill (B), Beaches and Cream, BoG (B), and Tiffins.

In no particular order --- they really don't complain about many places in Disney, but faves are:

Sci Fi, Beaches and Cream , BoG, The Wave, Via Napoli -- and they are now obsessed with Blaze !
We have a Blaze Pizza about 10 mins from our house. I don’t see the appeal. We have a number of places just like it (MOD Pizza, Pie5), and others that are a TON better.... like Grimaldi Pizza. Yum!

Is the one in DS different then the other Blaze Fast Fire’d stores?

On our first visit the boys were 1, 5 and 10- they particularly enjoyed Crystal Palace and Garden Grill. We didn't do either on our next trip (a shared vacation) .... both have been requested for our upcoming trip.

My kids aren't picky in the usual ways, so their favorites were the signatures and other places with more interesting/varied kids menu choices. California Grill was a particular favorite with all my kids when they were little, mostly because the service is very family-oriented. From goldfish crackers with the bread course to waitstaff that suggest Shirley Temples and add extra cherries, to a pretty good kids menu and one of the best kids desserts on property (rice krispy-and-fruit snack sushi), it is probably the most kid friendly of the signature restaurants.

As far as theme goes, they really liked Sci-Fi and Coral Reef. Teppan Edo was a favorite until we got a teppanyaki restaurant somewhat close to home and the novelty of the cooking style wore off, and they've always liked Ohana (which I don't actually love, because I'm not big on meat-meat-meat).

My kids favorites have been Ohana, Sanaa, and Boma. (Apparently they're into places that end in A.) I'd characterize them both as being fairly adventurous because they'll try just about anything. They were 4 and 8 the last time were were at WDW.

Ohana and Sanaa are still pretty much right up their alley in terms of current preferences.

Surveyed my kids. Specific mention went to Crystal Palace breakfast, 'Ohana breakfast, and Sci-Fi.

Our boys (8 & 4) like the following:
TS: Chef Mickey, Tusker House, Garden Grill, Ohana Dinner, 1900 Park Fare and Whispering Canyon. Although, this year they all want to eat at Satuli Canteen in Pandora for their birthday.

My girls are 6 and 2 and little foodies. Pretty much anything characters or in a castle gets high marks, as does Crystal Palace. Bonus points for characters IN a castle, of course, so this upcoming trip we will have the Castle Trifecta: Akershus, BOG dinner, and CRT, all of which my 6yo knows to request by name.

The older one also likes California Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter