What restaurants have your younger kids enjoyed? (under 8 years old)

We went with our granddaughters, ages 8,6, and 4, and their favorites were Teppan Edo for the entertainment, Sanaa for the bread service, and CRT for the atmosphere and princesses.

My kids did not complain about anywhere we are on our last trip! They were 4, 6 and 8.
Quick service we are at cosmic rays, Pinocchio villiage haus, the qs in Mexico in epcot, Wolfgang puck express...all winners for them

Table service we are at sci fi, Tusker house, crystal palace (their favorite of the character meals!), trails end, chef Mickey

My 17 year old daughter is a carnivore. On our 1st trip in 2006 she declared that OHana's was the best ever. Every trip since I have had to make ADR's for 2 night there. She still loves the place.

My girls are 7 and 3. Their favorites are Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table, Be Our Guest, Crystal Palace, Beaches and Cream, and 'Ohana.

My daughter isn't too picky when it comes to food. I don't think there was any place that she didn't have a problem finding something to eat with the kids menu choices. As for atmosphere, she really liked Sci-Fi diner (the Tom and Jerry cartoons in between Sci-Fi clips were a hit) and Coral Reef (the aquarium). We did a few character meals and she was fine with those as well.

I have two boys. Their favourites were and still are:

Crystal palace breakfast
Tusker house breakfast
Ohana dinner
Sci fi dine inn
T. rex
Beaches and Cream
They also liked via Napoli because of the pizza!

Biergarten. It is a must do for both DD and DH. DD has loved it since she was 3 and still loves it at age 11. To say she was a Princess Obsessed child is an understatement, and she always ranked it up there with Princess meals as her favorite.

Outside of Biergarten, she loved CRT (for eating in the castle with the Princess, more than the food) and as a huge Cinderella fan she liked 1900 Park Fare dinner for the characters. She is a huge character nut, so Crystal Palace (Pooh Characters) and Tusker house would also be on her list.

My kids favorites have been Ohana, Sanaa, and Boma. (Apparently they're into places that end in A.) I'd characterize them both as being fairly adventurous because they'll try just about anything. They were 4 and 8 the last time were were at WDW.

Ohana and Sanaa are still pretty much right up their alley in terms of current preferences.
Did they like Ohana for breakfast or dinner? My DD is not too into the costume characters..she is 5 and already suspicious. Also, we were thinking of going to Sanaa this trip but are staying at the Dolphin and thought it might not be worth it to take the trek. What do you think? Thanks!

My girls are 13 and 7. E who is 7 LOVEs Sci Fi, Garden Grill, and Trails End. M who is 13 loves Ohana (she loves shrimp and saying they have giant shrimp this is a plus!)

Mom Note: I love Garden grill and Trails end for a couple of reasons...... Garden grill has separate booths and is a nice place to just chill while you eat and the character interaction is really great compared to other places! Trails End is great because they have a great playground the kids can run around before or after they eat to run off some energy =)!

Well my twin boys had just turned 9 before our last trip so around the same age - i would say that most restaurants can interest kids. We did BOG for lunch, crystal palace lunch, garden grill, Biergarten, mama melrose, coral reef -- my boys enjoyed each one. Each restaurant is going to have a different aspect that interests the kids -- we loved BOG and sat in the west wing. It is kind of dark in there but i think it has many interesting aspects with he picture and the rose. Coral reef -- has the amazingly large tank. Biergarten we happen to hit when they were doing their show and just the environment of feeling like you are out side is cool.

Any character meal will interest them, as long as they are not scared of them.

I think food wise Disney will have something to offer that your kid will like -- the usual kid staples - chicken tenders, hot dogs, mac and cheese.

This coming trip with our 12 yo twin boys and 4DD we have booked - biergarten, brown derby, ohana dinner, kona breakfast, crystal palace dinner, BOG lunch, Tusker for breakfast, Boma breakfast and Sanaa, liberty tree. We did not pick these solely because of the kids we picked because they generally get good reviews and we were able to sprinkle a few character meals in. With older kids you have an idea of what they will like to eat. With younger kids (like my 4DD) you don't know what they will be in the mood for. Some times DD will just want mac and cheese and other times she is happy as a pig with a nice steak. Can't figure her out!

Try to plan restaurants so that you will be happy with the food quality and the kids will be happy with the environment. Some times there is a compromise if you want to do a character meal BUT the food is just so-so. You are paying a lot so try to keep everyone happy.

My son, who is pretty picky and 9 now (was 8 on our last trip and 6 before that) loved the following:
CA Grill - he got the adult filet with a side of kid's housemade mac and cheese and it is the best meal he has ever eaten
Sci Fi - loves the atmosphere and the milkshakes
Garden Grill breakfast - loves tater tots dipped in chocolate hazelnut sauce. great character interaction, great food.
Biergarten - loved the food and entertainment. the kid ate his weight in schnitzel and mac and cheese
Ohana - he was not a fan of the sides but he LOVED the steak and ate his weight in that as well, with a side of mac and cheese they brought him and he also loved both the brownie cupcake they bring kids and the banana bread pudding, hold the bananas

honorable mention goes to Sanaa for the bread service, the rest of the kid menu he barely touched but it was late on our travel day and we were tired.

Did they like Ohana for breakfast or dinner? My DD is not too into the costume characters..she is 5 and already suspicious. Also, we were thinking of going to Sanaa this trip but are staying at the Dolphin and thought it might not be worth it to take the trek. What do you think? Thanks!

Dinner for Ohana. We've never been for breakfast, but I'd like to go sometime!

Sanaa is worth it IMO, especially if you'll have a car. Both times we've been we were seated near the windows so we could watch the animals. I think the food is also a nice departure from typical theme park fare.

My girls are really not picky eaters. But for TS My 4 year daughter old Loves Coral Reef and CRT. My 6 year old daughter Loves Sci-Fi and CRT. They both love Chef Mickey's for the "Party" atmosphere with the singing and napkin twirling. For QS my 6 yo loves Casey's Corner and my 4 yo loves Friars Nook.

It really depends on your kids. Just because my kids have liked every restaurant we have tried over the last 5 years does not mean yours will. Show them menus and places, let them have a hand in the choices. Allowing our kids to participate in the planning has worked out well for us as they are family vacations, after all.

Chef Mickey, O’hana (breakfast and lunch), Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon Café (breakfast and dinner), Cinderella‘s Royal Table, TeppanEdo, 50s Primetime Cafe, ScI-Fi, Liberty Tree Tavern (character dinner - I think it’s gone now??). Many other pretty good restaurants on our list but those are the ones my “little” kids loved the most

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!