What sort of rooms at BWV?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Because of the make up of my family...I truly am wondering what to do...next year for the WDW part of the anniversary party. We have the points at BWV.

We are:
2 Adults:love:
Family with 2 adults and 3 children ages 3 (F), 4(M) and 5(F)
1 Single adult son
1 Single adult son's girlfriend
1 Adult, my DSis

The Single adult son's girlfriend gets her own studio by request.

Would the rest of us sleep comfortably in the GV? We have asked our family for input, but deciding where to sleep a year ahead of time seemed to tax their brains too much. Especially my 1 DS who doesn't particularly like WDW. At VB we have 1 additional adult, and so have a Beach Cottage and 2 OVIR.

DDiL does not like the children to sleep on sofa beds until they get older and can't possibly (or less likely to) fall between bars, or parts of sofa beds. This is what is leaning me towards the GV where there are real beds.

Please give me your input. We have about 450 points to "spend" on this part of the vacation, which will be for 3 nights and will include a Saturday.

Thank you.

Bobbi:confused3

I would go for the GV! What other time would you get one! A split stay between a BWV GV and a BC at VB!! Sweet!

I really don't have any practical advice since I haven't stayed in a GV and haven't planned a large trip.

With out knowing your family, I would place...

GV

Master - you and DH of course! :cloud9:

Bdrm 2 - The whole family (2 adults and 3 kids). I would buy a little ready bed for one of the little ones and let them all bunk together. The kids might feel better being close to their parents as well. (It might be a little crowded but it will free up the living room.;) )

Bdrm 3 - DSis and DS. I hope they like each other, but at least they each get their own queen beds.

This leaves the living area free of sleepers! Anyone who is awake can be there.

OK. now your probably shaking your head, laughing, saying that's not going to work!

I have to tell you Bobbi, the GV at OKW or SSR can't be beat for space. They are both two stories and HUGE. OKW has a HUGE balcony as well!! We love it!! If you haven't had a chance to see them yourself, you can view the floor plans on the DVC website.

Lucky you!!! I'd love to stay at the VB cottage!!:)

I'm not laughing...I want to know what a "ready bed" is. We will be having some practice in October with a dedicated 2 bedroom at VWL. Last year, the little one was 1 and slept in the pack and play..since she now sleeps in a real bed at home, I doubt that she will sleep in one this year. So, we were thinking that the Dad, our DS, will probably be sleeping in the living room.

I agree about the GV, this is our chance, until this time, we haven't even had a BW view at BWV!...although we had a Village Green view once.

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. DSis is that DS's godmother, and they get along fabulously, they are both just a tad wild!!!!:lmao:

PPS. I just did a search for "ready bed" and I see! I sent a link to DS and DDiL to ask their opinion. Thanks!!!

A ready bed is like a mini version of an aero bed with a sleeping bag inbedded for little ones. They are smaller then an regular twin aero bed so could be packed easier and with some fun characters making it very attactive to preschoolers. My little one wanted one that was on clearance Target a year or so ago but I didn't have any reason to buy one. OK she just came by and saw the picture and really wants one.

http://www.readybed.com/

Disney_Princess_Ready_Bed-resized200.jpg

ETA: I've really got to read the whole post before replying!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter