What to do if your CP child is being harassed by a Disney Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brook W

Earning My Ears
I have a daughter that just started in the College program. This has been her dream her whole life. Right away she told me that she has been sexually harassed by one of the managers. She asked some of the other women why he has not been reported. They said that Dan Cockerell really likes this manager so they they are afraid to report him. My daughter told me some of his disgusting behavior and I can't believe this guy still has a job. She is a strong woman and decided to report him anyway. This gave courage for two other girls to report him as well. I talked to her on the phone today to find out what happened. He just got a slap on the wrist. I looked on this guys social media. I found all kinds of disgusting behavior. Does anyone know of a name or email address of someone in HR she can escalate this to? As a father this makes me so angry. He even threatened her. He told her that if she reported him that he would make her life a living hell. This guy needs to be gone.

They don't fire people for sexual harassment.

HR is there to protect the employer (Disney), not the employee.

Tell your daughter to read her employee handbook; it should have the answers you seek.

Tell your daughter to read her employee handbook; it should have the answers you seek.

https://cepfranco.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/employee-policy-manual-02-2016.pdf. Pages 8-9 give some nice lip service but I can tell you none of those policies are being followed. She is now experiencing retaliation. I hope this is a good warning to those sending your daughters down there about how they handle sexual predators.

You should be proud of your daughter for filing a report. I hope the company does the right thing and addresses this appropriately. I don't know enough about how Disney responds to this sort of thing to offer specific advice, but the companies I've worked for this take sexual harassment charges very seriously. Written documentation of the offenses is important, especially is there is any kind of ongoing retaliation.

Good luck.

You should be proud of your daughter for filing a report. I hope the company does the right thing and addresses this appropriately. I don't know enough about how Disney responds to this sort of thing to offer specific advice, but the companies I've worked for this take sexual harassment charges very seriously. Written documentation of the offenses is important, especially is there is any kind of ongoing retaliation.

Good luck.
For now he has been demoted pending an investigation.... So we will see.

She needs to take good notes of every meeting she has, when, where, who was there, what was said, what was promised, what was done. If she knows the others who filed a complaint she should tell them to also keep good notes. Take screen shots of his inappropriate social media. If he identifies himself as a Disney employee, take screen shots of that also. Document any retaliation (date/time/incident) and report.

If she does not achieve satisfaction she should escalate the complaint to the Florida Commission on Human Relations.
https://fchr.myflorida.com/. She will need the specifics I indicated above for them act on her complaint.

This is horrible! I have a son there now in the CP. No one should have to be subjected to this! I can't believe Disney is putting a blind eye to this.

And good for DD! I bet this weirdo figures that the CP students are afraid to report him. Please keep us updated on what happens.

As much as we all like to believe whatever is posted, please remember the man in question has not been proven to be guilty of anything yet. So comments about "Disney turning a blind eye" are unwarranted. Especially if there is an investigation going on.

Sorry, but I just hate the whole tone of a person makes an accusation, so the accused MUST BE GUILTY. If the manager is proven guilty, that is one thing. But that isn't the case yet.

When you say 'they' are you talking about Disney?

Because I know of several people who have been fired for sexual harassment in other work places.

When you say 'they' are you talking about Disney?

Because I know of several people who have been fired for sexual harassment in other work places.

Seriously. People get fired for sexual harassment ALL THE TIME. You know what happens when they don't? The accuser sues the company and it costs the company a whole lot of money. Companies prefer to avoid public lawsuits and the associated press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!