What to request for kidani standard view

quandrea

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in a standard view for the first time. What should I request in an effort to get a nice view?

We will be staying in a standard view for the first time. What should I request in an effort to get a nice view?

When we stayed there in June I saw more concerned about getting a room close to the lobby and elevators since the hallways are so long so that's what I requested, that gave us a room right to the left of the front of the resort. Very pretty

Thanks. We've always stayed far down the hall close to jambo. Always like the stroll to jambo. Not so much to the pool. Did you just ask to be near the lobby? Any other thoughts. I don't mind a long walk.

Thanks. We've always stayed far down the hall close to jambo. Always like the stroll to jambo. Not so much to the pool. Did you just ask to be near the lobby? Any other thoughts. I don't mind a long walk.

Yes, just requested close to lobby. Maybe request poolside to get a glimpse of the pool. I know there are some reclassified rooms on the pembe savanna that are standard but you get a view of the people pen so maybe request pembe savanna. We are staying at Jambo in May in a standard studio. Hoping to get pool view :)

We have always requested and paid for Savannah view. I really enjoy getting to see the animals from the balcony while we are in the room.

That said, we have been assigned rooms twice on Pembe savannah, which are supposedly savannah view. Some of the rooms on Pembe savannah are reclassified as standard view. Compared to the Sunset savannah, the Pembe savannah is disappointing. The animals are not out between 6:30-9 am or so, which when we are in the room, and I would like to stay out on the balcony and watch animals while I have breakfast. The view on the Pembe savannah is unkempt and depressing compared to the rest of the savannah, and you can see, and I have pictures of, some unattractive, non-Disney buildings in the vicinity. If I had reserved a standard view, expecting a view of a parking lot, I would be ecstatic to get a view of Pembe savannah. But, on the other hand, if I were going to reserve a standard view, I would probably stay at one of the other DVC resorts. Many are closer to parks, or use fewer points than Kidani. I don't mind spending more points, for example, to stay at BLT to walk to Magic Kingdom, or BCV to walk to Epcot or Hollywood studios. But, to me, the point to staying at AKV is to see the animals.

We've always stayed savannah but I am points poor and want to catch up. Okw is about the same as a standard akl but dh's allergies are terrible at okw so this is a compromise.

5th floor , Close to lobby, on wing closer to jambo house. we had a standard view above the bus stop on 5th floor. We were able to see wishes in the distance from our balcony.

Do you ever feel you miss the savannah view?

Honestly no not really have stayed standard and savanna view and while I love drinking my coffee on the balcony and watching the animals it just not worth the extra cash to me. We are rarely in our rooms to really enjoy the view

5th floor , Close to lobby, on wing closer to jambo house. we had a standard view above the bus stop on 5th floor. We were able to see wishes in the distance from our balcony.

Thanks for this. I like being on the wing closer to jambo. We like to walk over there.

Possible standard requests at Kidani to consider (but they put you on north wing furthest from Jambo):

Room closer to the Rafiki elevator, high floor. That would put you on the north side with a pool area view and if you get a room just north of the Rafiki elevator you will have a partial view when looking right (North) from your balcony of Pembe at its southermost point. Also that elevator provides the shortest walk from the building to the pool.

Room near the Pumba elevator (or close to a standard GV), lower floor. That area, which is quite a walk from the lobby, is where previous savanna view rooms were converted to standard because the fence defining the outer limit of the Pembe savanna comes in close to the building there. The two standard GVs are in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter