What to try at Homcomin

We celebrated our anniversary there 2 weeks ago. It is so highly recommended and hyped up, that I guess we were a little disappointed.
We split the chicken dinner, as the waitress said it was ALOT of food. She was right. 2 dinners would have been way too much for us. We only had iced tea for drinks, one dinner, and hush puppies for appetizer and it came to over 70 dollars.
I confess that I was not too impressed with the food. I know this goes against what most people think. The mashed potatoes were very thin and you could eat them with a spoon. They also had some spice in them that I don't care for. The chicken was fine, but not outstanding. The hushpuppies were okay.

I guess we might have had our hopes too high, and it didn't meet our expectations. I don't know. I do know we were disappointed.

I don't want to rain on your parade, as most of the reviews I've read rave about it. It just wasn't for us. I would try it for myself though.

We split the chicken dinner.

We only had iced tea for drinks, one dinner, and hush puppies for appetizer and it came to over 70 dollars.

I think you must have gotten someone else’s bill. The fried chicken dinner is $28, the hush puppies are $10. So to be over $70, you spent at least $33 on iced tea. Even if you were including tax and tip, it doesn’t add up.

I think you must have gotten someone else’s bill. The fried chicken dinner is $28, the hush puppies are $10. So to be over $70, you spent at least $33 on iced tea. Even if you were including tax and tip, it doesn’t add up.

Maybe, but the bill was $70.00 and we paid it. I know things are expensive, so we never questioned it. But it was $70.00 Live and learn!

My husband have a lunch reservation on our D.S day and Im really looking fwd to it we will share the deviled eggs, both get our own thigh high chicken biscuits and share a mac and cheese! We figured dessert would be at Amorettes...

We celebrated our anniversary there 2 weeks ago. It is so highly recommended and hyped up, that I guess we were a little disappointed.
We split the chicken dinner, as the waitress said it was ALOT of food. She was right. 2 dinners would have been way too much for us. We only had iced tea for drinks, one dinner, and hush puppies for appetizer and it came to over 70 dollars.
I confess that I was not too impressed with the food. I know this goes against what most people think. The mashed potatoes were very thin and you could eat them with a spoon. They also had some spice in them that I don't care for. The chicken was fine, but not outstanding. The hushpuppies were okay.

I guess we might have had our hopes too high, and it didn't meet our expectations. I don't know. I do know we were disappointed.

I don't want to rain on your parade, as most of the reviews I've read rave about it. It just wasn't for us. I would try it for myself though.

I wonder if they rang the iced tea up as the moonshine tea. I just checked out the menu and no soft drink prices but assuming $4 each for iced tea, with tax and 20% tip on post tax amount it's about $59. If both teas were the boozy teas it would bring it up over $70.

I wonder if they rang the iced tea up as the moonshine tea. I just checked out the menu and no soft drink prices but assuming $4 each for iced tea, with tax and 20% tip on post tax amount it's about $59. If both teas were the boozy teas it would bring it up over $70.
Could be! I think they just ran up 2 dinners, instead of one? That would bring it closer to 70 dollars.
We hardly ever check a receipt Closely, but you better believe we will from now on!
It's kind of sad, when you think about it, that $70 seems right for one dinner, nonalcoholic drinks and one appetizer at WDW.

We are headed there this summer and those deviled eggs look very good to me.

Does anyone know if you can get grab and go sandwich at sit down? I really want to try the chicken sandwich but do not want the chips. Grab and go has sandwich for 10 vs at sit down its 17 with the chips I do not really want.

We went twice ( dinner & lunch) on our last trip. For dinner we got the 2 piece Fried Chicken with Donuts & Mashed Potatoes and the Shrimp n Grits. Enjoyed both very much, the shrimp used were large/ jumbo which is better than the medium ones some places use.
At lunch we split the BBQ Pork sandwich and the Fried Chicken sandwich along with a side of the Cucumber Salad. Both the sandwiches were very good and the salad was excellent. Will be back on our next trip.

I had the Grouper with greens and potatoes.

It was awesome.

I see now that it comes with some sort of carrot side dish instead of potatoes, but I'm sure they'd sub that out for you.

For all of you that like Homecoming would you agree this is the best option in DS right now? Last time there we ate at Raglan Road which was fine, but not trip worthy.

For all of you that like Homecoming would you agree this is the best option in DS right now? Last time there we ate at Raglan Road which was fine, but not trip worthy.

I would say that it is the best option for that type of food. I mean, if you want sushi, or pizza, it would be a very poor choice. :-)

We had the fried chicken and the chopped pork platter. The food was great. The mac and cheese was amazing and I am not a big fan of mac and cheese. We couldn't finish and did not have room for dessert unfortunately.

I think the best thing on the Homecomin' menu are the drinks! And the hummingbird cake. The pulled pork platter I had was just okay but the drinks are more unique than what you'll find at most Disney restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter