What to wear in mid-December (next week)?

Lovetherodent

Sleep Is For The Weak!
Forecasted highs, which I know can change, are for two days mid-60s and then rising to mid-70s by week's end. Do you bring a jacket? Dress for the high because temps rise quickly and sunny always feels warmer? I'm trying to pack light for the parks as I hate getting on rides with a lot of "stuff!"

Forecasted highs, which I know can change, are for two days mid-60s and then rising to mid-70s by week's end. Do you bring a jacket? Dress for the high because temps rise quickly and sunny always feels warmer? I'm trying to pack light for the parks as I hate getting on rides with a lot of "stuff!"

Definitely bring a jacket for evenings. If it’s sunny, you’ll be ok during the day but after dark it gets cold quick if the high is under 70. If you aren’t going back to the hotel before evening, I would get a locker.

I agree with DebbieB. With highs in the mid 60's the lows will be down in the 40's. Add a little breeze and it will be chilly later in the evening and especially brisk waiting for rope drop in the morning before the sun starts to warm things up.

We always have our wind block hoodies ready for the day, or two, after the cold fronts go through.

We were quite happy to have them last Tuesday morning for a very brisk ferry ride over to the MK. It was around 50F, partly cloudy, with a brisk wind out of the northwest. Florida in December can be chilly.

One word - layers. I visit in December and January every year. I don’t even look at the forecast anymore because our winter weather is all over the place. I pack 50/50 capris and long pants, mostly short sleeve shirts with a couple long sleeved shirts to layer over, and then two jackets I can layer ( a hoodie and a heavy fleece). Sometimes it’s warm enough I don’t need the jackets at all, and sometimes it’s cold enough I need both jackets and two shirts. Wearing layers also makes it easy to stay comfortable from a chilly morning through a temperate afternoon and into a chilly evening. You can rent a locker or bring a backpack to carry items you aren’t using at the moment. Don’t forget a rain poncho or two, and your swimsuit. It can be in the 40’s one day and the 80’s two days later ( last week was like that - really cold Wednesday and record highs by Saturday).

We pack layers. Cold seems to be different in DIsney, and while I am used to frigid temps in CT, I find that if I am standing, either for an attraction or for a show or parade, the cold seems to seep in. I bring a hoodie or jacket with me, and then if it is warm no problems, but if it gets drafty or cool in the evening, i am covered.

We had a 40 deg swing last week. Our first day in parks it was 47 - we had pants, long sleeves, short sleeves over the long sleeves (cuz it was a cute shirts) and sweatshirts. It was cold the first two mornings but doable. 3rd day (I think it was 65) we brought long sleeves for backups, but I don't think we needed them. By the end of our trip it was 85 and humid the last two days. We didn't need layers except when it rained and a poncho kept us warm enough. We were at the park at 10pm that night and were fine.

When the sun is out it is warm... when the sun goes down even at 60 its cold! Bring layers... you never really know!

Layers, when we were there around Halloween this year, days were delightful, gorgeous, but night were chilly! December weather is cooler, if sun is out days can be very pleasant..dress warm at night!:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter