What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

WebmasterJohn

Genius
Administrator
The running joke these days seems to be that Toilet Paper is selling out everywhere. This was certainly true of our local supermarket when Kevin and I went yesterday. Luckily I am a longtime TP hoarder and we have enough to get through this and probably sell some for profit....

I was shocked by the other stuff that was sold out in our supermarket. For example the Cheez Its section looked like it had been looted. However the canned foods were stocked full :)

What is something that is sold out at your local supermarket that surprises you?

I went to 3 stores yesterday and bananas were sold out at every one. Who the heck is hoarding the bananas? All the other produce was stocked. The first store we went to had no oatmilk of any kind. Oatmilk? Really? I didn't know that many people even drank oatmilk? Luckily the third place had that but I had to stop at Starbucks this morning just to get a banana.

I don't know what it was because I can't read those tiny labels with the abbreviated words that say things like, "WH SPACE SH $9.99"
But they did have 4 mega packs of toilet paper. In the whole store. 4 packs. That was it. The day before they had NONE. Because a little old lady was approaching and I like to think about my community, I only took two.

Just got back and it was SO stressful. Produce and fresh meat are essentially gone. Limits of two breads TOTAL (buns, rolls, loaves or tortillas, etc.), limit 1 carton eggs per family. As well as limits on boxes, cans, dairy, etc but many sections are fully gone. Hour check out wait while a manager comes by to ensure you aren’t over many limits.

We have SINGLE digit Coronavirus cases in our whole state.

This...is nuts.

Last edited:
Eggs. Can't get them anywhere (UK) and sweetcorn. Could be an interesting health kick though as wholegrain pasta, vegan food and gluten free were all available!

Pepsi - hubby was at Target yesterday and an older gentleman was not very friendly with an employee over the lack of Pepsi. All Pepsi gone except 20 ounce bottles up front.

I just have to comment that - for whatever reasons (snow, another natural disaster, the current situation) it makes me SO sad to see people's inhumanity to others, selfishness, and less than logical behavior, as they lose their ever loving minds at times like this. :( :( :(

My husband saw a lady at Walmart with an entire cart full of canned greenbeans.
I'm hoping she's taking them to a food pantry but...
Another lady had a cart full of Gatorade. No tp at Walmart. I feel like people are confusing this with a stomach bug..lol.
I've never seen anything so crazy in my life.

It's not even close to being over. It's about to get worse. Wait till you can't get get a can of spam or oysters in a can or worse yet a cauliflower pizza crust

It's not even close to being over. It's about to get worse. Wait till you can't get get a can of spam or oysters in a can or worse yet a cauliflower pizza crust

how can it “get worse”? Supermarkets are empty already lol

by the way if you want TP, go to the dollar store. I went yesterday and they were still fully stocked on... pretty much everything.

how can it “get worse”? Supermarkets are empty already lol
I think the poster meant as more and more cases emerge, and people get even CRAZIER., scooping up even the "unusual" things mentioned in the post. :(

The only explanation I can possibly even BEGIN to fathom in all of this is that people want to CONTROL what they think they CAN, because everything feels so OUT OF CONTROL to them right now, and they also are letting panic, and less than reasonable thoughts control their minds, and emotions, in that effort to exert some sort of control. Does not make it right by any means, I certainly do't CONDONE, and will not EXHIBIT this type of behavior, but I was trying to at least TRY and make some SENSE out of it. Maybe I'm totally off the mark, but it's what I came up with.

Last edited:
Costco was raided everything was off the shelves, everything.

So people can’t travel or be at Disney but can be jammed packed together at super markets.
One of My friends just shared she heard the Costco and Walmart in DC were closed due to the crowds & virus concerns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter