What 'unusual' thing is sold out at your supermarket?

Yeah, not a fan of Dasani - has an "off" taste to me. So does Aquafina. I also don't personally care for Fiji water, for "texture" reasons (again, additives), as @Lilsia mentioned. Plus - it's WILDLY overpriced, as far as i'm concerned. But that's all IMHO, of course.

The tap water in my current, and former, residences was extremely hard, and had an off taste to me in my current. I bought a faucet-mounted filter, change the cartridge often, and love the taste now. :)

Saw something on the news tonight that made my heart smile. Grey's Anatomy, and Station 19 (I watch the 1st one, not the 2nd, even though it's a spinoff, but might have to start watching now)) both donated masks and other medical supplies to the response effort out in CA. Bravo!!!

Last edited:

WRT bottled water - I can hardly drink Zephyr Hills/Deer Park/Poland Springs. I would almost take Florida water over those brands!

Cheese! I guess folks are hedging their bets against running out of TP! 😝

I’m with everyone else though—onions? I mean, I use them in everything too. But why aren’t they being restocked? They get harvested more throughout the year than potatoes, right? Any produce farmers on here know?

Turkey season opens here next weekend so I won’t have to worry about the chicken shortage anymore!

I think lots of people are into baking right now, at least if my own kitchen and my social media feed is any indication!

Today, my store was out of Honey Smacks - we don't normally buy sugary cereals, but we bought a box at the beginning of this pandemic and I had a hankering for more. They were out of both the normal one and the generic brand. All other sugar cereals were available.

🤷‍♀️ Oreo Cookies ... Where are all the Oreos?!?! (& Ice Cream)
We are fully stocked on essentials. It is warming up here in Texas. We wanted a splurge to get us through this home quarantine period.
At first, we couldn't find ice cream. So, we decided to break out the ice cream machine and make homemade ice cream.
Then, we asked the kids what kind of ice cream they wanted us to make ... Oreo Ice Cream
Now, we can't find Oreos anywhere! 🤦‍♀️
But, our local stores are able to keep toilet paper and paper towels in stock now that every household has a year's supply.
So, I guess "First World Problem".
Does anyone have an Oreo recipe? 👩‍🍳

🤷‍♀️ Oreo Cookies ... Where are all the Oreos?!?! (& Ice Cream)
We are fully stocked on essentials. It is warming up here in Texas. We wanted a splurge to get us through this home quarantine period.
At first, we couldn't find ice cream. So, we decided to break out the ice cream machine and make homemade ice cream.
Then, we asked the kids what kind of ice cream they wanted us to make ... Oreo Ice Cream
Now, we can't find Oreos anywhere! 🤦‍♀️
But, our local stores are able to keep toilet paper and paper towels in stock now that every household has a year's supply.
So, I guess "First World Problem".
Does anyone have an Oreo recipe? 👩‍🍳
I saw plenty of Oreos in NC. We have had just finished our supply. We are known in our community as Oreo's mom and dad (see the cute dog in avatar...I should update that sometime).

I found a new one today! Pimentos! We needed some things for my Nan anyway and I wanted to make potato salad. Had to buy the expensive Goya ones and there were only a couple on the shelf!

As of right now, fiancé is rope dropping Trader Joe's BUT the last time I went out, we were surprised to see most of the peanut butter sold out at Aldi AND Cub, along with all the strawberry jelly and a good bit of other flavors. Never knew so many kids were around lol.
And thermometers. Could not find one in person at all and all the reusable ones were sold out online (when I checked a few times). Ended up getting a spare from fiancé's parents.

Oreo Ice Cream
I was just talking about how Oreos sounded yummy the other day. Also, fun tip in a pinch, freeze a tub of whipped cream and the consistency is like ice cream, a lot healthier though!

Could not find or my Instacart person gallon size storage ziploc like bags and shredded lettuce plus no sliced white mushrooms. I finally got some Diet Dr. Pepper.

As of right now, fiancé is rope dropping Trader Joe's BUT the last time I went out, we were surprised to see most of the peanut butter sold out at Aldi AND Cub, along with all the strawberry jelly and a good bit of other flavors. Never knew so many kids were around lol.
And thermometers. Could not find one in person at all and all the reusable ones were sold out online (when I checked a few times). Ended up getting a spare from fiancé's parents.

I was just talking about how Oreos sounded yummy the other day. Also, fun tip in a pinch, freeze a tub of whipped cream and the consistency is like ice cream, a lot healthier though!
Who would have ever thought we would be rope dropping the grocery stores. Maybe 60 day out fast passes next. Just trying to lighten the mood. Stay safe and healthy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter