What was the first music you ever bought

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
my first memory is a partridge family album , also about the same time I bought a 45 of Bridge over Troubled waters, but I leantrde a big comsumer lesson at a young age, as I assumned it was Simon and Garfunkel but when I got home found out it was Buck Owens rendition of the song

I used to buy those K-Tel albums. After that I bought things like Rod Stewart, etc.

one time I got some current hits off of TV, and it had them all at a cheap price, but when it come all songs were done by a group called "the sound effects "

Here Little Richard, 1957, 13 years old. I still have it.

All great songs....

Side one

1. "Tutti Frutti" (Richard Penniman, Dorothy LaBostrie, Joe Lubin) – 2:25
  2. "True, Fine Mama" (Penniman) – 2:43
  3. "Can't Believe You Wanna Leave" (Leo Price) – 2:28
  4. "Ready Teddy" (Robert Blackwell, John Marascalco) – 2:09
  5. "Baby" (Penniman) – 2:06
  6. "Slippin' and Slidin'" (Penniman, Eddie Bocage, Al Collins, James Smith) – 2:42
Side two

1. "Long Tall Sally" (Enotris Johnson, Blackwell, Penniman) – 2:10
  2. "Miss Ann" (Penniman, Johnson) – 2:17
  3. "Oh Why?" (Winfield Scott) – 2:09
  4. "Rip It Up" (Blackwell, Marascalco) – 2:23
  5. "Jenny, Jenny" (Johnson, Penniman) – 2:04
  6. "She's Got It" (Marascalco, Penniman) – 2:26

When that came out, my sister, (14 years old at the time, I was 20) bought it, played it incessantly, especially I Want to Hold Your Hand. I hated it!!!! However, over the years, I have learned to really enjoy their music, all of it. Including I Want to Hold Your Hand. They are probably the best musical group in history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter