What was the first music you ever bought

So riding the school bus in Oregon....you were cool if you could sing along....for some reason our parentst never gave us radios for our rooms, but there was a family record player...Why I don't know...parents did not buy musice...anyhow these are the two 45rpms....because they were slow enough to write down the words, easy to memorize, more of a story....but it did not increase my coolness...both were just silly, far out songs...that few teens in angst could relate.

Ride Captain Ride" is a song recorded by the American rock band Blues Image. The song was co-written by the band's singer-guitarist Mike Pinera and keyboardist Frank "Skip" Konte. It was included on the group's 1970 album, Open. Released as a slightly shortened single in the spring of 1970, it shot up the charts, eventually reaching No. 4 in the USA and Canadian charts, making it Blues Image's only Top 40 chart hit. It reached No. 23 in Australia.

AND THEN THIS APPLE

"Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" is a song by Paul and Linda McCartney from the album Ram. Released in the United States as a single on 2 August 1971,[1] it reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on 4 September 1971,[2][3] making it the first of a string of post-Beatles, McCartney-penned singles to top the US pop chart during the 1970s and 1980s. Billboard ranked the song as number 22 on its Top Pop Singles of 1971 year-end chart.[4] It became McCartney's first gold record as a solo artist

BUT...if you are talking MUSIC....the first album....the famous album.

and I did not know that it beat out Pinkfloyd😱😱🕰🕰🕰🤷‍♀️🌵

Christopher Cross is the self-titled debut album by Christopher Cross, released in December 1979. Recorded in mid-1979, the album was one of the early digitally recorded albums, utilizing the 3M Digital Recording System.[2] In 1981, it won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year, beating Pink Floyd's The Wall [3] and it has been noted for being one of the most influential soft rock albums of the late 1970s and early 1980s

and has influenced my life since....so much so that I can tell you that he had covid...slow recovery

so take that Billie Eilish 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

So riding the school bus in Oregon....you were cool if you could sing along....for some reason our parentst never gave us radios for our rooms, but there was a family record player...Why I don't know...parents did not buy musice...anyhow these are the two 45rpms....because they were slow enough to write down the words, easy to memorize, more of a story....but it did not increase my coolness...both were just silly, far out songs...that few teens in angst could relate.

Ride Captain Ride" is a song recorded by the American rock band Blues Image. The song was co-written by the band's singer-guitarist Mike Pinera and keyboardist Frank "Skip" Konte. It was included on the group's 1970 album, Open. Released as a slightly shortened single in the spring of 1970, it shot up the charts, eventually reaching No. 4 in the USA and Canadian charts, making it Blues Image's only Top 40 chart hit. It reached No. 23 in Australia.

AND THEN THIS APPLE

"Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey" is a song by Paul and Linda McCartney from the album Ram. Released in the United States as a single on 2 August 1971,[1] it reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 on 4 September 1971,[2][3] making it the first of a string of post-Beatles, McCartney-penned singles to top the US pop chart during the 1970s and 1980s. Billboard ranked the song as number 22 on its Top Pop Singles of 1971 year-end chart.[4] It became McCartney's first gold record as a solo artist

BUT...if you are talking MUSIC....the first album....the famous album.

and I did not know that it beat out Pinkfloyd😱😱🕰🕰🕰🤷‍♀️🌵

Christopher Cross is the self-titled debut album by Christopher Cross, released in December 1979. Recorded in mid-1979, the album was one of the early digitally recorded albums, utilizing the 3M Digital Recording System.[2] In 1981, it won the Grammy Award for Album of the Year, beating Pink Floyd's The Wall [3] and it has been noted for being one of the most influential soft rock albums of the late 1970s and early 1980s

and has influenced my life since....so much so that I can tell you that he had covid...slow recovery

so take that Billie Eilish 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

a little history, I like that, that kind f stuff interest me

I can't recall for sure, but I'd bet it was a Broadway show (or soundtrack) since that's what I was into at the time I would have started buying such things.

Bought? Beastie Boys: License to ILL.
Owned? Michael Jackson: Thriller
But honestly? It was Berenstain Bears Spooky Old Tree in my Sweet Fisher-Price tape recorder.
My first CD was Garth Brooks, I can't recall which album it was. Maybe Ropin' the Wind?
That was the first album I ever bought too :) And I have a memory of buying a Culture Club 45rpm when I was 10yo. That was probably my first music purchase.

I never really got to buy my own stuff. My parents might have gotten me stuff. but as a kid I remember having a bunch of LPs about stories and not music. I had a Six Million Dollar Man record that was more like a radio drama.

When I had my own money I think I started off with some 45s. Don't recall what would have been my first.

The first music I distinctly remember was when we had a Disney music compilation that came with box tops of Kellogg's Corn Flakes. It was maybe a 3 or 4 LP set and had most of the best know Disney songs over the years.

My very first record was a 45... The Locomotion, by Little Eva.
I don't remember my first album. It was probably in high school, maybe McCartney (self-titled) or Chicago II or Simon&Garfunkel. Or CSN (self-titled). I had them all, practically wore them out!

The first album that I remember spending my money on is probably Surivor's Eye of the Tiger.

First album I bought with my allowance by walking up to the counter and buying it was Bowie's Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. I and the album were both just under a decade old at the time, but I had heard him on the radio and was instantly a fan.

I think the first CD I bought was Elvis Costello's _ King of America
I am pretty sure I bought a CD before I bought a Vinyl, however I did buy both around same time.
I think first Vinyl I bought was Depeche Mode - Speak and Spell

I can’t remember. I remember I got $1 a week allowance, which was enough to buy one 45 single, so I bought a new one most weeks. I just don’t remember which was first.

when I was a teen, "Frampton Live" was required to be owned by all

"Frampton Comes Alive? Everybody in the world has Frampton Comes Alive. If you lived in the suburbs you were issued it. It came in the mail with samples of Tide." - Wayne Campbell 😆

First album I ever received: Fleetwood Mac-Rumors
First album I asked for: Supertramp-Breakfast in America
First Album I bought with my own money: Journey-Escape

Oh my, mine was different
Was a huge Motley Crue fan as a teen. Read their Auto Biography as an adult and 🤢:sick: Some depraved dudes. Never felt quite the same about them since.
when I was a teen, "Frampton Live" was required to be owned by all
Frampton Comes Alive is required for anyone who calls themselves a fan of Rock & Roll. Tesla did a pretty great cover of Do You Feel Like We Do several years ago. Highly recommend.

I remember getting the Michael Jackson Thriller album as a record, that may have been the first one I got for myself since I was only 10 when it came out and most of my other music I had cassette tapes.

Was a huge Motley Crue fan as a teen. Read their Auto Biography as an adult and 🤢:sick: Some depraved dudes. Never felt quite the same about them since.

I didn't know they could write enough for a book but can believe it, the Girls Girls Girls album was sooo icky sleazy I just flat out stopped listening to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter