What Was the Last Disney Ship you Sailed on Before the Pandemic?

Fantasy - Dec 14, 2019 for Very Merrytime Cruise and then WDW till Boxing Day... missing it like crazy but glad we were able to go on our trip before the world shut down.

Great topic, MJ -

Ours was a B2B on the WONDER, San Juan Southern Caribbean on Jan 26th this year,, followed by WONDER's February 2nd inaugural sailing into New Orleans.

We stayed in N.O. a few days for some early Mardi Gras fun, and were fortunate to be back home before the virus began it's serious spread.

We were supposed to be waking up in Munich today for Oktoberfest and starting an ABD Danube / Oktoberfest river cruise tomorrow. Sigh.

Next SCHEDULED DCL itinerary is next August 28, MAGIC out of Dover for the Northern European. Then we'll spend two weeks touring Scotland and visiting friends in Wales, and head home, taking the MAGIC westbound Transatlantic. Sincerely hope it comes to be.
That sounds absolutely amazing for 2021!!! Oh I hope it all happens for you, not unselfishly by the way as we get off the Magic the day you get on (August 28th) :lovestruc

Magic WBTA September 2019 (got off the ship a year ago yesterday--so sad!)

Was booked for Alaska June 2020, now moved to July 2021
Also have Italy/Greece booked for June 2021
and want to book Marvel Magic from Miami January 2021, but don't think sailing will be happening by then

Dream, August 2018, our first time sailing concierge and long before COVID entered the picture. Our August 2020 Dream cruise was cancelled; we opted for the refund since our older son is a senior who'll be off to college soon, and we have no idea what his/our calendar will look like. By the time cruising starts up again we may be looking at other lines... or maybe Mr. MacSpiff and I will cruise DCL by ourselves!

We were also on the westbound Panama canal cruise that ended on March 20th. I Literally just used our 40% credit to book a one bedroom Concierge level suite for Halloween on the high seas for next September. I figure I will never be able to afford to do concierge any other way :)
That's why we scheduled the July 30 Norway/Iceland 11 nighter. That 40% was financial deciding point for us.

We were on the WBPC in March. What a strange, wonderful time. I was commenting to my husband earlier today that it seems a lifetime ago. I think of the exciting buzz at the port in New Orleans even as we were all having our temperatures taken. We are booked for the EBTA in May and trying to remain hopeful.
Agree and how eerie the San Diego and Dallas airports were on our flights back home.

I went through Denver. It was a ghost town. But I’m glad I swapped since Las Vegas, where we were supposed to connect, closed their tower due to positive cases.
We flew home from Aulani the same day you got off the WBPC (March 20th) and the Honolulu airport was VERY quiet, too. Eerie is a good word for it. We landed back home in Vancouver around 11pm, went to get our car from one of the long term lots and it was SO empty! Crazy.

Our last cruises were b2b on the Fantasy in October. We were so looking forward to Hawaii on the Wonder. But just holding that credit with DCL until we see when they start sailing and which cruise interests us once they do. Way back in May, thought things may have improved by fall to jump on a last minute Magic cruise from NYC. Seems laughable now but oh how naïve we all were back in the beginning! Now just as long as it is sometime in 2021, I'll be happy but the sooner the better before I forget what vacation was like entirely!

Did a Merrytime cruise on the Fantasy in December 2018. Got pregnant four months later, was supposed to take that baby on the Wonder in August. :( We booked a Halloween cruise on the Dream and a Merrytime cruise on the Fantasy in 2021 for consolation - hoping those sail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter