What were your favorite appetizers and desserts on the Deluxe Dining Plan?

princessinrainboots

Earning My Ears
Hi! I know Disneyland like the back of my hand, but am brand new to WDW. We are doing an all adult vacation this coming October, and would love some insight on the best appetizers and desserts people have enjoyed while on the deluxe dining plan. Locations would also be great, and pictures would be even better! TIA :)

I enjoyed the Gold Rush Western Chips at Whispering Canyon on Sunday night. I had DlxDP and was with a friend who was paying cash. There were so many chips that even with 2 of us eating them there were enough left to fill an entire To Go box! We really liked the salsa and the cheese dip, but not the chili. Next time I would ask for 2 bowls of one of those and skip the chili. I also highly recommend the Granny Smith Apple-Caramel pie for dessert :)

At 50s PTC I had the fried herb and garlic cheese as my app, because so many people rave about it. Honestly, I love the wedge salad and onion rings here, too. For dessert, I had the chocolate cake that had a hint of peanut butter. Very tasty!

For one: Smoked salmon at Rose & Crown. Spicy kazan roll at California Grill. Moroccan lamb sausage at Spice Road Table. Sticky wings at Kona.

For two, if you can convince someone to share: Lettuce cups at Yak & Yeti. Scallop forest at Raglan Road.

I genuinely can't think of any crazy-impressive desserts other than the bread & butter pudding at Raglan Road and the almond-crusted cheesecake at Narcoosees, but I'm not really a sweets person so my youngest has probably eaten more of my desserts than I have over the years because the kids' menu desserts just don't measure up.

At California grill we really enjoyed all the sushi items and the tuna 3 ways and sashimi. Flying fish had a fantastic octopus app.

Desserts were all really unique and impressive at flying fish -- seriously like works of art. Chocolate cake at yachtsman. Key lime pie at boathouse.

Bread service at Sanaa
Castle salad at CRT
Guacamole at Hacienda de San Angel and Frontera Cocina
Cachapas and Bertha's Bahn Bong Lan cake at Skipper Canteen
Pork belly as an appetizer and evolution of cheese as a dessert at Flying Fish
Pork bao at Morimoto Asia
Kazan sushi and churros/beignets at California Grill
Octopus at Tiffins
Cobb salad and grapefruit cake (a whole slice, separate from the sampler, but you have to ask) at Brown Derby
Get a shake as your beverage to wash down your dessert at 50s prime time or Whispering Canyon

TS desserts are for the most part inferior to snack credit desserts.

3C6917CC-8F0B-4588-9098-5DB7FE8FBBAB.jpeg The Tuna three ways from California Grill.

90DB8063-E45F-4E51-9598-5BDC05B10259.jpeg Dragon Roll from Yak and Yeti.

Both were amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts