What will stick to my Active 4 way stretch 85% polyester / 15% spandex fabric?

flav

Loving My Ears
In my enthusiasm to make costumes for our runDisney races, I purchased some Active Wear SPF50 4 way stretch fabric made of 85% polyester / 15% spandex.

Now, I am questioning my life choices my options for decorating it… After I figure how to sew it.

I learned today that regular vinyl is not recommended, that I need the type for stretch fabric. I might try a sample of the regular for the little pieces since it doesn’t have to hold for more than two washes. For example, Woody’s sheriff star ⭐️ in gold vinyl would look great but I don’t want to purchase a roll for that, especially since I have access to the regular vinyl one!

Do you know if fabric pen would work? Which one do you recommend? I need it for the red checkered pattern on Woody’s shirt or for the cow pattern on its vest. Especially if vinyl doesn’t work.

The other possibility is an inkjet paper for stretch fabric. Will it work with that Polyester-Spandex fabric? Does it exist for dark stretch fabric? I can’t seem to find it.

Any other suggestions?

In my enthusiasm to make costumes for our runDisney races, I purchased some Active Wear SPF50 4 way stretch fabric made of 85% polyester / 15% spandex.

Now, I am questioning my life choices my options for decorating it… After I figure how to sew it.

I learned today that regular vinyl is not recommended, that I need the type for stretch fabric. I might try a sample of the regular for the little pieces since it doesn’t have to hold for more than two washes. For example, Woody’s sheriff star ⭐️ in gold vinyl would look great but I don’t want to purchase a roll for that, especially since I have access to the regular vinyl one!

Do you know if fabric pen would work? Which one do you recommend? I need it for the red checkered pattern on Woody’s shirt or for the cow pattern on its vest. Especially if vinyl doesn’t work.

The other possibility is an inkjet paper for stretch fabric. Will it work with that Polyester-Spandex fabric? Does it exist for dark stretch fabric? I can’t seem to find it.

Any other suggestions?
There is vinyl specifically for stretch materials.

M10546576_1.jpg

Tonight was experimentation night! We tried what was available at our fantastic library: Inkjet Transfer Paper for pale fabric and regular Siser Vinyl. Also, we wanted to see if the 4 ways stretch fabric would hold up to the heat.

The Vinyl worked wonderfully, no need for the special stretch one. The paper cannot be stretched. So we have a great solution for our six costumes, we just have to adapt the design a bit to use solid colors.

FB6CE646-61F3-464C-874B-7432CE829A92.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter