What would you do for a Romantic long Weekend?

nat8199

DIS Veteran
DH and I are considering going to Disney to celebrate our 14 year wedding anniversary Oct 2018.

What would you all recommend?

We would want to go during Food and Wine, so V&A wouldn't be necessary.

I was thinking of staying at AKL, though, so that we could eat 2 dinners there, which we would never otherwise do due to buses/uber with the kids.

We would probably split our time mainly between AK and Epcot, with park hoppers to give us flexibility.

Maybe the Wanyama Safari and Dinner?

What would you all do for a romantic weekend?

Epcot is full of great photo ops - get Photo Pass to capture as many photos of the 2 of you as possible. What about spending an evening at Disney Springs? Dining, cocktails and great views and places to sit and people watch.

Sounds just like what we did in August!
We were there for Food and Wine which was so fun. We focused mostly on AK and Epcot. We stayed at AKL (safari view was so worth it!) and ate at Sanaa and then Boma for breakfast on our last day. We highly enjoyed the Biergarten at Epcot. We had a wonderful time at AK at night - sunset safari, drinks, RoL... We had so much fun doing what we felt like and not rushing around. Taking our time made it romantic

Take a special tour like the behind the scenes ones. It's not what I would call romantic, but it's a special memory.

Also, at the AKL there is a Safari journey you can do right at the resort for the Savanaah.

Take in one of the special events that the Food and Wine Festival offers.

Sit on your balcony, hold hands, talk and laugh while having a drink......simple and romantic.

Since you will be there during F&W I might suggest one of the Epcot resorts. Being able to wander over to Epcot in the evening is quite special. Celebrate with Illuminations and take your time walking back to your resort. DW and I are partial to the BWI and strolling along the Boardwalk.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Jiko at AKL is one of the most romantic dinners we ever ate at WDW. I highly recommend one of your meals there. Another romantic place was the former restaurant in the France pavilion that was replaced by Monsieur Pauls. I might consider Monsieur Pauls for a romantic meal. Congratulations on your anniversary.

I would definitely spend a good chunk of time in World Showcase and maybe stroll down to Boardwalk one evening. An evening in Disney Springs would also be nice. I think anything can be romantic as long as you keep your pace slow and soak it all in. :)

Enjoy!

Book a dinner at calafornia grill during the fireworks. Well I book about 45 minutes before so dessert is coming as the fireworks start

I want to second the Illuminations cruise that someone mentioned. A nice boat ride with refreshments and a water-front view of EPCOT's firework show! The reviews of this are amazing (My first time doing this will be in my 2018 trip). I'd also look into dining options where you can watch the firework shows. My mother got window seats in EPCOT's La Hacienda during the illuminations show and said it was her favorite part of the trip. I know there are many WDW dining options that have firework views- some guaranteed and others are more of an if-your-are-lucky situation). I would agree that AK and EPCOT are the most romantic... maybe with a side of MK. Cinderella's Royal Table is beautiful, tasty, and definitely one of those experiences a true fan should have once. My experience was a little more childish/fun than romantic, and I'm not AT ALL a fan of character dining; however, I would do this if either person were one of those classic princess Disney fans (my mom).

Is it just me, or are boat rides the pinnacle of romance? Disney is filthy with them- even many of the attractions are boat rides (Its a Small world, San Angel's Grand Fiesta boat ride, Maelstrom (RIP), Land with the living boat cruise, etc.)

There are SO many possibilities!! Some of our favorites:
1. Go to Savor, Sip, and Sparkle in California Grill - it was such a fun event with champagne, beer and wine, appetizers, desserts, and fireworks viewing.
2. Walk around the parks at night, holding hands and looking at the lights.
3. We LOVED our fireworks cruise!!!
4. Do a special Food & Wine event (we loved the tequila lunch at La Hacienda, and if you want to splurge, we REALLY loved the Party for the Senses - WOW!!)
5. Do a Drink Around the World Showcase or Monorail Drink-a-Thon.
6. Go to Jellyrolls - so fun!!
7. If you stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, splurge for the Savannah View room, and sit on your balcony enjoying breakfast in the morning and wine in the evening.
8. Go to some of the lounges around the parks.
9. Eat at a few places that you would never enjoy with the kids.

Have so much fun!!

Honestly, I would SLOW DOWN. We slowed way down on our Honeymoon (due to the heat) and it was like a different vacation. We strolled, we ate, we people watched, we grazed (Food & Wine), we went back to the room when we wanted. It was much different from our "do as much as we can" trips, and it was wonderful. Staying at an Epcot resort during F&W was wonderful-way nicer in reality that the "yeah, that will be nice" expectation we had while planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter