What would you do if your fridge looked like this?

I'll bet this was 2049, a HC unit. If so, that frig has been like that for a long time AND IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT IT!!!! And the discolored shower seat as well! It may be that the frig is a different size than the non-HC frig units. (I know that the kitchen in that unit is laid out differently to accommodate a wheelchair). And it may also be that the shower seat is a special order item. BUT SEVERAL OF US HAVE COMPLAINED AND THIS HAS GONE UN-FIXED FOR LONG ENOUGH! It is disgusting to me that guests requiring a HC room (and these types of rooms are few and far between, so almost impossible to request a change of room) would be treated with such disrespect.
P.S. Not long ago there was another thread about this same room, although that poster mistakenly thought it was grease on the frig.

If it was food or grease, I would have had it cleaned.
Rust, I would have mentioned it but not asked them to change it right then.

What I can't stand is when people don't clean with their eyes. KWIM?
Every mirror in every bathroom is always dirty. And have you noticed, they mop the bathroom floor with the door open and don't mop the corner that is covered by the door. I'm not just talking about DVC, but 95% of all hotels I stay in.
:confused3

This wasn't meant to make anyone nervous about their DVC stays! Mostly I am just mad at myself for copping out and not following through on this situation. I do think that Boardwalk has some issues and probably needs to make some major personnel changes. I am sure this is just a cycle, but even I, as a Boardwalk Lover, have been rethinking my Oct plans. But since it is for Food & Wine, I will just suck it up :drinking1 and hope for the best :)

It has been over 3 weeks since my trip and I was just getting around to uploading my photos which is what prompted my post. Do you think it is too late to write a letter?

Write your letter and enclose a copy of your pictures. I just don't know for sure who you should send it to - probably the guest satisfaction person for DVC who I think is Carli D'Agostino (sp?). Maybe someone here can give you the correct address. Be sure to include the villa number and dates of your stay. Hopefully something has been done about it by now besides the quick paint job.

I would've asked to be put in a different room. Maybe if we were the type of people who never stayed in the room I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. But, we spend a lot of time in our villa and there is no way I would've stayed there with the problems you mentioned. You sound like you are "down playing" the issues and you shouldn't feel guilty about getting a crummy room and complaining about it! I don't care what my view is, if the shower was gross and the fridge all rusted I would've asked for things to be changed or give me another room. Like someoneelse mentioned if that is how they think the room should look just imagine what else they overlooked or didn't clean. Yuck!!

When we came back from our BW stay last month I wrote a brief report here explaining my displeasure in the shape of our villa. They need to have a rehab and we will not be staying there again until they do. It kills me to admit that because we really love the BW location and resort. SSR is our home resort and we wished we would've stayed there instead. We have never had a problem there. Next trip will be at SSR and AKV.

DJ and Jackie are an amazing management team at BWV. (DJ is moving to All Stars, though, :confused: to set up a new level of customer service there and Jackie is being promoted to manager at BWV).

BOTH of them are so hand-on that I would have gotten in touch with either one ASAP. I am willing to bet that they would have made sure that this was handled appropriately and immediately.

I agree about the spray painting. IF that is considered a proper fix (as I know nothing about appliances, I won't render an opinion as to whether or not that was even the right thing to do)...but IF that was the appropriate action, then they should take the room out of service to do it. Paint fumes are strong and they LAST.

That's the sort of issue I consider "minor" and "not up to the standards of a Deluxe" that I often post about. BWV is our home and the only place we've ever stayed (we've had that room, too), and we've always found what I consider small things like that. We don't report it because to us they are minor (its a little rust on the outside of a fridge - the inside of the fridge works - I've had apartments where the applicances were in worse shape) - we certainly don't want them replacing a fridge while we are there anyway.

Other things we've encountered in OUR minor category (but for other people, they are probably a big deal) - broken drawers (we don't unpack anyway - but this is frequent, every DVC room I've been in has one broken drawer or hinge), pancake batter (or something) between the panes of glass in the oven, cracked shower tiles and mildew stains in the shower, ripped couch cushions (only noticable when you took them off to make the hideabed).

This thread reminds me of a few minor issues with our room the first weekend of may. I just got a postcard survey in the mail, so I think I will go report my items. I am sorry I did not report it then, but I was there to run some races and was quite nervous/distracted.

OP, I would have been upset if they had painted the fridge while I was staying there. I would send off an email to DVC and hopefully the fridge will find a new home ;)

To those who are leary of BWV because of what you read on here, don't be! It is a fabulous resort - any resort is going to have its problems here and there. I have stayed in 15+ rooms at BWV and have only had minor problems.

We were just at BWV 5/13-5/19 for the first time in a studio (3029). Room was clean and other than a small chip in the tile infront of the refrigerator was in great condition. Fantastic view from balcony. Only complaint would be the people in the room next door smoking on the balcony. It was also my first time sleeping on one of the new pull out sofas, it was fantastic. I hope they put them in every DVC room. I would stay there again based on the room, however I probably won't be back for awhile because of the dining choices but thats a different discussion ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter