What would you do?

What would you do?

• Wait and see

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • Rebook now

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters
they're starting trials. it's not in wide use, and it's actually very limited availability.

BTW - reporting from NYC - the 2nd person to test positive in NY state was tested around March 2, 3. But he was hospitalized with symptoms around Feb 27. He had no known risk factors - 50-something family man who had been to Miami some 2 weeks before. Because he thought he had the flu (until it got really bad and he had to be intubated) many people in the community, including health care workers, also got sick. Still no one knows when/where/how he got it. But we must assume it was already present and spreading in NY state (he worked in NYC) in mid-February at the latest. We are (mostly) taking it very seriously here, but there are teens and 20-somethings who are still having parties, etc. There are health care workers who are ill here, as well. And you still can't get tested unless you are symptomatic and have had contact with someone who was symptomatic. My DH is a health care worker who saw someone who was asymptomatic who ended up in the hospital 2 days later. DH could not get a test and had to self-quarantine for 2 weeks, taking his temp morning and evening. (He's fine, came out of QT yesterday)

There is a doctor in France who used in on patients who were about to die and every one of them survived. There are also many people in the US at this point who have said it saved their lives. Doctors in the US have so much faith in this anti malaria drug that they are stock piling it for their families. The Chinese have also been using it for a month and report that it works. Scientists have also been trying to figure out why Africa has so few cases— they believe it is because of this drug. Many take it there for malaria.

Is it spreading like "wildfire" or are they just testing more people now? Are more of the unknown cases from a few weeks ago known now? I had several employees that were sick for a week in the beginning of March. Both tested negative for flu and strep, but had many of the COVID-19 symptoms. They were sent home from the doctor without a test for COVID. We had no confirmed cases in the State at that time. 2 1/2 weeks later same thing happened and 2 different employees were tested immediately by the Dept. of Health.

We had the same - 2 younger (in their twenties) ladies diagnosed with fever, upper respiratory infection and flu test negative. This was end of Feb/early March - they were unable to be tested for corona (at that point no one in our state had been tested). We need a screening test so I can know who to schedule and who to keep home (we are in a healthcare field so still working). Crazy days.

There is a doctor in France who used in on patients who were about to die and every one of them survived. There are also many people in the US at this point who have said it saved their lives. Doctors in the US have so much faith in this anti malaria drug that they are stock piling it for their families. The Chinese have also been using it for a month and report that it works. Scientists have also been trying to figure out why Africa has so few cases— they believe it is because of this drug. Many take it there for malaria.

I've been on this drug (for auto-immune, not malaria reasons) for about 2 years. I was in the parks the weekend of the closure and have been exposed to loads of people thru work (although we are doing our best with PPE and social distancing). I'll do a self-retrospective study and let you know ;)

Anecdotal reports from medical professionals in NYC are that it is not working. I hope it's just too early to tell.

Anecdotal reports from medical professionals in NYC are that it is not working. I hope it's just too early to tell.

I may be way wrong with this, and haven't put too much time researching that specific drug, but wasn't the French doctor study based on some very small sample size, like 42 people, of which 16 were disqualified for some reason, 6 it didn't work for, and maybe 20 it did? Once again, I could be way off in reporting that. If there is any truth to it, though, then we have a long way to go before we can feel confident in that drug helping anything.

The anxiety that you may feel by waiting and wondering every day if your trip will happen may not be worth how terrific it was planned to be.

Just a thought.

I have a trip in July and am not anxious about it, though I know it may not happen this summer, I'm pretty sure to happen at some point in my life. There's plenty other issues to be anxious about. This trip, even if it doesn't happen, is still a vacation in my mind.

Last edited:
Thank you all. You’ve been super helpful. I was most worried about us getting closer to the trip and not being able to go and then having limited options when trying to use our points before December. While it’s not the trip we planned we will make it awesome for the kids as heck- we will still be in Disney! On a positive note- now we get food and wine festival and maybe a Halloween party for the kids!

I've been on this drug (for auto-immune, not malaria reasons) for about 2 years. I was in the parks the weekend of the closure and have been exposed to loads of people thru work (although we are doing our best with PPE and social distancing). I'll do a self-retrospective study and let you know ;)

Okay, now while n=1, this is still great news for me lol! Officially 14 days post Covid-19 Disney and still afebrile (checking temp twice daily). Go Plaquenil :)

Bad news - still dealing with people on the daily (who some somehow still don't seem to comprehend the severity yet). Wish we could get antibody titers or something soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts