What would you suggest? *Update*

springandmac

DIS Veteran
We're going on our family vacation this June and we're trying to decide between BWV (PV) or BCV. It will be myself, DH, DD13, DSS12 and we've told our kids they could each bring a friend, so possibly two more children.

Where would you suggest we stay and why?

Both resort will be close to the Studios and Epcot. If your kids or their guests enjoy swimming in unique themed pools, then BCV would be the place for you. Plus, they're kids...beaches and Cream would be great for them.

However, if they'd be OK with a more standard pool but would enjoy the Boardwalk entertainment area, that would be a good choice, too. Not everyone is a "pool person."

I agree that if the pool is important to the kids, then Stormalong Bay is where they will want to swim. BCV is the only way to have access to that. If however, they think the Kiester Coaster looks cool, and they don't mind the clown, BWV would suffice too. BWV will be easier access to MGM if the kids are going to want to ride RNR and TOT everyday!;)

I'm leaning towards BCV myself. To keep costs low we're only planning on doing one park hopping day at Disney (we're only planning on 4 days at Disney, with a stop over at HHI) and one day at Universal, so the pool would be put to good use on our two resort days. Plus our kids are older and wouldn't need to be under our watchful eye at SAB. Not to mention it will be HOT (Ugh! I get crabby when I get hot) :rotfl:

Depends on when you are going. May be too late to be BCV.

BCV---older kids + June weather = SAB
I ran the math and came up with the same answer! :thumbsup2

As mentioned, BCV might not even be available. Second choice would be BWV as it has a good pool/slide as well. I just think with kids that age, pools will be important.

Depends on when you are going. May be too late to be BCV.

Don't say that! We're looking for a 2 bedroom from 6/3-6/7.

Unfortunately I'm not "in the system" yet, so I have no way of checking. :sad1: But I'm crossin' my fingers, sayin' my prayers and hoping for some pixie dust! pixiedust:

May be too late to be BCV.

It's too late. They only have the last night available. (I'm in the system now, with no points)

BWV is available on 6/5 and 6/6 but not 6/3 and 6/4. SSR and OKW are available the entire time.

So I have several disappointing options. 1) I can book all my days at SSR and OKW (note never been to OKW and stayed at SSR in November, wasn't my thing) or 2) I could book 2 days at SSR or OKW and book the other 2 days at BWV and waitlist for the first two days (and pray they come in)

This time is also the tail end of "Gay Days" so what do you think my chances are now?

Many have had plenty of success with the waitlist, so I would probably go that route. I guess I would think the waitlist might be easiest at BWV just because it is the larger of the two resorts you are thinking of.

I second the idea to waitlist. I just did that for the BWV and was able to get a Boardwalk view 4 months out the week before Easter! Waitlist both and see what happens but book SSR or OKW as a back up.

We also loved SSR last year and are kind of sad we're not staying there for part of the time. You'll have a great trip no matter where you stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter