Whatever happened to Paige O'Hara?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When Paige O'Hara was chosen to do the speaking and singing voice for Belle in Beauty And The Beast people were surprised at how well Paige could sing so well and I had never even heard of Paige O'Hara before and she played Belle to perfection and I wondered whatever became of Paige O'Hara after she voiced Belle in the three Beauty And The Beast sequels? Because I noticed that Susan Egan now is playing Belle and although Susan Egan is fabulous as Belle Paige O'Hara was the best. Is Paige still active in plays and has she released any show tunes albums? I would have to say if anyone could be a new voice actress for Belle I would pick Susan Boyle because if you have heard Susan sing she sounds just like Paige O'Hara

I think Paige O'Hara really played Belle to perfection and with her singing and voice talent she really brought Belle to life. I think Disney really made a great decision casting Paige as Belle because Belle is not only beautiful but has a lot of Paige O'Hara in her

She did play Belle quite well.

Did you know that Disney animators actually take some of the inspiration for how a character looks from the actor or actress who portrays them? If you look at Lumiére you can see some of Jerry Orbach’s features, Cogsworth kinda looks like David Ogden Stiers and Mrs. Potts has a touch of Angela Lansbury.

Sometimes instead of looking like the actor, the character will end up with the actor’s facial *expressions*, like the Genie from Aladdin— they incorporated so many of Robin Williams’ facial and body movements into the way the Genie was animated. It made it seem like the Genie was Robin’s alter-ego, rather than a just character he played.

Paige O Hara returned as the voice of Belle on Once Upon A Studio. It's available to watch, but only on DisneyPlus for now.

Her voice has gotten deeper over the years. I've heard she still does regional theater.

I actually met her in 2015. She came to the IN comic con. She said in the panel that they had replaced her with somebody younger.

I have the panel up on my YouTube account. There is NOTHING like hearing her preform live!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I think I got them in the right order. 😅 There's more videos on my account from another princess panel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter