bamaguy06

Mouseketeer
my family and i are going to DL in May.
i was wandering if anyone knows what
is a good hotel in the area that has
resonable rates for a family of five.
we want to be able to be in walking
range of the main gates. :thumbsup2

There are many on Harbor Blvd. Personally I recommend The Anaheim Plaza. One that I used to stay at all the time, but got a bit overpriced for me was The Fairfield Inn. Both of these are nice, though Anaheim Plaza is an older hotel, it is done in the garden style, where rooms are situated in different about 10 different 2 story buildings around some nice outdoor lawns. Most of the rooms contain refrigerators, which I love. Usually you also have a very small balcony, or an enclosed porch area. Once again, this is an older hotel, but very well kept up. I've never had a bad experience here. And it is definately within walking distance. Just across the street and down a block from the pedestrian entrance to Disneyland. Rooms average around $50-$70, with rates typically at around $64.

Thanks to another poster, I just booked a 2 room suite at the Doubletree (soon to be Hilton) for $119 a night (June 12-16). The suite includes 2 queens and a queen sofa-bed and you can get a roll-away for free if you need it. It has a microwave and a Refrig. also. According to their website, it is 1/2 mi. from Disneyland. I can't post the url because I'm a newbie, but it is the Doubletree Guest Suites Anaheim Resort/Convention Center.

I am planning our first trip to Disneyland in 15 years (for my mom, myself, 17 yr. old son, and 8 yr. old nephew) and I'm happy to be finding some good deals. So far I have 4 nights at the Doubletree/Hilton, airfare (from Sacramento), 2 day DL Tix, and 2 day Universal Tix, for $400 per person. I'm still working on a rental car.

This my first post - what a great board!

If you want seriously no frills cheap - but still clean and comfortable - go for the Super 8 on Disneyland DR. We were able to walk to the tram in the DL parking lot and ride that to the park, and the ART stops right near there as well. They do have doughnuts and coffee in the morning and a hot tub and non-heated pool. We stayed 4 nights and slept great, great housekeeping, and it was $48 per night.....

The Tropicana is pretty cheap. Very clean rooms and about a 5 minute walk to the turnstiles of Disneyland. They also have a free continental breakfast that is pretty basic but free and can save you some money. Expedia has some good rates on the Tropicana and other nearby hotels to Disneyland. The HoJo is also reasonable, you can get an entertainment book rate there often. It is a bit further walk but still very close. Also check mousesavers for deals at the HoJo. Good luck!

Five years ago we stayed at the Desert Inn. It was not fancy, but clean, safe feeling, comfortable and very nearby.
Looks like we are going again in September, and I am thinking of staying there again. :)

bamaguy06 said:
does anyone know about the Carousel Inn and the Candy Cane Inn? :confused3
Candy Cane Inn is a lovely converted motel, with a great free breakfast, nice rooms and a free shuttle back and forth to the parks (although you can easily walk, too.) It's a bit more expensive than most of the motels along Harbor Blvd. You'd also probably have to get two rooms, since the rooms are pretty cozy.

Carousel Inn is across from the entrances. It's got recently renovated rooms, which are nice. The breakfast is nothing to get excited about, but it's free. The pool is small, and up on the rooftop, and there's NO hot tub. You can usually get a pretty good deal on their website.

Check the reviews at Mouseplanet.com and tripadvisor.com for some opinions on both of these. In my opinion Candy Cane is much nicer.

bamaguy06 said:
does anyone know about the Carousel Inn and the Candy Cane Inn? :confused3
We stayed at the Carousel Inn last Sept. The room we stayed in didn't seem recently renovated but it was fairly clean. The fridge was a good size (we were able to put in at least 3 take out containers and drinks and some other things in there) but the microwave was small (just not as big as I am used to at home I guess). We paid 60/nt on travelocity but I had a really bad time with travelocity and do not recommend them. For it's location and price (and the fridge and microwave) I would stay there again. Although our sink did back up and it was quite smelly (think of brown water with coffee grinds but a sewer smell) but luckily on our check out morning. We had to call front desk twice and they still did not come to our room or have someone come to look. It was only after we checked out and told them that the sink is really overflowing did they send someone to look at it...they seemed more bothered than anything with us about it. But I would stay there again for 60/nt.

I haven't stayed here yet, but will be next month. Desert Inn and Suites. Located right across from DL (easy walking distance). Gets good reviews, most say it's clean and comfortable, but no frills. Has an indoor pool and hot tub, though! All rooms have a microwave and a mini-fridge. They also have suites if you need privacy from the kids.

We got a standard room (1 kind or 2 doubles) for $59 a night April 24-28.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter