What's On The Grill?

mtblujeans

DIS Veteran
I just received my latest issue of Kraft Food & Family and they have grill recipes that look mouth-watering!

By the way, if you are not yet receiving Food & Family, sign up to receive your own free copies at Kraft!

They have an ad for DiGiorno pizza that gives a recipe for grilling pizza that looks great!

Pizza on the grill

1 (24.8 oz) DiGiorno Thin Crispy Crust Supreme Pizza

Preheat grill, setting all burners on low to medium-low (about 400°)

Remove wrapper and cardboard from frozen pizza. Place pizza directly on center of grill rack; close lid.

Grill 13 to 15 minutes, rotating pizza 1/2 turn with spatula after 8 minutes. Continue grilling, covered, for specified time or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.

Makes 5 servings

For best results, use a gas grill.

Would you share your favorite grilling techniqes and recipes?? :sunny:

Quick Fix Grilled Fajitas

Makes 4 servings

1 lb. boneless chicken breast
1 each medium green and red bell peppers, cut into strips
1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup Kraft bbq sauce
8 warmed flour tortillas
1 cup Kraft mexican style shredded four cheese
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 sour cream

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Toss chicken and vegetables with bbq sauce and let stand 5 minutes to marinate. Poke holes evenly in the bottom of 13X9 disposable foil roasting pan with fork or skewer. Place chicken and vegetables in pan and place pan in grill; close grill lid.

Grill chicken and vegetables in pan for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.

Spoon mixture evenly onto warmed tortillas; top with cheese, salsa, and sour cream. Roll up. Easy throw away of foil cooking pan!

For even faster cooking time, use grill basket instead of foil pan and grill for 7 to 10 minutes.

Betty Crocker Zesty Lemon Ribs

6 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving pieces
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup chili sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed

Place pork in 4-quart Dutch oven. Add enough water to cover pork. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer about 1 hour 30 minutes or until tender.

In 2-quart saucepan, heat ketchup, chili sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and liquid smoke to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in lemonade concentrate. Set aside.

Remove pork to rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, or resealable food-storage plastic bag. Pour marinade over pork; turn pork to coat. Cover dish or seal bag and refrigerate, turning pork occasionally, at least 4 hours but no longer than 24 hours.

Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Remove pork from marinade; reserve marinade. Grill pork, meaty sides up, uncovered and 4 inches from medium heat about 30 minutes, turning and brushing frequently with marinade, until glazed and heated through. Discard any remaining marinade.

I get the Kraft Food & Family too and I just love it!!!

I enjoy doing kabobs on the grill. Chicken, green pepper, mushrooms, red peppers, pineapple. On the side of that I usually have baked baby red potatoes grilling. Yum Yum!

You and I are on a kabob wave length today! :sunny:

I just got an email from Family Fun with this recipe for Grilled Sirloin Kabobs! It does not have the veggies but I think they could be grilled on the side and would be mouth-watering with these! :goodvibes

Grilled Sirloin Kabobs Serves 6

Marinade
5 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
1/2 cup low-salt soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
1 teaspoon black pepper

Kabobs
2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into cubes

First, prepare the marinade. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, olive oil, sugar, pineapple juice, and black pepper.

To make kabobs, score the beef cubes by piercing each side several times with a sharp knife (this allows the marinade to penetrate). Add the beef to the bowl of marinade and stir to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight (or at least 8 hours), turning occasionally.

When you are ready to grill, skewer the meat, then barbecue the kabobs over medium heat for 4 to 7 minutes per side (medium rare). Remove the skewers and serve. Serves 6

Kraft has alot of great ideas :thumbsup2, and I like it cause they cater their magazine and emails according to the holidays or occassions that are coming up.

Preparation: 1 hour to over 5 hours
Serves 4 to 6 persons
Ingredients:

* 4 to 5 pounds boneless beef ribs
* 1 teaspoon onion salt
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon chili powder

1. Mix salt and spices and set aside. Remove ribs from store packaging. Rinse under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Dust ribs liberally on all sides with salt mixture - rub to evenly coat. Pack ribs closely in container with tight fitting lid. Allow marinate in the refrigerator at least 4 hours but overnight is better.
2. Heat grill to high heat. Use tongs to hold paper towel or cloth roll wetted with canola oil and wipe grill surface. Place ribs on grill keeping heat on high setting. Sear for 1 minute on each side. Turn heat to lowest setting. Cover and cook on each side turning at 10-minute intervals.
3. Turn ribs. Brush top surface with your barbecue sauce and cook covered for five minutes. Turn ribs. Brush top surface with sauce and cook covered for five more minutes. Repeat for all four sides. Remove to serving platter and drizzle with the remaining barbecue sauce.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings

6 beef short ribs, 2-inches thick, cut across the bone
Salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Favorite dry rub seasoning mix
1/2 cup olive oil
4 poblano peppers, cored, seeded and diced
4 medium yellow onions, diced
4 stalks celery, diced
1/4 cup sliced garlic
1 bottle red Zinfandel
1 quart favorite BBQ Sauce
1 quart chicken stock

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Season short ribs with salt, pepper and seasoning mix. Heat a large roasting pan with lid over medium-high heat and add oil. Sear ribs in hot oil on all sides until well browned.

Remove from roasting pan and set aside. Add peppers, onions, celery and garlic and cook until well browned, about 10 minutes. Deglaze roasting pan with red Zinfandel, then add BBQ sauce and stock and bring to a boil. Return ribs to roasting pan and cover tightly with foil. Place in preheated oven and braise for 2 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender when pierced with a fork.

Remove ribs from sauce and keep warm. Skim fat from the top of sauce and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over short ribs and serve.

NOTE: Sounds good, but note this one is baked, not grilled. Has anyone ever tried a recipe like this and grilled instead of baked it?

Here is one of my all-time favorite ways to treat this side dish. Not everyone is a fan of the spear - but you never know what will win a new convert. The advantage of making rafts is to make grilling your asparagus easier - they can't fall through the openings on your grill this way. Also they make an interesting presentation for your guests/diners

Things you will need...

Asparagus - fresh. I generally plan on a bundle of spears to accomodate 4 diners. If you buy your asparagus spears individually plan on 6 - 8 spears per raft - one raft per guest (plus a couple of extras ;) )

bamboo skewers - two per raft - one raft per diner (two if I'm coming over please - I always plan on one or two extras just in case)

juice from two lemons - can substitute the concentrate stuff in a pinch

2 TBSP EV Olive Oil

2 tbsp lemon zest

- prep -

Soak your bamboo skewers - if you don't they will char and bun on the grill. Soak them for about 30 min.

Peel the bottom 1/3 of the asparagus spears to get the tough fibrous outer skin off, blanch and shock your spears (put into boiling water for about 2 min and then immediately remove to an ice bath)

Skewer the spears about 1/3 down from the top and also 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. I usually put about 6 - 8 spears across, you may wish to put more but this is also easy to handle on the grill. The bamboo skewers will be much too long so I just trim them off so there is about 2" of skewer on each side of the rafts.

In a small bowl combine the lemon juice and olive oil.

- cook -

Baste the rafts on one side and put the rafts on your hot grill (basted side down) at an angle - keep them separated by at least an inch or two. Baste the rafts with your olive oil / lemon juice mixture. You can hit each with a light sprinkle of salt and fresh ground pepper if you wish. When the rafts have achieved those wonderful sear lines on one side- give them a flip and grill the other side. If you want you can baste this side again.

Once the rafts have been cooked remove them and sprinkle each with a pinch of your lemon zest as a final touch. It makes a great presentation, sets off the color of the grilled spears, and adds a very nice taste.

Best of luck - and happy grilling!!!

I have some boneless beef ribs in my fridge, waiting for the grill. I was going to try the recipe I posted above but I got this one from a friend so I am trying this one right now:

Barbecue Boneless Beef Ribs

Place ribs in large pot or kettle and cover with water.

Bring to boil and continue with a slow boil for about one hour.

Remove ribs from water and place in a large casserole dish sprinkling with seasoning (We use cajun or creole seasoning).

Bake in 350 degree oven for one hour.

FIRE UP THE GRILL!

Brush on grilling sauce ( Jack Daniels Original N0. 7 is great for ribs, but use what you like ) and

Grill for about five minutes on each side.

Heat a little of the grilling sauce to slather on while eating.

KC Barbecue Sauce ~

Kansas City barbecue sauce is very sticky, sweet, and smoky—far more so than most tomato-based sauces. We like our barbecue sauce extra-thick. If you like a thinner, smoother texture, the sauce can be strained after it has finished cooking.

Makes about 4 cups

* 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 1 onion, minced
* 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 cup root beer
* 1 cup cider vinegar
* 1 cup dark corn syrup
* 1/2 cup molasses
* 1/2 cup tomato paste
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 2 tablespoons brown mustard
* 1 tablespoon hot sauce
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)

Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk in remaining ingredients, except for liquid smoke, and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is thick and has reduced to 4 cups, about 1 hour. Stir in liquid smoke, if using. (Sauce can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 1 week.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter