What's the weather like in mid-Sept?

barbliny

DIS Veteran
We will be going on a short trip from Sept 15 - 19 and I was wondering what I can expect weather-wise.

Hopefully, it won't be unbearable -- I don't do well in extreme heat and after one trip to Disney in July years ago we usually always go in November. Couldn't pass up the great airfares and room discounts for September.

I guess the answers will affect how much down-time I plan during the days.

We went that time last year (and are going roughly the same time this year) and it was really humid. We'd be sitting in the shade at 8 a.m. with sweat pouring down our faces. The prior year it was rainy, and not as hot.

I'm hoping for a cooler vacation this year! But if not, we'll be prepared with our squeeze breeze-type water bottle and ice water! :) We're also planning on mid-day breaks every day.

It was surprisingly hot when I was there in September of last year.

The love bugs were out as well. They were everywhere.

They don't bite, but they are a big nuisance.

Rainy! Every afternoon. Buy one of the Disney smocks to wear and be Yellow like the rest of the guests.

I personally own over 12 myself (forget to pack). Now I go in November and never need them.

Note: Hurricane season is from September through October 31st.

The love bugs like this season as well April and May, September and Oct - all hurricane season and the love bugs (mutants) are out. YUCK.

Enjoy whatever the weather!

SORRRRRRRY, plan on hot, and hope for a rare cold wave in the low 80,s.....Ted

Even more sorrrry. Any cold wave will drop the temp to the upper 80's not lower. Sept. is hot and humid:earsboy:

Please take comfort knowing that it is not as hot in Sept as it is in August! Unfortunately, though, September is treated by locals as the stormiest month ... or so several locals told me.

Our second visit in late Aug/ early Sept was very rainy... ponchos on a lot of the day.

John :)

The last WDW vacation that we took in September was not pretty. We were there for 8 days. It rained every single day. We went to the pool twice for about 2 hours. THe parks were not crowded because day trippers don't usually go in the rain. Our ponchos actually had a little mold on them from being wet all the time. Our sneakers never had the chance to dry. We had tickets to Rockin' Rockets and walked out because the mud was ankle deep. I must add though, a good time was had by all.

We are goign on our honeymoon Sept 4-15....we were there in June '99 and it rained A LOT and it was HOT HOT HOT.

So youa re tellign me September will be worse???yikers! we brought rain ponchos last time and used them a lot.....i'll bank on bringing them again I see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter