What's up with the price?

Mom2Joce

It all started with a...
After finally deciding on the DH for June 10-14th (Sat.-Wed.) I've missed out! Looks like for the standard room it's 210 for Sat. and Sun. but no rooms for Mon-Wed. AND the view rooms are now up to 245.00 with Monday being 315.00...sheesh for those prices I'd rather pay a little more and stay at the Grand!! Ahhh!! I didn't think that June would be filling up THIS fast!!

The Grand is at 280.00 each night but Tues. is 365.00??? I don't understand?
Am I missing something?

Did you call Disney travel or just look online? I'd try calling and then keep asking, "Is that the BEST price/Lowest price you're showing?" "Are there any deals, codes, special rates happening during that time?" Keep at it. Once they gave me a Southern CA discount, just because they'd mentioned it to me, even though I don't live in Southern CA! If you don't get someone helpful, hang up and call again. Call every day if you don't get a good rate. Sooner or later, something will pop up, but you have to be persistent with them.

My guess on the price increase would be that it might be an official summer rate/high season kicking in. It does seem weird, though!

I agree, though, at those higher prices, you might as well stay at the GC!

Hi, Kelie!
Try getawaytoday.com - I was able to pull up the Disneyland Hotel for your dates, including 3 Day Hoppers for both you and your daughter for a total of $1204.
(This was for a 4 night stay, I wasn't sure if you wanted to stay Wednesday night also or if that would be your check out day.)
This also includes all hotel taxes and fees, a lanyard and pin (1/package), and a discount coupon book.
If you don't need the hoppers (Maybe you have AP's from your previous trip?), you can subtract those and it brings the total down to $936.
They do charge a $15 handling fee, but they still have all your nights as available, so it's worth a try!
We used them for our upcoming (2 days!) trip and received our package and voucher well ahead of time.
Good luck!
Rose :)

Mom2Joce said:
After finally deciding on the DH for June 10-14th (Sat.-Wed.) I've missed out! Looks like for the standard room it's 210 for Sat. and Sun. but no rooms for Mon-Wed. AND the view rooms are now up to 245.00 with Monday being 315.00...sheesh for those prices I'd rather pay a little more and stay at the Grand!! Ahhh!! I didn't think that June would be filling up THIS fast!!

Am I missing something?

Same type of thing happened to me this week. I had been looking at the Paradise Pier on Travelocity for 165 a night in June. Now those rooms are only available on Like Monday, Wed. and Thursday. It's 215 for the other nights. I was really dissapointed.

I will have to check out getawaytoday.com. Thanks for the tip.

Mom2Joce said:

Am I missing something?

Where did you get your daughters outfit in your pictures? It is so cute! (the one with the white t-shirt with Minnie and the capri jeans with ribbon) thanks!

degrapevine said:
Hi, Kelie!
Try getawaytoday.com - I was able to pull up the Disneyland Hotel for your dates, including 3 Day Hoppers for both you and your daughter for a total of $1204.
(This was for a 4 night stay, I wasn't sure if you wanted to stay Wednesday night also or if that would be your check out day.)
This also includes all hotel taxes and fees, a lanyard and pin (1/package), and a discount coupon book.
If you don't need the hoppers (Maybe you have AP's from your previous trip?), you can subtract those and it brings the total down to $936.
They do charge a $15 handling fee, but they still have all your nights as available, so it's worth a try!
We used them for our upcoming (2 days!) trip and received our package and voucher well ahead of time.
Good luck!
Rose :)
Same thing happened to us when booking our trip next week. WDTC, AAA, expedia all showed no availablity for our dates. We ended up booking via getaway since they had our dates available. We didn't need the parkhoppers so that was subtarcted from the total. It ended up being $936 + $150 disneyland gift card promo for our dates. They are a reputable company. We've used them in the past and have been very happy with them.

So frustrating isn't it!! I'm actually going to put in a reservation for Candy Cane Inn and then see if I can get any last minutes (within CCI cancellation times).

Mom2Joce said:

Am I missing something?

It does seem that a certain number of rooms are held for reduced rates, and once that number has been booked, the rates go up. I've also been watching the rates for the same general time period, and have seen a lot of changes this past week (all in the wrong direction). I guess great minds think alike. Many school districts throughout California get out around this time. (6/13 is my DS's last day, and we just managed to grab the $210 rate starting 6/13, so blame me).

AAA still shows a $280/night rate for 6/10-6/14 with no indication of rate changes. It is their internet rate and could disappear in a minute (as did their internet rates for PP (which was $165/night a week ago; now their cheapest rate is over $200/night) and the DLH (which was $210/night and is now showing $245). The Grand rate was much higher for my dates. I understood AAA's cancellation policy for the Disney hotels to be 3 days without penalty, so you might be able to book without a AAA membership for insurance, and then cancel without even joining AAA if you find something better (verify the cancellation policy first of course).

Don't give up hope and keep trying different options.

Thanks, I'm going to keep my eyes open but I think my best chance now is a last minute room. But thanks for the info and I WILL keep trying :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter