Whats wrong with me?!

cavecricket

Disney Bride -to- Wife / DIsney Mom to be! July 4t
Ok,

Its been a while since I posted. I called today to get my date in order.

But now I am wondering if I made a good pick.

Im trying to weigh in all the pros and cons

Originally I wanted a monday wedding, to have more time on "honeymoon"

But then I booked for the tuesday figuring it would give me an extra day before hand for a welcome party, or a last minute run to city hall

I guess I need some advice here. If 1/2 my family is driving in and planning to arrive on saturday afternoon, it seems like it may be too much to quick to do the monday ie: welcome party, rehersal dinner etc

But then again, we have some folks flying in on Friday so would tues be pushing it to far out if they wanted to do a long weekend only?

As far as time of day...I need some serious help here!!!
I have 9/22 at 10am booked.

I picked 10am for the following reasons
cooler
less chance of afternoon shower
will allow people to return to room to relax a bit before the evening festivities

But, would I be better with a later ceremony in a sense that I would not need to put my dress back on for the dessert party that evening??? I dont know

Do I even make sense?! lol

Anyway any help, advice, medication that can be given is much appreciated!

Whoa! You have a TON on your mind right now. LOL...

I think that Monday is fine at 10am. I agree - morning is better for the reasons you listed. (Plus, as you said, if they want to do a long weekend Monday is perfect - they can even fly home that evening if they need to get back home for work, etc.)

I would NOT worry about your guests having a jam-packed schedule for three days. Besides which the rehearsal dinner and whatever else you want to do do NOT take all day so they'll have down time.

Plus, remember that just because it's Disney World doesn't mean they should forget the main reason they're coming to town - your wedding! They can stay past your wedding if they want some extra time in the parks.

I'm going to Cleveland for my future sister-in-law's wedding on a Thursday afternoon, the rehearsal is Friday and wedding is Saturday. 1-2-3...one event after another. It's jam packed but in a good way!

Thanks Pixy

I guess its just a matter of preference at this point.

Monday would be good for "long weekenders" but its looking like there may only be 1 person that would utilize the long weekend as pretty much everyone else is doing the entire week.

tuesday 9-22 is nice becasue it adds up to 13 which is a long running family tradition number.

DF and I will most likely fly in on thrusday so we can get our marriage license and use fri as a "backup" marriage license day.

Where as my mother and family will be driving in and arriving saturday afternoon/evening

So I guess maybe tuesday would be better to allow for travel issues for my family...after traveling from RI the saturday night might be a nice "relax by the pool" night...then Sunday for the afternoon tea and welcome party, monday for the rehersal dinner, massages.... Then on to the tuesday am wedding followed by tues afternoon parasailing, then evening dessert party.

My only worry is that I am stretching it out too far into what would otherwise be our honeymoon....if its all said and done by monday then tues kicks off the honeymoon

It would have been easier if only 1 slot was avail on one of the days...then I would not have to choose lol

I am getting married on a Monday. I have some family coming in on Friday and some on Saturday. We have rehearsal scheduled for 10am on Sunday and I am having a tea party for the ladies on Sunday at 2pm. Nobody has a problem with everything being done on Sunday. I think your wedding on a Monday and everything scheduled on a Sunday would be fine. HTH!:thumbsup2

Since others are giving excellent advice I'll give the medication.

<---- passes the bag of Dove Milk Chocolates over to the CaveCricket. :hyper2:

Thanks all!

(special thanks for the chocolate):)

I went with Monday 9/21 at 10am SBP (at least for now!) lol

Reason for my most recent choice:

I feel the monday is better because it will make things more clustered, if you will.

This way, Sat night the fam can relax....then Sunday we will have a Welcome "brunch", massages for me and my girls, then the rehersal dinner. Cue the wedding the next AM followed by bibbidy-bobbidy time for the flower girls, folks can retreat to their rooms or foodcourts for dinner, then onto the dessert party. Tuesday morning its off to the MK for photos and then we have the rest of the week to let loose and have the time of our lives with family and friends....all the stress will be out of the way by tuesday!

Does anyone feel all of this will be too cluttered to manage?

I don't think so. My theory behind doing everything Sunday and Monday was to get all the wedding stuff out of the way so that people have more time to relax and enjoy the parks. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter