What's your favorite DS/Bonnet Creek area budget option before you check into your resort?

SugarSweetLee

Mouseketeer
We changed our Christmas honeymoon trip to be first week of January instead, and the awesome new discounts don't stay until the day after we arrive. Where's your favorite budget hotel for a travel/landing day before you check in to the magic? We don't necessarily need total bargain basement fleabag levels, but just can't stomach making a separate reservation at full holiday/rack rates for that first night either. Anywhere in the $75-200 range (including fees) would be ideal! We're moving to Coronado on day 2 and to Swan on day 5.

I'd wait until last minute, honestly. Priceline has had some CRAZY deals in the past.

I think it would be a lot of fun to go to Arnold Palmer or Margaritaville or Wyndham or Seaworld or whatever is cheap for a night!

I'd wait until last minute, honestly. Priceline has had some CRAZY deals in the past.

I think it would be a lot of fun to go to Arnold Palmer or Margaritaville or Wyndham or Seaworld or whatever is cheap for a night!

That's a good tactic...I'm just SUCH a planner that I get the heeby jeebies not having something lined up!

There's actually a Hotwire right now for (I think) Wyndham Bonnet Creek that would be around $138 all in...worth biting now, or still wait?

WOW, what a lovely property for $138!!! Def worse choices than that out there. I'd post to that thread before booking to make sure, at least.

Tough decision if you think it's worth waiting. I'd at least wait until Art of Animation opens in November. That thing is a BEAST and could mess up all the Disney resort numbers.

I got Jambo for a night once, but that won't be an option, because it won't be open...

WOW, what a lovely property for $138!!! Def worse choices than that out there. I'd post to that thread before booking to make sure, at least.

Tough decision if you think it's worth waiting. I'd at least wait until Art of Animation opens in November. That thing is a BEAST and could mess up all the Disney resort numbers.

I got Jambo for a night once, but that won't be an option, because it won't be open...

One thing that makes me feel more comfortable about Hotwire vs Priceline is that at least HW gives you a photo of the room...so you can just play matchy matchy with googling your best guesses :)

Re: AoA opening, do you think the other resorts would somehow publically discount further than what they already just announced? Or would it be more offloading stock on the opaque deal sites?

Disney kept the existing reservations, and has to have room for all of those people somewhere. And those people can still cancel, so Disney has to hold inventory that they don't even end up using. The All Stars hotels are MASSIVE. Disney has been moving all the All Stars to Pop, but there have been plenty of stories about upgrades to CB, or even deluxes. Opening AoA will easily handle those existing reservations and leave room for lower priced demand. This might open up some space in the moderates and even Yacht Club, which is what you are looking for.

I would not expect the really good stuff to be released until the last minute, the numbers are just too uncertain, especially with the cancellation policy in play. This is tough for the first week of January for sure, because it's not like you can go off the previous week.

Depends on how much you want to live on the edge. Gotta say, the Wyndham price is hard to argue with... You could book half and see what you could get last minute for the last half?

I'd run the listing by the board. They are real detectives there haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!