What's your go to sunscreen for the parks?

I like Hawaiian Tropic or Neutregena. We usually do a spray at the resort before we go and then use a lotion for reapplying in parks (I don’t want to have anyone around us have a reaction to the spray so we don’t use in parks). We were in the parks for a week in June and none of use burned at all, even my DS who is very pale and burns easily was great! We use the Hawaiian Tropic after Sun Care too even if we don’t get a burn. Helps with keeping our skin hydrated after being in the sun all day.

Of all things - Banana Boat baby (lotion, not spray). I'm allergic to the 'zones (cause me to break out in a rash way worse than any sunburn I've ever had). The baby formula uses physical blockers (Titanium and Zinc), is pretty inexpensive, found basically everywhere you can find sunscreen, and works well enough for me that I apply once in the morning and don't need to reapply through the day (water parks excluded).

Bullfrog.
They also make a kind with Mosquito repellent that is perfect to use in FL. :)

La Roche Posey. it is expensive but I find I never have to reapply it. Very light weight for the face too.

I use La Roche Posay Hydraphase UV for my face, and Neutogena (Ultra Sheer Dry Touch) for my body.

I love, love, love the La Roche Posay. It's pricey (I have to wear in daily even in the winter) but I only have to apply once in the morning and I've never had it fail me. When I did my ICP in 2010, I worked in an outside position and heard comments almost daily about how pale I was, but at least I wasn't burned!

Last edited:

oI am from mass so i am feeling your issue! i had been using the neutrogena spf 45 (lotion style) and lately i have been using a banana boat sport spf 50 that i bought for a DCL cruise in jan and it has been my favorite!

Neutrogena Beach Defense in SPF 70. It is the only sunscreen that actually stays on my see-through ginger husband for more than 10 minutes and actually protects him. I, however, can use pretty much anything and still get a tan and no burn. Even layering a lotion then a spray and keeping up both every 30 minutes will still make me look like I was trying to get some color by the pool.

I love the convenience of spray sunscreen but can’t stand that Coppertone and Up and Up sprays both turn bathing suits yellow. Any ideas what brand of sunscreen spray won’t stain or discolor clothing?

Spray sunscreen drives me insane. There is nothing like sitting near someone who has zero awareness that the wind is blowing their sunscreen into my child's face. (who happens to have asthma)

That being said, we are fans of lotions that have zinc or titanium oxide. We like ThinkSport, Think Baby, and there is a Banana Boat lotion that doesn't have any of the oxy chemicals in it, but I have to get it on Amazon.

Anything with a high SPF that sprays on (so much quicker with the kids). We've been using the Trader Joes brand and Banana Boat since they got very high ratings on Consumer Reports (my DH loves CR).
Yes, absolutely love Trader Joe's spray-on sunscreen. It's been the top rated sunscreen by Consumer Reports the last few years. It's not expensive, about six dollars a can, and has a great texture . Not sticky or "shiny", blends right in very easily. Like it much better than Neutrogena or Coppertone spray. In fact, I just bought two cans yesterday!

I like Kinesys non aerosol spray and Neutrogena (the standard dry touch lotion). I like the liquid spray as it goes on pretty even. Trigger can be tough to use at times though, and it’s hard to get your back.

I’ll be trying some mineral-based sunscreens on my next cruise.

I feel like sprays are a waste for me because half of it goes everywhere but on the body part I'm aiming for. :) And as someone else mentioned, if the wind picks up, I might wind up with a face full of spray myself.

we used the 50SPF Equate (Walmart) and it worked great.

We have a big bottle of this as well, which we keep in our resort room and apply in the mornings. I carry little tubes of sunscreen, I believe they are 30spf, in my bag to the parks, and will reapply if it feels necessary later in the day.

agreed. If you’re on your own aerosol sprays are convenient since you can actually cover your back without contorting your arms around, and if you’re just trying to get the kids moving it’s convenient, but if you have some time, anything besides aerosol sprays are a good choice.

My go to sunscreen is kinesys but it is hard to find and $$$, but dd wears it without any fuss. It’s a dry oil and your can get a mango or unscented (I believe it is ewg rated 3 for the unscented and 4 for the scented). The unscented has zero scent. It also comes in a nonaresol spray so you aren’t breathing in potential nano particals in aresol sunscreens.

Last edited:
I use the same lotion whether it's for the parks, my pool or beach. I use Coppertone Water Babies SPF 50, either lotion or spray for my body and the stick for my face

Ultrasun SPF 50 is my favourite. Didn't burn once, doesn't go on sticky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!