What's your record studio stay with a full house?

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Just curious, I saw the thread about people preferring 1 bedrooms even if it's just for two. I can certainly understand that comfort and privacy factor. However, to save points this year we booked five of us for 8 nights in a Poly studio (Me, wife, 3 teens). No privacy except in the bathroom lol. Granted we were pretty active, and the room was mostly a crash pad. What's your record length studio stay with a full house (5 in a studio, or 4 in a four person studio)?

Never done 5 in a studio and no way would I ever. Four was tough enough. Did New Years a couple years back. Dh and I and our twin DDs. They were 19. We did 3 nights at OKW and 2 at Poly. In studios. Then, because of bad weather for drive home, we added 2 nights in regular room at CSR. So a full week with 4 adults. That was enough for us.

We have 3 kids and bought DVC in 2006 when they were twins-7 and DS-9. Bought after a week long stay at POR where 5 in a regular room was a bit much for us. Too tight and zero privacy. We wanted that 1BR with a separate master for us parents.

Our vacys up to buying DVC had mostly been beach condos with master bedroom and sometimes 2 bedrooms. While hotel stays with cot for 5th person (DS) was for short stays only...like 1 night during travel or weekend trips. We have done 4 in cruise cabin but again...the shorter length of stay the better and mostly did 4 or 5 day cruises with 4. DS would be in other cabin with a friend.

When the kids all started to hit teen age we had to do 2BR for a while. They also needed space at that point plus we needed another bathroom or it would take 3 hours to get out the door for the parks.

But now as just 2 empty nesters, we like a 1BR because DH works some on our trips so he can go in bedroom to work while I am in living room. Plus we always tell the kids they are welcome to join and you never know when 1 or 2 will pop in for a couple days.

Last edited:
Before I knew anything about DVC, I we stayed 10 nights in 2 communicating rooms at the beach club. We were 9, 5 adults and 4 kids from 3 to 10. It is much more easier to be in a 2 bedrooms villa!

Last edited:

Before I knew anything about DVC, I we stayed 10 nights in 2 communicating rooms at the beach club. We were 9, 5 adults and 4 kids from 3 to 10. It is much more easier to be in a 2 bedroom villa!
Does 2 communicating rooms = 2 adjacent connected studios?

I've done up to 10 days in a studio with 3 people. You'll be fine in a Polynesian studio (it's HUGE). Plenty of families of 5 stayed in those rooms before they were converted. I might ask for a ground floor to give you a little more "visual" room out of your villa. We stayed in a ground floor villa and we felt like the grass outside was part of our area.

However, to save points this year we booked five of us for 8 nights in a Poly studio (Me, wife, 3 teens). No privacy except in the bathroom lol.
i am the queen of the studios :)

Poly felt cavernous compared to the AKV value studio I try so hard to snag (never more than 3 pp thus far tho).

Poly studio is absolutely larger than most of the others...can’t forgot that amazing bathroom layout :lovestruc

OP has 3 teens though so 2 share the pull out and one gets the flip down. My DDs (now 21) can fit on the flip down and they are almost 5'9". But not sure they would love it for 8 nights. Not sure a teen boy would like it at all. If OP's is a teen boy. I would agree, though, that Poly studios are a good choice. For the 2 part bathroom so at least 2 can be getting ready at same time. There is not huge amount of storage space there though so be prepared for several open suitcases to be laying around taking up space.

We just spent 7 nights in a Poly studio. 4 adult women... I will start that it was wonderful to have a second bathroom for getting ready. We did run into an issue when we had 2 salon quality hair dryers going at the same time in the bathrooms.. Blew the fuse and maintenance had to come out (oops).

The only space issue we had was with the lack of storage space. We had suitcases in the entrance area to the room, a suitcase in the closet and 2 under the beds. If you like to unpack, there are only 2 smaller drawers under the bed.

When we were all in the room it was fine with the chairs and sofa for sitting and watching TV

We just spent 7 nights in a Poly studio. 4 adult women... I will start that it was wonderful to have a second bathroom for getting ready. We did run into an issue when we had 2 salon quality hair dryers going at the same time in the bathrooms.. Blew the fuse and maintenance had to come out (oops).

The only space issue we had was with the lack of storage space. We had suitcases in the entrance area to the room, a suitcase in the closet and 2 under the beds. If you like to unpack, there are only 2 smaller drawers under the bed.

When we were all in the room it was fine with the chairs and sofa for sitting and watching TV

You may not have realized it but the coffee table flips up to have more storage at the Poly Studio. Not sure if you knew that. But maybe it will help somebody.

Never have done that. We have had three in a studio, rarely.

Me, too. An OKW studio so everyone had a real bed to sleep in. But it is more common for me to get a One Bedroom, even just for me! I'm planning on an 11 person trip in November, 2021. I plan to get a two bedroom lock-off AND a Grand Villa at OKW. 7 in the GV, 4 in the Two Bedroom.

We stayed 4 of us , adult size , the longest 4 nights in a studio, but only when we have the DP as we don't cook in the room.
just this year, we stayed 4 nights at a studio at Riviera and loved it. DS took the bed under the tv and he said it was very comfortable, DD had one bed to herself and we had the other bed. We loved having 2 showers!
We have also done it for F&W as we only use the room to sleep and to shower.

We had 4 adults (my husband, 2 adult daughter and myself) in a CCV "alternate studio". Which was not bad because it was sort of a "mini" 1 bedroom.

We did have 7 in a 2 bedroom lock off at jambo house. My son, his wife, infant son and his mother in law were supposed to be in the studio portion, but his mother in law stayed in the living room and my husband and I slept in the king bed with our 2 granddaughters.

I think 6 in a 2br is the max that I will ever do in the future. But, I would have 5 in a studio if it was just 2 adults and 3 kids under 10.

Yikes - way to bring back the 'bad' memories!

The longest I've spent in a studio with more than 2 was 3 days. Three long days. Each time! Probably 3 to 4 times over the last 20 years. And each time was when somebody got added after it was too late to get a bigger villa or points were low.

We were 4 the first time at BWV and we had what they used to call a studio plus. It had a little bench with a thin cushion that a child could sleep on.

Another time we had 5 with my 2 grands being the 4th and 5th guest which included a crib. No sleep.

And then there was 4 in a studio at BLT before I knew how small they really were. No space to walk once that sleeper was opened.

Fortunately these were very short stays or someone was just with us for 1-3 nights.

Once, I had to get a larger villa at Hilton Head with just three. Had to suffer through living in the studio for a couple nights. The studio there was plenty big. Just needed person number 3 to be behind their own door!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter