What's your record studio stay with a full house?

We have done 10 days in a studio a few times with my DH, son and my mother. It is NP as a crash pad as we are easy going. We are at the parks from open to close most days. I think it would depend on the Individuals staying.
That being said we love having a 1 br so we can cook a good breakfast before we start running for the day.

We did 15 nights at Poly studio. 2 adults, our 21 year old niece and our 11 year old and 6 year old. We did great. I like how it brings our family closer together during our vacation time.
Nice stay! That's definitely the longest in the same studio with five so far.

Nice stay! That's definitely the longest in the same studio with five so far.
We felt so lucky to be at Poly with the monorail to Magic Kingdom and one a short walk for Epcot. The room was great with the split bathroom situation. The pools at the Poly amazing! We were able to spend loads of time with our niece. It may have been a bit too much time spent with us for her liking!

We always opt for more time less space. We are Canadian so if we are able to travel in 2021 and not have quarantine we do plan to spoil ourselves with a 1 bedroom.

We have done 4 and 5 in a studio for 10 days. It's tight and you have to have a bathroom plan, as well as a suitcase/drawer plan.... but it can work if you only use it to sleep and shower.
For us, we spend so much time in the parks, that spending lots of points on the resort room is "pointless" (LOL). Our family gets along very well anyway, so it just adds to the fun for us. I can see how it isn't for everyone.

We are an always-studio type family as well, but we don’t usually stay long. We are, however, also a family of 8 ... so that means 2 rooms when we’re all traveling together (which is not the norm for Disney trips). WDW trips with just a kid or 2 usually means I’m also taking my sister and a kid or 2 of hers- so it’s always a full house. 😉 The more, the merrier, right?!!

Anyway, next March is our first time to all go together since 2017 & we’re staying in a 2-bedroom. I’m terrified that it’s going to “ruin” us forever!! 😆🤪

Wow, we are a family of 5 with oldest being 11. We had 5 in a studio for 1 night twice, once before a cruise, and once added on at Beach Club due to cheaper flights by waiting a day. The night before a cruise was in a Poly studio and I can see us being able to handle that for a week because of the larger space, extra bathroom, but even then, it would be tough. We have a cruise next November and I mentioned we would stay for 2-3 nights in a studio somewhere. Wife immediately suggested the better way to go would be a 1 bedroom. We also do connecting rooms on the cruise, enjoy the extra space and larger balcony.

9 nights in a poly studio. 3 adults and 2 kids. It convinced us to buy enough points for a 1 bedroom most of the time. Next stay will be 3 nights in a AKv studio followed by a 1 bedroom at BLT the rest of the trip.

Poly Studio with two bathrooms is nice. Op if I was in your situation that's where I'd want to be. We've done four adults there for a few days and that was fine.

Last edited:
Over the years we’ve done multiple trips that were 5-7 nights in studios and one bedrooms sleeping 5. It gets snug, but some resorts like Poly studios and BLT/AK one bedrooms are spacious. But as our family has grown it’s either two studios or 2-bedroom DVC

Recent stays
BLT 2-bed, 5 days (8 ppl)
BLT 1-bed, 6 nights (5 ppl)
AKV 2-bed, 7 nights (7 ppl)

With a full house we come to enjoy balcony time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter