Wheelchair boarding in Jet Blue

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
Could anyone tell me how I will be boarding with my handicapped son on Jet Blue.. He is in a convaid stroller and in the past.. it goes to the gate all the way to the plane then they board it down below.. and we sit closer to the doors.... and board early.. this is on southwest and delta.. Do they do the same on Jet Blue?

yes its the same we flew them my sons in a wc
we let them know at the gate and they boarded us 1st and gate checked the wc i always make sure the gate check tag wich u can get at the gate or at checkin has the correct flight # on it so it goes on the right plane
and at check in we had to check in at the main desk beacuse we had unticketed babies the nice lady changed our seats to bulkhead in the front wich has more room on the return trip thoses seats were booked but the nice lady at the gate called out and had some one else asked to move there seats so we could sit bulk head wich worked out for the other lady beacuse her and her kids were not sitting togeather and now they were
and one other couple were bumped to 1st class and we sat togeather in bulk head btw they have a tv on the bulk head so u dont lose out on that

have fun

scott

yes its the same we flew them my sons in a wc
we let them know at the gate and they boarded us 1st and gate checked the wc i always make sure the gate check tag wich u can get at the gate or at checkin has the correct flight # on it so it goes on the right plane
and at check in we had to check in at the main desk beacuse we had unticketed babies the nice lady changed our seats to bulkhead in the front wich has more room on the return trip thoses seats were booked but the nice lady at the gate called out and had some one else asked to move there seats so we could sit bulk head wich worked out for the other lady beacuse her and her kids were not sitting togeather and now they were
and one other couple were bumped to 1st class and we sat togeather in bulk head btw they have a tv on the bulk head so u dont lose out on that

have fun

scott

What is the bulk head?

bulk head is generally the first row of the plane/coach class...

btw, if you sit in the first row, you do NOT HAVE A SEAT IN FRONT OF YOU - ALL LUGGAGE MUST GO OVER YOUR HEAD!!!! This has caused real problems for me, and for takeoff and landings you cannot even have a coat or purse on your lap. this means you may not have access to epi pens or other things for the first 20 min and last 20 min of the flight...

if your plane is delayed on the tarmac (runway) then you STILL cannot get access to it. it may work for you, but it is something to consider.... the first row does have more leg room, which may make an easier transfer

bulk head is generally the first row of the plane/coach class...

btw, if you sit in the first row, you do NOT HAVE A SEAT IN FRONT OF YOU - ALL LUGGAGE MUST GO OVER YOUR HEAD!!!! This has caused real problems for me, and for takeoff and landings you cannot even have a coat or purse on your lap. this means you may not have access to epi pens or other things for the first 20 min and last 20 min of the flight...

if your plane is delayed on the tarmac (runway) then you STILL cannot get access to it. it may work for you, but it is something to consider.... the first row does have more leg room, which may make an easier transfer

They wouldn't let you put your purse/bag under your own seat? Could you have kept the epipen in your pocket, in its case?

I haven't flown JetBlue yet, but I fly bulkhead most of the time now (only unless it is an exit row) because of my service dog. The only time I was ever asked to not have a purse on my lap was on a small ComAir jet (the type with 24 or so rows of seats, 2 on each side of the aisle per row) and that lady just had me put it under my own seat (I put my foot on the strap so whoever was behind me couldn't get it/I'd feel if somebody was moving it/it wouldn't scoot back during the incline of taking off).

On some flights I have had my purse on the floor between my foot and the side wall (window seat), even. Now I don't use a purse, just my dog's little pack, but I take her pack off her during the flight (for her comfort and for my ease of getting items I need out of it). I've never been asked to not have it on my lap/in my seat/between my leg and the wall during takeoff or landing.

The last flight I took my mother was with me and sitting next to me. Nobody said anything to her keeping her giant purse (the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink type) between the back of her legs and the front of her seat. Not that I am promoting that type of behaviour!! But, I'm reporting that nobody said anything to her.

I don't think it would be legal of them to keep your EpiPen from you, so the next time they insist on your bag going out of your reach, keep the EpiPen with you (hand/pocket/seat pocket in front of you) and put the bag away/have them put the bag away. I would think that in the event of a life-threatening reaction you were having, they wouldn't have a problem with you or somebody else getting the EpiPen out of the overhead bin, though!

If anybody needs assistance getting something in the overhead bin (or putting it up there), the stewardesses (and stewards) will help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter